[ENG] Premiership 2012/2013 (171 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Where do you guys think Liverpool went wrong?
:boh:

Don't know what like the ownership was in the early 90s.

They were already shite by the time I was really aware of what was going on.

Not sure there is much more to it than appointing some bad managers and not making many good signings.

Not aware of them being short of cash, so was just a case of them not properly replacing good players when they left/retired.

They were on the verge of getting back to having a genuinely good team under Benitez - one that they could have build on and established as a top side with a good signing per year - but they fucked that up by selling Xabi Alonso.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
MU's winning mentality is amazing. Still wondering if it's become part of club DNA like Juve, Real and Bayern, or will it vanish once SAF is finally gone. Just like Inter's "winning mentality" disappeared once Mourinho left, and Milan's once Berlu stopped giving a fuck.
I reckon it will stay around, even if Ferguson leaves. They've been used to winning trophies now for the past 20 years, it's part of the ethos of the club now. They are like us, Real, Bayern etc. Elite club...as much as I fucking hate them.

- - - Updated - - -

MU's winning mentality is amazing. Still wondering if it's become part of club DNA like Juve, Real and Bayern, or will it vanish once SAF is finally gone. Just like Inter's "winning mentality" disappeared once Mourinho left, and Milan's once Berlu stopped giving a fuck.
I reckon it will stay around, even if Ferguson leaves. They've been used to winning trophies now for the past 20 years, it's part of the ethos of the club now. They are like us, Real, Bayern etc. Elite club...as much as I fucking hate them.

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
No. The English Manual to Defending in the Premiership is still being unsuccessfully searched for in the wreckage of the Titanic.
You took the words right out of my mouth. Words cannot begin to describe the pathetic defending I've just witnessed on Match of the day on the BBC..

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
You took the words right out of my mouth. Words cannot begin to describe the pathetic defending I've just witnessed on Match of the day on the BBC..
I kind of find it hard to revel in Manchowder's 4-3 win over Newcastle as one of the "Premiership's great matches" when Hitler could have parked the Bismark in front of the opponents goal at times and the defenders would have never found it.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
At what point will people round here become dismissive of someone like Van Persie scoring lots of goals in England in the way they would be if he was doing the same thing in Spain?

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
At what point will people round here become dismissive of someone like Van Persie scoring lots of goals in England in the way they would be if he was doing the same thing in Spain?
Do you think that defences in Spain are better and more organised than those in the EPL?

At this point I'd definitely say yes. I reckon Serie A teams defend much better, even the shite like Siena, Chievo, Bologna etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 171)