[ENG] Premiership 2012/2013 (140 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Didn't he score something like 20 goals in one season? Just checked it was actually 22 in 36 games from midfield :D

He is still getting double figures each year in the PL, has 2 in 2 this season as well. Does pretty well for a fat lad.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Didn't he score something like 20 goals in one season? Just checked it was actually 22 in 36 games from midfield :D

He is still getting double figures each year in the PL, has 2 in 2 this season as well. Does pretty well for a fat lad.
Yeah the tubby fucker puts a few away every season. He is their regular penalty taker as well though. Always liked Lampard, one of my favourite English players.

I loved when he called in on that radio station and tore that presenter a new one :D Quality

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
Foreigners were always there. But in 90's those were terrible too. I remember Shaka Hislop and Okocha being stars of Premier League.
I loved Okocha too, one of my all time favorites :D
He was ok but when he is labelled as most technical player in a league, you would think that league suck.
Your kidding right? guy was a genious , comparable to the likes of ronaldinho

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
You know i completely agree with your post, there is no denying that one of the reasons English teams started doing well in Europe in the last decade as opposed to the 90's is the huge influx of foreigners. So like i said i completely agree with your post. The only thing is, you picked a wrong example, i don't know if you're mixing up Baines with someone else, but Baines is one of the few English fullbacks that are technically proficient. He's good enough technically for a fullback, he's an amazing crosser of the ball, and he's great at set pieces.

That being said, you then look at other English fullbacks, Walker, Micah Richards, Onuha, and they are the biggest talentless hacks ever, even though some of them could be effective, as they're all pretty fast and strong, but technically they're just.... :D
You're wrong. Baines sucks and he's one of the worst players in the game right now. Incredibly overrated and talentless English footballer.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Talking to italians about english football is like talking to englishmen about italian football.
That is true, actually.

Your kidding right? guy was a genious , comparable to the likes of ronaldinho
He's not that good mate. Maybe he's comparable to the likes of Ronaldinho in terms of entertainment, but not more than that :p

You're wrong. Baines sucks and he's one of the worst players in the game right now. Incredibly overrated and talentless English footballer.
If your trolling, then it probably won't work. Its not like i like the player or anything, he's going to end up playing for United eventually so i'm readying myself to hate him any day now.

That being said, i think its quite obvious to most who watch the EPL, that you have no idea what your talking about now :p

I'm not saying he's an amazing fullback, because frankly he isn't much of a defender, i'm just saying he's a bad example to use when you want to illustrate how talentless English players are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 140)