[ENG] Premiership 2012/2013 (30 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Do you think that defences in Spain are better and more organised than those in the EPL?

At this point I'd definitely say yes.
Hard for me to say, given how little La Liga I watch.

Just occurred to me earlier, when contemplating the number of goals being scored in the EPL and and the standard of the defending, that goalscoring there may have to be viewed in a different light compared to what they were in the past.

I reckon Serie A teams defend much better, even the shite like Siena, Chievo, Bologna etc.
No doubt.

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
Can't take the commentators on premier league matches seriously.. The wankers commented on some invisible great skill that was required after 4 defenders failed to stop 1 attacker...

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Defending in the EPL has been on a downward slope for the past few years to be honest. Gone are the days when the Everton's, Newcastle's and Aston Villa's would hold star studded United and Chelsea sides to a tough 1-0 win. Whats even more apparent is the drop in the quality of the top teams defending. 3-4 years ago the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea and United's defenses were one of the best in Europe, right now, they're a complete joke.

That being said, i still think the level of defending is not as bad as the Liga. However as a league the Liga is now miles ahead of the EPL, been saying that since last year to be honest. Teams like Chelsea and Arsenal are a joke nowadays, i'd say the likes of Malaga and Atletico are better teams to be honest.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Ya, I like Everton this season. Would love to take Fellaini and Baines off their hands :lick:

Moyes is a really admirable manager, the team he's built at Everton and the consistency he's had over the past few years is nothing short of incredible. I'm happy the Spuds took AVB instead of giving Moyes a chance.

May 22, 2007
Looked like Kompany got very lucky in the Man City game yesterday? Raised himself off the ground and dived in with studs showing, certainly looked quite bad, while Bassong got a yellow for something that looked less cynical.

This is funny.

Jul 10, 2006
Ya, I like Everton this season. Would love to take Fellaini and Baines off their hands :lick:

Moyes is a really admirable manager, the team he's built at Everton and the consistency he's had over the past few years is nothing short of incredible. I'm happy the Spuds took AVB instead of giving Moyes a chance.
I like Moyes a lot. He's a good manager. I'd like to see them qualify for the CL, but it's going to be tough for them.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

Sir Alex's long term replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)