[EU] Champions League 05/06 (1 Viewer)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
northbank said:
At Arsenal we have fine traditions and when players go against them this is what happens, this is why we are so proud of our team and it's history;

The People
Is this the same Wenger whose mantra is " I didn't see it" ? So what about the going to the floor very easily of Pires and Reyes, how come Wenger has not commented on their play acting before? Anyways its all gone now and Barcelona are champs. I am just bemused as to why you are still in this forum as you guys beat us a long time ago. Maybe you will hang around and start a thread called northbank against the world like some did when their team beat us in Cl final. Seems the norm anyways, beat Juve in Cl and open up a thread after that. As I am sure we still got Liverpool fans here too

Sep 28, 2002
ZhiXin said:
I agree with what u say.

The referee is not bias, he is terrible for both sides, maybe u can say the referee ruin everything or whatsoever, but to only say about Lehmann's red card and put everything aside is just pure bias.

Regards to the offside, Larsson changed the direction of the ball, Etoo RECEIVED the ball at a position which is not offside and he dashed in to score. Even the commentator from ESPN said that Etoo's speed beat the offside trap and it is a perfectly legal goal. This issue should have been solved long ago.

Which leads me to have another issue, has the quality of referees seriously deteriorated over the years? Ever since the resigning of Urs Meier and Anders Frisk and the retirement of Collina, I can't see any other personnel for the job. Kim Milton Nielson is the perfect choice IMO, but other than him, I can't think of anybody else. Markus Merk is overrated.

The most ironic thing for the last few pages is, how come no1 mentioned about the Arsenal - Villarreal game. If they want to talk about referees, mention that game as well. How Jose Mari was hacked down at the back and Giberto not receiving the red card. The media is really biased in this issue, but I don't blame them for facouring the english teams and dedicate 1 or 2 pages to them when an English team wins an European final. If you people want to talk abnout bias refereeing, please refer to that game as well and not pay full attention to the final only.
nielsen is self loving egocentric cunt!

northbank

Mar 22, 2006
denco said:
Is this the same Wenger whose mantra is " I didn't see it" ? So what about the going to the floor very easily of Pires and Reyes, how come Wenger has not commented on their play acting before? Anyways its all gone now and Barcelona are champs. I am just bemused as to why you are still in this forum as you guys beat us a long time ago. Maybe you will hang around and start a thread called northbank against the world like some did when their team beat us in Cl final. Seems the norm anyways, beat Juve in Cl and open up a thread after that. As I am sure we still got Liverpool fans here too
He has criticised both Pires and Reyes before and the 'I didn't see it thing' is just a devise used by the media to get at Wenger.

Some of you guys have interesting things to say about football, so I pop by to read every so often. Is that a problem?

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
I thought Arsenal were the better team up until Lehmann's sending off, and no one can say that Barca's game would have "opened up" after going up a goal, as who knows what would have hapenned. Ronaldinho was barely in the game when it was 11-11, and arsenal were consistently dangerous. Barca had had a great chance, but I don't think they were playing particularly well at all.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
northbank said:
He has criticised both Pires and Reyes before and the 'I didn't see it thing' is just a devise used by the media to get at Wenger.

Some of you guys have interesting things to say about football, so I pop by to read every so often. Is that a problem?
I have seen Wenger on numerous occasions say he did not see it so thats not a media invention. Nope you can stay as long as you like as you would add quality to this site thats for sure

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
northbank said:
Heck no. He uses it all the time. I'm sure it's long gotten to the stage where he knows the reaction it gets, and he's happy to give it. I mean, he often repeats the actual formula, "I did not see the incident" - clearly taking the mick out of the reporters!

Not at all! Hell, we've had Milan, Roma and Lazio fans around before, and there's always a few Scouse under the rocks. You'd be welcome.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Fliakis said:
the reason why im happy that barca won is none other than ludovic giuly. it was obvious how much did it mean to him.

anyone got a pic of him crying?
One can only support Giuly I guess.

northbank

Mar 22, 2006
denco said:
I have seen Wenger on numerous occasions say he did not see it so thats not a media invention. Nope you can stay as long as you like as you would add quality to this site thats for sure
Yeah, I was just seeing if I could get away with that excuse. :D

He says it all of the time. He has one other trademark too; every player he is asked about he says is a 'good player', no matter how poor or great they are.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
northbank said:
Yeah, I was just seeing if I could get away with that excuse. :D

He says it all of the time. He has one other trademark too; every player he is asked about he says is a 'good player', no matter how poor or great they are.
I have never heard him say RVN is good except cheat in french means good:D

Jan 30, 2006
If any refereeing descions are in favour of Juve a new scandal arises. However in this seasons Cl Barca had Terje Hauge as their referee in 2 imp matches- against Chelsea and Arsenal where many incorrect descisions were in favour of Barca. Why doesnt anyone look at that??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)