[ENG] Premiership 2012/2013 (167 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Rafa never really does that well when challenged, he's not very cool and gets flustered.

I agree with him points, although he can't really expect more from fans. They don't like him, and clearly a percentage have been wasting their time.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
This is just like Gio telling his boo-boys to fuck off.

Benitez is a boss for it, Gio is a coward for it.
Far from it, are you really daft enough to actually believe this? This is the manager of a team telling certain fans who have been picketing since day 1 to get over it. Giovinco shushed 40.000 people who were disgruntled with his particular performance - and rightfully so.

Goodfella

Nov 11, 2012
Far from it, are you really daft enough to actually believe this? This is the manager of a team telling certain fans who have been picketing since day 1 to get over it. Giovinco shushed 40.000 people who were disgruntled with his particular performance - and rightfully so.
Giovinco didn't shush 40.000 thousands people, it was directed towards a certain group of people.

And Benitez is not talking on the behalf of the players and the entire staff, he's standing up for himself and himself only.

26 year old dude lashing out vs a 52 year old lashing out. The latter seems less professional to me.

And rightfully so? Is it okay to boo a player? Well, then the Chelsea fans have the right to boo Benitez too.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
They were rightfully disgruntled with his performance i.e. he hasn't been performing for a long time. I didn't say it's ok to boo a player, but in the case of Giovinco it certainly seems more appropriate than Benitez who has been jeered from the first second of taking over at Chelsea.

Furthermore he is a manager, he should be the authority and command respect at the club. The fans have been actively working against him ever since he took over, completely different situation than Gio.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Other than with a section of the liverpool supporters, Rafa has a widespread reputation of 'arrogant, irritating, blind to his own failings idiot'. He won a champions league, rathere fortunately, failed consistently in the league, spent 230m on players, the majority if which must be considered failures.

he is an annoying egotist.

""Can anybody argue [against the fact] that the Liverpool fans love me? No," said Benítez. "If we agree with this, what do you want for somebody who you love? The best for him."

"Chelsea is a big club with fantastic players, every manager wants to coach a such a big team. But I would never take that job, in respect for my former team at Liverpool, no matter what. For me there is only one club in England, and that's Liverpool."

"To me, Arsenal played much better football two or three years ago. They won matches and were exciting to watch. Barcelona and Milan too. They create excitement so how can you say Chelsea are the best in the world?" (after Chelsea's first Premier League title win)

"If Chelsea are naive and pure then I'm Little Red Riding Hood."

"After the game, Sheila, who was sitting right in line in the main stand, said to me that the ball had crossed the line. She is a very honest person and that was good enough for me...it was a goal."
"No, I think it’s the money they were spending. If you analyse the transfer record and the history… Rooney, or Ferdinand, for example… £30 million for a young player or a centre back. Every year they are very well-off. It’s not just because of the interviews or the press conferences; it’s because they had money"
(Over the 6 years Rafa Benitez was in charge at Liverpool, he spent over £248 million on transfers, while bringing in only £150 million from the sale of players. Taking a quick glance at Manchester United’s spending, you will discover that over the same period Man U spent £184 million on purchasing players while making back £162 million in player sales. Now, I am no mathematical genius, but it looks to me like Rafa Benitez’s Liverpool spent £76 million MORE than Manchester United did in that time frame.

Seeing as how Liverpool spent that much more than Manchester United, you would think that they would have been the club that won the Prem 3 times, had 1 Champions League, 1 League Cup and 1 FIFA World Club Cup win, but they weren’t. That was Manchester United. Rafa’s Liverpool only won the Champions League, FA Cup, and European Super Cup one time each in that same time frame)

Even now, he is suggesting that the 'interim' part of his job title was likely a mistake born of Spanish<> English discussions...He is a prize prick, one of the least liked, pitiful goons in football, and as the quotes above clearly prove, he deserves everything the chelsea fans have thrown at him. The bottom line is that he isn't anywhere near as amazing as he thinks and says he is. he isnt anywhere near as well liked and respected as he thinks he should be. He did woefully in Italy, now awfully at Chelsea, and other than a very lucky champions league victory, spent hugely at Liverpool and made barely a dent in the title race.

he has zero humility, a lack of professionalism in dealing with players and especially the media, gets hot and bothered terribly easily and never comes across as a likable chap.

He has failed at Chelsea as he failed at Inter, as he failed in many ways at Liverpool. If Liverpool hadn;t been so starved of success they wouldn't feel so strongly about this wretched poltroon, who should be hung drawn and quartered...

Other managers have gone to clubs where they were not popular. The amount of abuse he has been given has not been extraordinary. If he was as great as he thinks he should have commanded the respect of the players, who also want to be in the champions league next season. They want their bonuses. they want to be playing amongst the elite.

Benitez blaming the fans...blaming the club...blaming everyone, but himself.

for fucks sake, when will someone do the decent thing and put this fuker out of his misery???

(the biggest fear I have ever had as Juve supporter is the fear felt when reading soul shattering rumours a year or three back that we may well be interested in Benitez. the man is a curse, a leech, a pimple grown so big and hard that it needs lancing...I was a happy man when he went to Inter.)

There is no manager who comes close to inspiring in the deepest depths of my heart and soul such seething contempt...as Rafa benitez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 167)