Erling Braut Håland - Striker - Red Bull Salzburg (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Needs playing time to continue developing. Move to Juventus at this point wouldn’t be in his best interests
Then we have no chance of ever signing young talented players. If we can't give an honest go to young players then what's the point of always having to buy them at their highest market price?

I hate the mentality of Italian clubs.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
It's a massive market opportunity.

For 30m we will probably get him since his value is actually more around 70m. Paratici and team see an investment here and that is why we'll be able to make Raiola a lot, a lot of money. Even if the whole transaction would land at around say 50m(outside of his salary) with Raiola getting a massive commission and Haaland pocketing a good sign on clause Juve would still think its worth it.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Then we have no chance of ever signing young talented players. If we can't give an honest go to young players then what's the point of always having to buy them at their highest market price?

I hate the mentality of Italian clubs.
Ive never understood that mentality. Juventus at least seemed to be moving forward with Keane and then signing DeLigt. But no one can honestly say this guy is going to start over Higuaín, Dybala, or Ronaldo on a consistent basis

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #85
    For 30m you can't even get Petagna so 30m on a potential star is a market opportunity to take. :beppe2:

He could end up like Genoa's Pjatek or meelan's.

It's a risk to take but like others said, we need to address the mid too.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    Ive never understood that mentality. Juventus at least seemed to be moving forward with Keane and then signing DeLigt. But no one can honestly say this guy is going to start over Higuaín, Dybala, or Ronaldo on a consistent basis
    Yep. A club like Dortmund for example would be much better for him personally.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Ronaldo has what a year or two left? Who knows if Higuain will even stay? Haaland is a kid still as long as he gets minutes and consistent rotation he will develop here

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    I don't think Dybała is considered a striker. He can play there but so he can play CAM. Therefore, I don't think Haland would compete with him directly. He'd get minutes when Ronaldo and Higuain need rest or if he continues his form he would just bench Pipa. Also, assuming Costa keeps injure himself and Berna continues his poor performance, he'd find lots of space upfront.

What is really interesting is that we would have basically exchange Kean for Haland. Both 19yo strikers with Raiola as their agent. Apparently we sold Kean because Raiola wanted more minutes for him. Having said that, would he now sell us Haland if he thought he won't get minutes here? Or maybe it was Juve who decided to cash on Kean because we thought his disciplinary issues will be an obstacle to his development as he's been showing with Nazionale and now Everton? If that was the case then Moise wanting more minutes could've just been a useful excuse to get rid of him for decent amount. Now the Haland rumors show we still want our young super talent upfront.
    Agreed

It's just an odd series of events that leads us to offload one young Raiola striker only to bring in another. At least Carlo will now make use of Kean at Everton.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Is not what we need but it will be what we need. Remember that CR7 is 35 years old and Higuain 32.
    I think its a smart move. Buy now so when those guys retire/leave he is ready. Sorta like what we are doing with MDL/Romero/Demiral. We knew Bonucci, Chiellini & Barzagli won't be around forever so we are playing the long game there. No reason why we can't do that with this guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed

It's just an odd series of events that leads us to offload one young Raiola striker only to bring in another. At least Carlo will now make use of Kean at Everton.
    Kean could always come back, I doubt it after this disaster in EPL but who knows.

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    I think its a smart move. Buy now so when those guys retire/leave he is ready. Sorta like what we are doing with MDL/Romero/Demiral. We knew Bonucci, Chiellini & Barzagli won't be around forever so we are playing the long game there. No reason why we can't do that with this guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Kean could always come back, I doubt it after this disaster in EPL but who knows.
    It just doesn't make any sense to sell a young stunner like Kean in August and bring in another Raiola managed striker in January. I know Hål has outperformed Kean overall but Kean's star was rising the past two seasons in the senior squad.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
    It just doesn't make any sense to sell a young stunner like Kean in August and bring in another Raiola managed striker in January. I know Hål has outperformed Kean overall but Kean's star was rising the past two seasons in the senior squad.
    Keane isn't anything special although I think it was a bad time to sell as we need more options from the bench but our management probably surely it was the right time to cash in while his star was bright.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    Gotta keep the fat man entertained.

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    Keane isn't anything special although I think it was a bad time to sell as we need more options from the bench but our management probably surely it was the right time to cash in while his star was bright.
    Another indictment on Paratici and Nedved showing that they really don't seem to have a clue as to what is going on

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    I'm wondering if the club saw something in training that led to them believing maybe he isn't as professional or "serious" as we demand. I have no idea, that's me thinking off the cuff. Anyway, maybe they knew they wanted Haaland last summer so forced Kean to make room.

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    I'm wondering if the club saw something in training that led to them believing maybe he isn't as professional or "serious" as we demand. I have no idea, that's me thinking off the cuff. Anyway, maybe they knew they wanted Haaland last summer so forced Kean to make room.
    You can't believe that the club took a hard edge on a 19 yr old who barely cracks the line up on the senior squad only to bring in another 19 yr old prone to the same things. It doesn't matter I suppose. Juventus is the absolute worse at cultivating home grown talent so I suppose Paratici and Pavel both don't know what to do when they have said talent in their squad

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    You can't believe that the club took a hard edge on a 19 yr old who barely cracks the line up on the senior squad only to bring in another 19 yr old prone to the same things. It doesn't matter I suppose. Juventus is the absolute worse at cultivating home grown talent so I suppose Paratici and Pavel both don't know what to do when they have said talent in their squad
    Agree with the bolded.

I have no idea why they couldn't give Kean more PT but shelled out 80m on a kid as young and through him in the starting 11. It's odd to say the least. Personally I think they wanted a certain striker and Mario wasn't leaving so Kean had to make way.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)