[ENG] Premiership 2010/2011 (11 Viewers)

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Nani is inconsistent even though he can be devastating when at his best. Carrick was terrible last season, he's rather lethargic too. I'm not sure about Fletcher he seems to have developed into quite a good player. I'm not sure if Rio is still up for it.

I do rate Valencia highly though. Vidic is obviously a great defender, Rooney and Evra are great players for their position too.

I'd say United's squad is less than Inter Milan, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Chelsea though.
Nani was inconsistent last year indeed, but far better than in previous years, Fergie said he needed longer to 'bed in' at United because he's a shy little gimp. I fully expect him to be among the best wingers/AMs in the EPL this year.

Chelsea's squad is only slighty stronger, mayb Rim-eres will help that but with Giggs and Scholes Utd have two players that at any time against any team can put the game to bed. Chelsea haven't as much depth in big game players.

I think Carrick is beyond poo.

Paul Schole's passing today was >Xavi btw.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
If Rooney has a solid season (~20 goals), Man Utd can still do well.

However, they do need other players (Berbatov and Owen) to contribute more.

Like I say, though, I see the Mexican doing well and chipping in with quite a few goals.

They need Rooney to score a lot of goals. Usually he isn't much of a goalscorer, last season was kind of an exception. I'm not sure if he could repeat his goalscoring feat again.

They definitely need Berbatov to step up, and they need Nani to be a little more consistent. If things go right for them, they might win the league, i definitely wouldn't put my money on it though.

As for Hernandez, he impressed me in the WC, and he played well when put on today. I agree, he could potentially be a useful player for them this season.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Why would they be without Carvalho? I agree with your point about Terry needing Carvalho beside him though.
Because he is injured heaps. He's also not as quick as he was, so won't be able to cover as well.

I would say the same thing about Man Utd missing Ferdinand, unless his injuries clear up.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
They need Rooney to score a lot of goals. Usually he isn't much of a goalscorer, last season was kind of an exception. I'm not sure if he could repeat his goalscoring feat again.
I think he is very much a goal scorer now.

With Ronaldo leaving, the team is now based around Rooney. This allows him to stay nearer the goal, rather than chasing around the pitch like he used to.

If Fergie uses Rooney in the same way, he'll keep scoring. Perhaps not as much as last season, but still plenty.

They definitely need Berbatov to step up, and they need Nani to be a little more consistent. If things go right for them, they might win the league, i definitely wouldn't put my money on it though.
Nani was very good last season, as I recall.

I would still consider Chelsea to be favourites for the league, but it should be close.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Nani was inconsistent last year indeed, but far better than in previous years, Fergie said he needed longer to 'bed in' at United because he's a shy little gimp. I fully expect him to be among the best wingers/AMs in the EPL this year.

Chelsea's squad is only slighty stronger, mayb Rim-eres will help that but with Giggs and Scholes Utd have two players that at any time against any team can put the game to bed. Chelsea haven't as much depth in big game players.

I think Carrick is beyond poo.

Paul Schole's passing today was >Xavi btw.

Nani definitely has the ability to be one of the best wingers around. He showed that ability in the last few months of last season, if he could keep that up and be more consistent he could be a key player for United.

Giggs and Scholes aren't able to play week in week out with the same consistency anymore. Last season both players had several poor and average games, i don't think United can rely on them anymore. For me, that is one of the biggest reasons why i don't rate United's squad as highly as before.

Chelsea's squad is a lot better than United's if you ask me:

Essien, Lampard and Ramires are a lot better than Fletcher, Scholes and Carrick.

Cole and Evra are on the same level, but Bosingwa/Ivanovic is much better than G.Neville/Rafael.

Rio and Vidic are on par with Terry and Carvalho, but Chelsea have better depth in Alex >> Evans

Valencia, Nani, Giggs and Park are on par with Malouda, Zhirkov, Kalou and Benayoun.

Drogba, Anelka, Sturridge are on a similar level to Rooney, Berbatov and Hernandez.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
He's world class no doubt. I think he will need more time to win the CL though. If Real are smart enough to keep him for more than one year, he could make them a superpower.

I think he is very much a goal scorer now.

With Ronaldo leaving, the team is now based around Rooney. This allows him to stay nearer the goal, rather than chasing around the pitch like he used to.

If Fergie uses Rooney in the same way, he'll keep scoring. Perhaps not as much as last season, but still plenty.

Nani was very good last season, as I recall.

I would still consider Chelsea to be favourites for the league, but it should be close.
Only towards the end of the season.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Nani definitely has the ability to be one of the best wingers around. He showed that ability in the last few months of last season, if he could keep that up and be more consistent he could be a key player for United.

Giggs and Scholes aren't able to play week in week out with the same consistency anymore. Last season both players had several poor and average games, i don't think United can rely on them anymore. For me, that is one of the biggest reasons why i don't rate United's squad as highly as before.

Chelsea's squad is a lot better than United's if you ask me:

Essien, Lampard and Ramires are a lot better than Fletcher, Scholes and Carrick.

Cole and Evra are on the same level, but Bosingwa/Ivanovic is much better than G.Neville/Rafael.

Rio and Vidic are on par with Terry and Carvalho, but Chelsea have better depth in Alex >> Evans

Valencia, Nani, Giggs and Park are on par with Malouda, Zhirkov, Kalou and Benayoun.

Drogba, Anelka, Sturridge are on a similar level to Rooney, Berbatov and Hernandez.
I'd agree with all on that except perhaps it'll be Alex>Smalling pretty soon. On Giggs and Scholes, of course you can't rely on them for 40+ games a season but if Chelsea have their best XI out in those few games where nothing goes right, they have nobody really on the bench that can do what the Welsh and Ginge can. That's worth at least 10-12points a season.

I think Dorgba=Rooney, Anelka >Berba and Chickpea>Sturridge (btw it's pronounced Caicedo ;) ).

Malouda was excellent last season and without Essien chelsea player surprisingly well, he may alter the system a bit when Rim-eres comes into the team.

Long story short, United to clinch it by 3 or 4 points.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I'd agree with all on that except perhaps it'll be Alex>Smalling pretty soon. On Giggs and Scholes, of course you can't rely on them for 40+ games a season but if Chelsea have their best XI out in those few games where nothing goes right, they have nobody really on the bench that can do what the Welsh and Ginge can. That's worth at least 10-12points a season.

I think Dorgba=Rooney, Anelka >Berba and Chickpea>Sturridge (btw it's pronounced Caicedo ;) ).

Malouda was excellent last season and without Essien chelsea player surprisingly well, he may alter the system a bit when Rim-eres comes into the team.

Wanna bet on it?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
2nd: chelsea?
3rd: liverpool?
4th: aston villa?

:D
Chelsea has become on par with United for me recently. I don't hate Liverpool, for some reason, i've never had much of a problem with them. Neither have i ever felt much animosity for Tottenham(probably because i'm not from London) despite them being our cross city rivals.

I don't like Real Madrid(more now that they have both Mourinho and C.Ronaldo).

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010

What's pronounced like that?

There is no team i hate more than United.
:heart:

Real Madrid comes close though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)