[ENG] Premiership 2011/2012 (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Suarez is really good, the way he wriggles away from defenders with such ease. That goal was all Suarez, but Gerrard has a knack of getting in the right positions.

---------- Post added 14.03.2012 at 01:11 ----------

Edit: Suarez does it again, and to Distin again, this time he gives it to Carrol, who clumsily shoots it wide :howler:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Liverpool did well but putting it into context, I thought it was shocking how Everton rested key players for a league derby! They had the chance to go above them if they'd won. Incredible. I'm surprised Moyes thinks an FA Cup QF is that important, but I suppose he doesn't have lots of chances to win trophies there.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Liverpool did well but putting it into context, I thought it was shocking how Everton rested key players for a league derby! They had the chance to go above them if they'd won. Incredible. I'm surprised Moyes thinks an FA Cup QF is that important, but I suppose he doesn't have lots of chances to win trophies there.
Yeah, the selection was very surprising.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Good decision from Moyes.

Winning something should take priority over pretty much everything else.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Certainly over EL.

I'd take the trophy over a spot in a CL qualifier.

Getting straight into the group would make it a tough call.

May 22, 2007
I found this article quite funny: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17374070

Picked out my favourite pieces.
Dave Richards sorry for comments about Fifa and Uefa
Premier League chairman Sir Dave Richards has apologised for his comments about Fifa and Uefa.

Speaking at a conference in Qatar he said: "England gave the world football. Then, 50 years later, some guy came along and said, you're liars, and they actually stole it. It was called Fifa."

At the conference on Wednesday, Richards suggested that the world had England to thank for football.

"England gave the best legacy anyone could give. We gave them the game," he added.

Richards, who is also a Football Association board member, was speaking in front of Fifa vice-president Prince Ali Bin Hussein of Jordan and International Cricket Council chief executive Haroon Lorgat.

He added: "Fifty years later, another gang came along called Uefa and stole a bit more."

When suggestions were made that the game could have originated in China, Richards replied in a raised voice: "It started in Sheffield 150 years ago. We started the game and wrote the rules and took it to the world. The Chinese may say they own it but the British own it and we gave it to the rest of the world."

"In our country and in Germany, we have a culture," added Richards. "We call it, 'We would like to go for a pint', and that pint is a pint of beer.

"It is our culture as much as your culture [in Qatar] is not drinking. There has to be a happy medium.

"If you don't do something about it, you are starting to bury your head in the sand a little bit because it needs addressing.

"You might be better off saying don't come. But a World Cup without England, Germany, the Dutch, Danes and Scandinavians. It's unthinkable."

Richards later hurt his leg when he fell into a water feature.

Bolton chairman Phil Gartside was with him at the time and was keen to clarify that he did not fall into a pool, as had been reported, and that Richards had not consumed any alcohol.

"I was on the way to dinner with Sir Dave at the Museum of Islamic Art in Doha," Gartside told BBC Sport.

"We were walking across to our table in a dark courtyard area. There were three fountain areas nearby, no pool.

"They had switched off the lights. He thought he was stepping on to flat marble, but his foot went down into the water, he fell over and hurt his leg quite badly. Any suggestions he had a drink is nonsense. It's a dry place."

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I bet he had a good laugh to himself about it. Most of these fatcats are poisonous themselves, antiques who shouldn't be involved in deciding modern football matters. It seems that most at the top of the world game fit this description.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)