[EU] Champions League 2007/2008 (114 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
exactly..Sevilla was a test too..but that was at the Emirates..this ones going to be at Anfield..Liverpool rarely lose there..which is going to make it that much harder.
And we are angry. Hopefully Rafa won't spot you guys a goal by starting Pennant. Any game in which Pennant starts, translates as we won't be attacking you from the right side tonight.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alltagsheld

Oct 10, 2006
Barcelona obviously. But most of all I think he hates "fans" like you. What annoys me is that in general there are two ways of supporting football teams:

1. You're a supporter of a team. This means you follow ONE team.
2. You're a supporter of a certain type of football. In your case, fucktard, this would mean you support teams such as Barcelona, Arsenal and Milan. Yet you support Juventus.

The thing is, you can't cheer for different types of football in different teams. That's contradictory. It basically means you're a gloryhunter.
What a narrow-minded point of view. You absolutely ignored the possibility of a combination of the two types which clearly exists.

You can be raised as a supporter of one team and will support it all your life through which would be the 1st option in your list. But that does not prevent you from adoring the way other teams play. And then you start cheering for them and from time to time your love for this club is growing even though their style of playing changes - you support two clubs now.

One will always be number one because you grew up supporting them, went to the stadium first watching one of their home matches and so on, and there is the second one which you love, too, and cheer for them as long as they don't play against your number one club.

Calling that gloryhunting would be extremly ignorant. Don't get me wrong, I also think supporting the top club in each league is definetly gloryhunting and a strange way of being a "fan", but that's not how it is in each case when two teams are supported.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
What a narrow-minded point of view. You absolutely ignored the possibility of a combination of the two types which clearly exists.

You can be raised as a supporter of one team and will support it all your life through which would be the 1st option in your list. But that does not prevent you from adoring the way other teams play. And then you start cheering for them and from time to time your love for this club is growing even though their style of playing changes - you support two clubs now.

One will always be number one because you grew up supporting them, went to the stadium first watching one of their home matches and so on, and there is the second one which you love, too, and cheer for them as long as they don't play against your number one club.

Calling that gloryhunting would be extremly ignorant. Don't get me wrong, I also think supporting the top club in each league is definetly gloryhunting and a strange way of being a "fan", but that's not how it is in each case when two teams are supported.

:tup:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Well, this is true, but then it would limit itself to ONE team and the others, right? I mean, ONE team, because it's basically YOUR team and the others, because you like their football. This isn't how m_elayyan sees it. He considers all those teams HIS teams and cheers for opposing football philosophies. Hence he contradicts himself. I hope I clarified it for you.

Sep 26, 2007
Would you be proud with him if he score 2 goals against Juventus?
No I wouldn't be but lets all be realistic Gila will not be scoring 2 goals against Juve. I'm a Azzurri fan first then a Juve fan FYI so anyone on the Azzurri is important to me. If Gila's form is excellent that means we have another striker at our disposal on the Azzurri which is really critical for us considering our Euro 08 Qualifiers situation.

Sep 26, 2007
How on earth were you born supporting the Azzurri?

It really shouldn't be Azzurri then Juventus. Rather, it should be the Azzurri AND Juventus. That way you seem more like a real supporter instead of just someone "along for the ride."
I'm sorry you interpreted that literally. I'll correct myself. I've been a Azzurri fan since I was younger due to the fact that is who my family and I support.

I disagree. I don't think that my love for my NT should even interfere with my love for Juventus. Just because I love my NT does not mean I am along for the 'ride' with Juve thus making my support of Juve fake. They don't even compare. So for me to say the Azzurri then Juventus doesn't discredit my being a fan.

ßöмßäяdîëя;1479255 said:
That's due to bad parenting.
Well thats just an opinion.

Sep 26, 2007
ßöмßäяdîëя;1479262 said:
By definition, it means you support teams with more national team members more than you support Juventus.
No it does not. I put my NT first that doesn't mean I put every one of their players first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 114)