[ENG] Premiership 2010/2011 (5 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
32 years in jail for Burnley FC 'Suicide Squad’ mob

BURNLEY “Suicide Squad” hooligans have been jailed for a total of 32 years for their part in violence which erupted after the Clarets’ first ever Premier League clash with rivals Blackburn Rovers.

The 12 men were convicted of - or pleaded guilty to - conspiracy to cause violent disorder at Preston Crown Court after attempting to attack the Station Pub, in Cherry Tree, Blackburn, following Burnley FC’s 3-2 defeat at the hands of Rovers.
http://www.burnleyexpress.net/news/..._mob_1_2940442?commentspage=2#commentsSection

---------------------------

Looking at the punishments here, this is why English football has had a largely improved violence record. Not because there aren't still people out there dying for a fight - you only have to go out at a weekend to see the binge drinking and thug culture that exists here - it's that these guys are often shit scared to face what are now inevitable prison sentences.

It's not as if violence doesn't exist though, in fact it seems to be creeping back now through the current generation.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
so i read that lukaku signed a pre contract with city...20mils (euro)
Apparently, media rubbish. Anderlecht are trying to start a bidding war.

doesnt he suck?
He's not bad. He's really fast and really strong. I can't really judge him on 5 performances, after all he was good in the World Cup.

I don't know if it's the system, he said recently he prefers Kenny's style over Roy's so we'll see.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Did he mean Krasic?

We were talking about Pool, and if Pienaar would make Pool's starting lineup, Aaron said he would start on the left, Nick replied by saying that he prefers the crazy Serb. I assume he means Jovanovic, because Jovanovic is a Serb, he plays on the left and most importantly he's a Liverpool player. ya3ny sho da5al Krasic belmawthoo3? :D

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Aston Villa goalkeeper Brad Friedel has been declared bankrupt despite being paid over £40,000-a-week – according to a report in the Daily Mirror.

The ruling was made at Macclesfield county court after Friedel's US football academy ran up debts of close to £5 million.
Friedel set up the 28-acre not-for-profit 'Premier Soccer Academy' in his native Ohio back in 2007.

However, sponsors have since dropped out of the project and trainees have baulked at the £20,000-a-year fee for the Academy that aims to train players for European football.
Lender RBS Citizens then took action in the US and court documents showed that last August Friedel and his company owed nearly £5m.

The academy is in Lorain County, and their website lists more than £250,000 in unpaid property taxes relating to the academy.

Last month, repossession proceedings also began on a £260,000 house owned by the former American international in Ohio.

A spokesperson for the former is Friedel quoted in the Mirror as saying: "This is a technical bankruptcy and it is not anticipated that it will be in place for long as an application for an annulment will be submitted in the next few days.

"Arrangements are in place to deal with the issues which gave rise to the bankruptcy."

Friedel has been an ever present in the Villa team this season, but the 39-year-old is out of contract in the summer.

He signed for Liverpool in 1997 and was at Anfield for three seasons. He then enjoyed eight years at Blackburn before moving on to Villa in 2008.

Daily Mirror
Christ. Anyone know any more about this?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
First I've heard of. Brad's a great guy and I guess this investment got away from him. Could happen to anyone. Probably shows why he hasn't retired.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Why?

Jovanovic is a better player than Pienaar.

No way man, the difference is huge between the two. Jovanovic is a really limited player, and doesn't really deserve to play for a team like Pool. It's no wonder he isn't getting a lot of minutes. Limited player from what i've seen of him.

Pienaar on the other hand has been brilliant for Everton in the past couple of years. He's always been a handful for some of the top fullbacks in the EPL. Fast and creative player, he's a good dribbler and he's got an eye for the killer pass. I don't know how he'd do in Tottenham to be honest, as he's going to be competing with Bale and VDV for a spot in the first team, but he would start for most EPL teams imo.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Wasn't he (Pienaar) on loan from Dortmund few years ago, I thought he wasn't that good, but I was pretty impressed whenever I saw him, and couldn't understand why Dortmund let him.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Ya he was on loan at Everton, he impressed during his loan spell so they bought him from Dortmund for a small sum. Ever since he has been one of Everton's best players.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Suarez going to Liverpool probably. 22 million is offered, Ajax wants slightly more but I think thats not going to be a problem. Transfer being official announced in 48 hours or not going at all. Coach said that more or less today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)