[ENG] Premiership 2012/2013 (144 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Um, why are they playing in the english premier league if they arent allowed to represents its FA?
Just part of the agreement back when they joined the league.

Could be that the English teams didn't want Welsh sides being able to take a European spot from them.

Could be that the Welsh FA thought it would undermine their autonomy in the eyes of UEFA/FIFA (same reason Scotland and Wales wanted nothing to do with the GB Olympic team).

Or it could be something in the UEFA rules that bars them.

Jul 10, 2006
"The boy put his whole body on to the ball and I was just trying to kick it. I apologise. The ballboy came in the changing room and we had a quick chat and I apologised and the boy apologised." -Eden Hazard

- - - Updated - - -

The kid tweeted this before the incident:

“The king of all ballboys is back making his final appearance #needed #for #timewasting.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...during-cup-semi-final-match-with-Swansea.html

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
The Boy is almost 18 anyway so not Exactly a "kid", he's also the son of Swansea's owner. His looks are a bit weird In the retarded way. Can see the headlines already "hazard goes on special kid mass murder spree"

Personally I would have kicked him in the face.

Surely Nick was joking when he said it's worse than Cantona's? The guy just went straight and kung fu kicked a fan aiming for the head, with spikes as well. Ffs.

Also, anyone remembers the Cabaye ball boy incident from last season? Thought so.

Jul 10, 2006
The Boy is almost 18 anyway so not Exactly a "kid", he's also the son of Swansea's owner. His looks are a bit weird In the retarded way. Can see the headlines already "hazard goes on special kid mass murder spree"

Personally I would have kicked him in the face.

Surely Nick was joking when he said it's worse than Cantona's? The guy just went straight and kung fu kicked a fan aiming for the head, with spikes as well. Ffs.

Also, anyone remembers the Cabaye ball boy incident from last season? Thought so.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
It's what ball boys do. I guess none of you have ever played the game. You yell at them until the give you ball (if it's your ball). If not they do their thing and the ref adds the time on.

Plus it isn't exactly like the ball boy wasted a huge amount of time. He spent about 2 seconds moving to the ball before Hazard pushed him over.

The ball boy's age has nothing to do with it. That he made a time wasting joke on twitter before the match has nothing to do with it.

If a fan grabbed the ball from the stands Hazard still has no business intervening.

The only one to blame is Hazard. If he had made a good decision we'd only be talking about the match, but he didn't.

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
It's what ball boys do. I guess none of you have ever played the game. You yell at them until the give you ball (if it's your ball). If not they do their thing and the ref adds the time on.

Plus it isn't exactly like the ball boy wasted a huge amount of time. He spent about 2 seconds moving to the ball before Hazard pushed him over.

The ball boy's age has nothing to do with it. That he made a time wasting joke on twitter before the match has nothing to do with it.

If a fan grabbed the ball from the stands Hazard still has no business intervening.

The only one to blame is Hazard. If he had made a good decision we'd only be talking about the match, but he didn't.
I have.

I'm not condoning what hazard did, of course he made a bad decision I think that's clear and out of discussion, I'm mostly reacting to the outrage by the media and some people (ie the cantona comparison, really?)

The ball boy is a douche tho, he reminded me of Rivaldo in WC 2002, the guy even looked like crying. That's some serious Busquets esque sequence right there :D

According to Eurosport, Swansea has already said that neither them nor the boy's father will be pursuing legal action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 144)