Eto'o (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Etoo is a great striker no doubt about that, but this season he has been off form and he's looked lazy most of the time. But he's clinical, that i wont take away from him, 15 league goals while missing most of the season is quite frankly phenomenal.

Buy on AliExpress.com

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Etoo is a great striker no doubt about that, but this season he has been off form and he's looked lazy most of the time. But he's clinical, that i wont take away from him, 15 league goals while missing most of the season is quite frankly phenomenal.
True...his striking rate is amazing.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
His striking rate is not phenomenal.Stats alone do not tell the story.Eto is not one of the best in the world by any means.His goals/season ratio looks good because he has players like Messi,Iniesta,Deco etc behind him.For every goal that he scores,he missed 3 chances.When you have such creative players in your midfield,you will score lots of goals,but that does not mean that you are great.Had someone like Trezeguet or RVN been in Eto's place,they would have scored much more goals than him.Frankly,i dont see Eto scoring as many goals with us.Our midfield does not boast of the same creativity that Barcelona's midfield does,and Eto will struggle to score with any team that does not give him tons and tons of chances,for he needs them to get one goal in.And no,im not talking about this season alone.Im talking about his entire Barcelona career.Eto has always been an average finsher.The fact that his midfield gives him countless chances is what makes him look good.

Overrated player.Not worth the money.At best,he is a good player.Trezeguet is his daddy.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
His striking rate is not phenomenal.Stats alone do not tell the story.Eto is not one of the best in the world by any means.His goals/season ratio looks good because he has players like Messi,Iniesta,Deco etc behind him.For every goal that he scores,he missed 3 chances.When you have such creative players in your midfield,you will score lots of goals,but that does not mean that you are great.Had someone like Trezeguet or RVN been in Eto's place,they would have scored much more goals than him.Frankly,i dont see Eto scoring as many goals with us.Our midfield does not boast of the same creativity that Barcelona's midfield does,and Eto will struggle to score with any team that does not give him tons and tons of chances,for he needs them to get one goal in.

Overrated player.Not worth the money.At best,he is a good player.Trezeguet is his daddy.
i think his bad form is mostly due to injuries, bad lack, lack of motivation etc... But have you seen him before the injuries, he's a fantastic player no two ways about it. He'd score goals for any team if he regained his form imo, which he probably will with a change of scenery.

He's better than any transfer target you guys have this summer, i dont think you need a striker, but if you are going for a striker, Etoo is light years ahead of Amauri, and i rate Amauri.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
I wasnt talking about his form.I was talking about his goal scoring skill.His goals/season average is great,but if there was ever a stat along the lines of goals/chances,that would be pretty average for him.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
His striking rate is not phenomenal.Stats alone do not tell the story.Eto is not one of the best in the world by any means.His goals/season ratio looks good because he has players like Messi,Iniesta,Deco etc behind him.For every goal that he scores,he missed 3 chances.When you have such creative players in your midfield,you will score lots of goals,but that does not mean that you are great.Had someone like Trezeguet or RVN been in Eto's place,they would have scored much more goals than him.Frankly,i dont see Eto scoring as many goals with us.Our midfield does not boast of the same creativity that Barcelona's midfield does,and Eto will struggle to score with any team that does not give him tons and tons of chances,for he needs them to get one goal in.And no,im not talking about this season alone.Im talking about his entire Barcelona career.Eto has always been an average finsher.The fact that his midfield gives him countless chances is what makes him look good.

As I said in my previous post Eto`s finishing is not at the same level as Trez but Eto is an overall better player
he is faster, tear up defences using his speed
he is more involved in the game
can create to himself

while Trez is better at shooting at goal (and heading at goal...)
if you look to a player that will take advantage of his teamates assists than he is your guy

BUT if you look to someone who make your team look better more lively and make more impact while he may miss some but also can create some (more chances) than Eto is your guy. it just depends on how you look at it.

I personally like to see strikers do more than just to wait for their chances and altough Trez is quite underated for his passing skills he is not an active player what makes him a static player therefore I`ll go for Eto

how much is Eto gonna score in Serie A is yet to be known but he sure will make an impact

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Trezeguet does that because he's a much better finisher than Eto.Give him a chance,and he'll make it count.That isnt the case with Eto.You need to give him multiple chances to make up for the ones he squanders.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

Eto'o isn't one of the best? then who is? Zlatan Ibrahimovic?

When was Messi when Barcelona won the CL and Eto'o had one outstanding season?

As much as I hate to say it, Eto'o is better than the likes of RVN and Trezeguet. Very simple, he can do things the likes of Trezeguet and RVN can't do except finishing.

Eto'o can perfectly fit in a formation that consists of Muaro, Del Piero and Nedved. And as for the Barcelona giving him him countless chances is what makes him good, thats completely incorrect. I've seen the Eto'o of Cameron and the Eto'o of Mallorca, he doesn't need midfielders to create for him chances. He can create them by himself. And this is why I think he's one of the best attackers out there.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Get off the crack Rab, Trez is irreplaceable just like DP. Eto'o can suck a dodool.
I wouldn't bench world's best finisher for Eto'o. I'd try to play them both together alongside Ale. That said, what I meant is that Eto'o is the better player overall. Though my love and passion to David is endless.

tibike

Dec 11, 2007
I agree with Salman here: Eto'o is a better player overall, but Trez is the best in the world when it comes to converting chances into goals.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Eto'o isn't one of the best? then who is? Zlatan Ibrahimovic?

When was Messi when Barcelona won the CL and Eto'o had one outstanding season?

As much as I hate to say it, Eto'o is better than the likes of RVN and Trezeguet. Very simple, he can do things the likes of Trezeguet and RVN can't do except finishing.

Eto'o can perfectly fit in a formation that consists of Muaro, Del Piero and Nedved. And as for the Barcelona giving him him countless chances is what makes him good, thats completely incorrect. I've seen the Eto'o of Cameron and the Eto'o of Mallorca, he doesn't need midfielders to create for him chances. He can create them by himself. And this is why I think he's one of the best attackers out there.
Eto cannot finish half as good as RVN or Trezeguet can.He has scored 19 goals in 60 appearances for Cameroon,and 48 goals in 120 appearances for Mallorca.Pippo had a better goal scoring ratio for us than Eto had for Mallorca.He may be able to dribble past entire teams and create countless chances,but when it comes to finishing,and nothing BUT finishing..Eto cannot hold a candle to the best in the world.I hate to bring up stats to justify something,but as people are talking about his stats,then you can see how average he's been for Cameroon and Mallorca,while you think otherwise.Oh and yes..and onform Zlatan is one of the best in the world,but you're the last person id discuss that with.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Eto cannot finish half as good as RVN or Trezeguet can.He has scored 19 goals in 60 appearances for Cameroon,and 48 goals in 120 appearances for Mallorca.Pippo had a better goal scoring ratio for us than Eto had for Mallorca.He may be able to dribble past entire teams and create countless chances,but when it comes to finishing,and nothing BUT finishing..Eto cannot hold a candle to the best in the world.I hate to bring up stats to justify something,but as people are talking about his stats,then you can see how average he's been for Cameroon and Mallorca,while you think otherwise.And you're the last person that id like to have an argument with concerning Zlatan.
His striking rate is not phenomenal.Stats alone do not tell the story..
Stats tell stories or not???? make up your mind salmy:D

Anyway, not even RVN can finish like Trezeguet IMO. What I'm saying here is that a player like Eto'o doesn't need anyone to create for him the chances unlike the finishers.

And just incase you don't know, a player who is able to create, dribble, pass, cross will never be as good as finishers because finishers have mainly one job to do which is easier for them, whereas players that focus on creating chances, dribbling etc have much more difficult task to complete. Even Maradona isn't close to Trezeguet when it comes to finishing. But still doesn't mean Trezeguet is the better player.

P.S, Zlatan Ibrahimovic is one arrogant prick SOB. And world's most overrated player. So there's nothing we can talk about concerning him:juve1:

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
You ignored the 'I hate to bring up stats' part too;)

Anyway..There isnt room for a player like Eto at Juventus.If you want to make room for him,then you'd need to shift Del Piero and Trezeguet on the bench,and make him play on his own upfront..needless to say,you'd need to revamp your midfield into a much more creative unit.He isnt a conventional Trezeguet like finisher(he isnt good enough finisher to be one) and he isnt a conventional support Striker either.I simply dont see him fitting into Ranieri's 4-4-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)