Essien on Juve wish list (2 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
wow back put the ego back in check, its not a witch hunt , you just have this habit of not being objective in your views thats all and i will respond to your posts regarding Zlatan and Dp
Nah not really. The only sort of arguement I'm remotely not objective in is some EPL discussions because, in my enviornment at least, I think it's overated. You might think I'm not objective because you don't agree with my opinions, however it doesn't mean I'm wrong. I see what I see, and you see what you see. It just doesn't make any sense to hate a player I have loved for almost all my footballing life in favor of new player at Juve. All I'm trying to show people is that unfortunately Del Piero has not been as good as people make him out to be this season and IMO Zlatan has been better and deserves some credit from us. I'm very glad to see that DP is coming alive again though.

Buy on AliExpress.com

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Would that be Torres of Athletico madrid? Just out of interest do you think he is better or worse that Trez and I do not believe Campbell is thn Rio but its my opinion
In all honesty, I think Sol Campbell is way better than Rio Ferdinand. He is a thinking defender, has as much, if not more skills on the ball as Rio does and is more physically adept in the air than Rio. In fact, the only thing that qualifies Ferdinand as a decent defender is his lanky frame and good speed. But besides that, I'd have to say Rio doesnt only lose out to Campbell, he even loses out to Ashley Cole who imo is a more complete player.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++

In all honesty, I think Sol Campbell is way better than Rio Ferdinand. He is a thinking defender, has as much, if not more skills on the ball as Rio does and is more physically adept in the air than Rio. In fact, the only thing that qualifies Ferdinand as a decent defender is his lanky frame and good speed. But besides that, I'd have to say Rio doesnt only lose out to Campbell, he even loses out to Ashley Cole who imo is a more complete player.
You think Campbell has football skills?:D:howler: I am sorry , i didnt put that for effect, I am actually laughing. Come on man, what are you talking about, Campbell is just as bad as cannavaro. Cole is a different matter as he can play as a left winger so he definetly would have more skills that both of them but Campbell? You said Campbell thinks, please, he does not , he just reacts while Rio anticipates and snuffs out the danger quicker. Rio's biggest problem used to be lack of concentration but he has overcome that and now he is up there with the very best
Campbell:D

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Andy your wrong, the mistakes your talking about were by SILVESTRE, I know they look similar but they are different players...

On, and so you know...Nesta only had a "good game" cause van Nistelrooy wasnt match sharp, and didnt score any of his like 4 or 5 shots on goal he had...oh, and because Giggs hit the post...that is the only different...

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Rio has to do the work of 2 defenders also, whilst he plays next to Silvestre, who is always liable for a lack of concerntration or mistake, whereas Nesta plays like Stam...

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
Rio has to do the work of 2 defenders also, whilst he plays next to Silvestre, who is always liable for a lack of concerntration or mistake, whereas Nesta plays like Stam...
i do feel sorry for rio, having to play with Wes Brown and john o'shea, who arent the best defenders to say the least.....and with shoddy keepers, id say rio does brilliantly.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
You think Campbell has football skills?:D:howler: I am sorry , i didnt put that for effect, I am actually laughing. Come on man, what are you talking about, Campbell is just as bad as cannavaro. Cole is a different matter as he can play as a left winger so he definetly would have more skills that both of them but Campbell? You said Campbell thinks, please, he does not , he just reacts while Rio anticipates and snuffs out the danger quicker. Rio's biggest problem used to be lack of concentration but he has overcome that and now he is up there with the very best
Dude, compared to Rio, even you would have football skills. ;)

Dan10

Mar 15, 2005
Id have to agree that Cannavaro are way better then Rio. On Man utd he may not have as much defence or even a decent goalie but look at the front line, with all that talent they should never lose the ball i mean youve got a monster midfielder in keane who can win most balls, you have c.ronaldo, scholes, giggs, kleberson with alan smith rooney n van the man attacking. And its not like the EPL is a tactical league, they just attack the net and most of the teams in the EPL do not have amazing talent in the attack department accept for the bigger teams. And if you are gonna talk about Man Utd defence you mite want to mention that they have the Neville brothers, which are pretty decent and a young argentine named Heinze who has blown any Utd defender out of the water. Man Utd were without Rio for about 8 months and last year they finished 3rd in the EPL and it could be this year that they also finish 3rd with Arsenal healthy again. While Juventus last year finished 3rd without Canna. and now with him, were clear at the top with ac. Thats a huge difference and Rio would not even be missed in the England squad as John Terry is 15x better anyway. Canna is clearly better then Rio as he made an instant impact on Juve while Rio has led them to the same as last year, with nothing. Well mayb the FA cup well see lol

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Dan10 ] ++
Id have to agree that Cannavaro are way better then Rio. On Man utd he may not have as much defence or even a decent goalie but look at the front line, with all that talent they should never lose the ball i mean youve got a monster midfielder in keane who can win most balls, you have c.ronaldo, scholes, giggs, kleberson with alan smith rooney n van the man attacking. And its not like the EPL is a tactical league, they just attack the net and most of the teams in the EPL do not have amazing talent in the attack department accept for the bigger teams. And if you are gonna talk about Man Utd defence you mite want to mention that they have the Neville brothers, which are pretty decent and a young argentine named Heinze who has blown any Utd defender out of the water. Man Utd were without Rio for about 8 months and last year they finished 3rd in the EPL and it could be this year that they also finish 3rd with Arsenal healthy again. While Juventus last year finished 3rd without Canna. and now with him, were clear at the top with ac. Thats a huge difference and Rio would not even be missed in the England squad as John Terry is 15x better anyway. Canna is clearly better then Rio as he made an instant impact on Juve while Rio has led them to the same as last year, with nothing. Well mayb the FA cup well see lol
The amount of goals that Man u conceded without him being there and with him being there is what we are talking about not their position in the league. Yep Cannavaro has helped a lot to shore up our defence but also has the arrival of Thuram in the center and Emerson and Blasi. I do not know what his arrival has got to do with our being joint first. Heinze is a great addition to their defence but Rio's presence is the main reason they have been more solid this season

@ Baggio, I got some skills dont you worry about that as i am a failed footballer, loads of professional players i know i have more natural talent than

Dan10

Mar 15, 2005
The amount of goals that Man u conceded without him being there and with him being there is what we are talking about not their position in the league. Yep Cannavaro has helped a lot to shore up our defence but also has the arrival of Thuram in the center and Emerson and Blasi. I do not know what his arrival has got to do with our being joint first. Heinze is a great addition to their defence but Rio's presence is the main reason they have been more solid this season

@ Baggio, I got some skills dont you worry about that as i am a failed footballer, loads of professional players i know i have more natural talent than
I still believe that canavarro is better then ferdinand.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Rio is vital for MU, no doubt. He is a great presence in defense and MU look more solid when he is there. But I must say he hasn't been great either, I just feel his physical presence most of the times, lacking cleverness, while Cannavaro is filled with cleverness to make-up for lack of physical presence.

If I were to pick, I'd still pick Canna coz he rocks at the momment, but I won't put Rio levels below him. I think Rio is pretty good and almost worldclass.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Most people in this tread didn't say that Ferdinand is shit, it's just that he isn't a world class defender. He's on the same level as Chivu, so just under the level of Cannavaro. However, most people are very biased against English players because they are always hyped to a ridiculous degree.

Jul 28, 2002
best centre halfs in the world......nesta, canna, rio, terry........these guys are world class, shame terry is a tosser tho.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Then he must be better then cos you believe

You can laugh at a Campbell V Rio comparison, when in all honesty this (Canna V Rio) is the comparison that should have your whites lighting up the room.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++
Most people in this tread didn't say that Ferdinand is shit, it's just that he isn't a world class defender. He's on the same level as Chivu, so just under the level of Cannavaro. However, most people are very biased against English players because they are always hyped to a ridiculous degree.
True.

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Webber ] ++
True, but Canna lacks in jumping. He is 'just' 178 cm.

he has one of the biggest leap in the business,
if it hadnt been the case, he would not survive with his relatively small height.

Togon

Nov 2, 2003

Rios biggest problem is that he loose his firmness too often and too easy for a wordclass centerback. That rarely happens to Nesta, Canna or Terry.

Rio always wants to show how calm and collected he is, but when something unpredictable happens (like a bad bounce of the ball, a nice trick by the attacker etc) he losts control, and begins to hesitate.

he lives from his physical presence, from that point of view he is the same as Campbell

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Rio lacks the courage and the devil-may-care no nonsense attitude that Cannavaro has,and his biggest problem is his concentration because he only seems to be on the game when on the defensive,on counterattacking situations or when the team has suddenly lost possession near the box he never seems to be there and is suspect to an unexpected turn of events.

He is a fine defender like Helguera is,but isn't world class by any stretch of the imagination.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)