EPL Poll: Who got the best buy? (1 Viewer)

Who got the best buy?

• Arsenal (Jose Reyes)

• Chelsea (Scott Parker)

• Man Utd (Louis Saha)

Results are only viewable after voting.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Arsenal: JOSE REYES

HE was the darling of Seville, loved by the fans. Tipped to be a world beater, he is a versatile striker who wears his heart on his sleeve.

And the Arsenal fans will adore him in equal measure provided he does the business following his £20million transfer.

The top judges across Europe insist the 20-year-old will take the Premiership by storm after shining in La Liga.

Reyes is the most capped of the trio signed by the big boys. But he still boasts just three international appearances for Spain.

------------

Man Utd: LOUIS SAHA

HE is not as emotional as Arsenal’s new youngster and coming from an unfashionable club, he is not used to being in the limelight.

It has taken him a while to make his mark in the big league and, of the three movers, he probably has the most question marks hanging over him after leaving Fulham for £12.8million.

Frenchman Saha, 25, was a big fish in a small pond. He has yet to be recognised as a senior international — unlike Jose Reyes and Scott Parker.

------------

Chelsea: SCOTT PARKER

IT will be some battle for the 23-year-old to force his way into the Chelsea line-up following his £10million switch from Charlton.

But the midfielder has a confident strut about him and believes in his own ability. He wants to play at Euro 2004 and reckons the Blues can realise his dream.

He has turned out once for England in the 3-2 friendly defeat by Denmark last November.

None of the three new-boys are certain to be on the teamsheet every week — but Parker faces the most competition for a starting berth.

Source: SunSport

Buy on AliExpress.com

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
Id say parker as a whole... great player for the right money

Reyes is great player (only seen about 9 or 10 full matches) but for me dial paid well over his current market value.... Still a great buy though

Saha im not a fan of and think manu will still be looking for a new frontman in the summer.... expensive stopgap imo

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
Saha im not a fan of and think manu will still be looking for a new frontman in the summer.... expensive stopgap imo
Way to be diplomatic in your formulation, Paul :)

Well I'm thinking Reyes, big talent and Arsenal are not known to splash out on players who will fail them (apart from goalkeepers).

Mac

Jul 11, 2002
Reyes just because he has the most talent. But that price is rediculous.

I think Saha will do very well with ManU, hes got an eye for the goal and with ManU he'll have plenty of chances. Maybe even Rudd can give him a few of his famous easy-goal-open-net-cant-miss-goals-that-count-up-and-make-him-seem-better-than-he-is.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
definetly Jose Reyes

oh ya i just read on eurosport news that Man city and Auxerre agreed a swap loan deal with Van buyten on loan to city while someil is loaned to auxerre.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by McFarlando ] ++
I think Saha will do very well with ManU, hes got an eye for the goal and with ManU he'll have plenty of chances. Maybe even Rudd can give him a few of his famous easy-goal-open-net-cant-miss-goals-that-count-up-and-make-him-seem-better-than-he-is.
Here we go again :rolleyes:

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
Louis Saha

Manchester needed a new striker badly and I'm sure Saha will make Manchester better.
Reyes is good, his goals against Chelsea proved that. He might even be better than Saha but the fact that he is spanish makes me doubtful.
I believe Saha will make a bigger difference for Manchesster than Reyes will do for Arsenal. Reyes might be a better long-term buy though.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Parker. Makelele hasn't been the player Chelsea hoped he would be, and the midfield of:
--------------Parker----------
A.N. Other---Lampard---Duff
will, in my mind, cement Chelsea in the top three for a long time to come. Man Utd proved for years that the key to the modern English game is to have a world class midfield, and with the addition of the right (;)) right winger will give Chelsea that, just as Man Utd's seems to be slowly falling apart.

Reyes looks like a fantastic signing, but he's very expensive for a club in a very tight financial situation, and he's unproven.

Saha is a fine signing for Man Utd, but he cost too much. Anyone who thinks that he's not good enough should think back to how good Andy Cole was when he was signed, and he wound up worth 20+ goals a season.

vedder

Jun 18, 2003
louis saha is a great signing by m.u.
a great player that´s scoring a lo of goals. since is arrival he scored more than RVN.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
He's made a great impact, but ultimately, he's a good striker, not a great one. And a £12.8m, you expec a little more. Of course, you always pay through the nose for panic buys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)