[ESP] Primera Liga 2006/2007 (11 Viewers)

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Xavi: We Blew It, And Presented The Title To Madrid

Barcelona midfielder Xavi was in no mood for words, but in what little he said, let glimpse his frustration

A last minute strike from Espanyol striker Raul Tamudo - after Barcelona wasted countless chances to put the game to bed - saw them hand the control of the title race to Real Madrid on a platter, on a night when Los Merengues slipped up in Zaragoza.

It has been the story of Barcelona's season, and Xavi said as much.

"What happened today is basically the summary of the year," he said. "We have breathed life into them [Real Madrid], and we have give them the league. This can be decisive."

"We have lost a wonderful opportunity," he continued, disappointment personified. "In one minute, everything changed.

"Madrid now have everything in their favour. It is like someone has drenched us in cold water.

"We will hope that they slip up, but it has been ours to lose. I

"If we do not win this, we will have lost it more than they will have won it."

Perhaps rightly so, after failing to make the most of Real Madrid's struggles early in the season, presenting them with chance after chance.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Sep 1, 2002
u misunderstood me there, i meant to say they cant take advantage of there goal scoring chances. look at the stats of the game and u will understand my point. they waste the chances they get. i think intodays game they had 26 shot!!! compared to 8 to espanyol
I see now: Some days it is not meant to be.

I still think they will win it.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
In a way the Football Gods have leveled the playing field. Had Real lost, Barca would have taken a wrongful lead considering Messi palmed the ball into the goal.

I expect next week to be 10x more dramatic than today.

Sep 1, 2002
In a way the Football Gods have leveled the playing field. Had Real lost, Barca would have taken a wrongful lead considering Messi palmed the ball into the goal.

I expect next week to be 10x more dramatic than today.
The footballing Gods don't give a thought to a level playing field, that is left to the likes of Moggi!

Oct 3, 2004
What a night for the Argentines! Pablo Aimar makes a meal out of his fall/dive, and Messi scores a hand of God (should Barca win the league!)

Is it really the prophecy of the next Maradona to score a hand of God? I was shocked when I saw that last night!

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
i am speechless , dont know what to say except that we gave the liga to real.
i have to disagree here, not just cos u r m_elayaan, but because u still insist u gave it away to real. at the begining of this season barca were tipped to win both domestic titles and the cl and that was a bit taking it too far. this lead to the team as a whole being way over confident. at times i think madrid whether u like them or hate them tried really hard specially towards the end of the season. nothing kills me more to see capello win this year, but u also have to respect the determination madrid showed from game to game sth i honestly did'nt see barcelona have this season what so ever whether in the cl or in the liga.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
i have to disagree here, not just cos u r m_elayaan, but because u still insist u gave it away to real. at the begining of this season barca were tipped to win both domestic titles and the cl and that was a bit taking it too far. this lead to the team as a whole being way over confident. at times i think madrid whether u like them or hate them tried really hard specially towards the end of the season. nothing kills me more to see capello win this year, but u also have to respect the determination madrid showed from game to game sth i honestly did'nt see barcelona have this season what so ever whether in the cl or in the liga.
did you see it before that a team always win or draw in the 90th minute . i mean what luck for real and in the same time what stupidity from barca , not able to hold on to the win for the whole match. anyway i will always support barca but it was a disappointing season , messi is the only bright light for the future of barca.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
tell me u r being sarcastic!!

barca dont deserve to win anything this year. the players dont seem hungry to win trophies. apparently they have problems with scoring goals its very obvious!! frank rijaakard is the crappiest tactician ever,the defence is terible not to mention oleguer is by far the crappiest defender in the world ( and mahar makes fun of boum boum, who is way much better than oleguer), and ronnis's poor form ever since the wc is to blame. so please stop crying over sth barca didnt deserve to win in the first place.
agreed.

only problem is neither do Real deserve to win it.both teams have been very poor this season IMO.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
did you see it before that a team always win or draw in the 90th minute . i mean what luck for real and in the same time what stupidity from barca , not able to hold on to the win for the whole match. anyway i will always support barca but it was a disappointing season , messi is the only bright light for the future of barca.
its called effeciency not luck.

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
Elayyan, unfortunately Barca didn't have what it takes this season. We have to admit that Rijkard isn't a propper tactitian at all, and always fails to deliver if he is against a mastermind.. Espanol on the other hand had what it takes and never dropped the flag, despite the fact that should they lose, it won't affect them! But it's the Catalonia Derby :) Anyhow, we can talk about this until forever! Let's see what the new signs will do next season.. Hard Luck..

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
zaragoza gave us the league...we handed it back!!!

simple as this....RIJKAARD OUT ... OLEGUER EXECUTED and thuram put in a retirement home..... eto'o to a football camp for 10 year olds to learn what finishing means

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
I have to disagree with you.. ;) I mean the fight back of real is surly amazing(even if it hurts to say this) BUT Barca and Sevilla did awarded the title to real. I mean look at the game yesterday, so many chances not used.. also against betis they should have won by 4-5 goals.. and sevilla also had the chance yesterday to go top and they did not use is again.. they could have won against real in madrid if that stupid alves scores free in from of the goal.. you know what I mean..

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
I have to disagree with you.. ;) I mean the fight back of real is surly amazing(even if it hurts to say this) BUT Barca and Sevilla did awarded the title to real. I mean look at the game yesterday, so many chances not used.. also against betis they should have won by 4-5 goals.. and sevilla also had the chance yesterday to go top and they did not use is again.. they could have won against real in madrid if that stupid alves scores free in from of the goal.. you know what I mean..
yeah i get u alan but its not the main reason for them throwing away the title. sevilla well as we had expected from the begining of the season where bound to choke when ever they had the chance to win.

besides this title race was wide open weeks ago it came to who toke advantage of his games. i agree thou with yr point it was handed courtesy of frank rijkaard.:D

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
come on guys let messi alone.. I mean so many other players are cheating to get a penalty. Messi just want to make things easier ;)
:Agree:
For me last night was perfect. Messi really impressed me, that was very clever. Barca suffering like tht was even special, also glad Capello has done well. And btw the title is far from over; nobody handed the title to anyone yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)