[ENG] Premiership 2010/2011 (7 Viewers)

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #1,706
    Well there are City and United in the EPL.

I don't care if there are 30 other Manchesters out there.

[/B]

Old level.......the one which you mean when they used to actually win silverware? that old level.:agree:
    They used to be a lot better, even if they didn't win much.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    The ironic thing is if he knew the geographic locations City are the only team in Manchester.
    :blah:

But some say they can't fight and they are weaker...maybe, I just don't see it that way.
    What's the thinking behind them being weaker?

They haven't lost any good players (though Giggs and Scholes are a year older).

They've had a year to get used to not having Ronaldo.

And they've signed the Mexican guy, who looks like he could become one Hell of a goal scorer, with the right guidance (which he should get from Fergie and by training with Owen).

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    I don't see why Chelsea can't win it.
    I think Chelsea may be a bit iffy in central defence without Carvalho.

Terry is inconsistent and needs a mobile partner to cover for him.

Without Carvalho, they don't have a player to do that, unless Ivanovic moves to CB permanently, though they would then miss him at right back.

They may well still win the league, but I wouldn't really fancy them to win the CL.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    It is and it isn't.

Certainly their best XI is a challenger team

Van Der Faggot
    O'Shea :p-Vidic-Ferdinand-Evra
    Valencia-Fletcher-Carrick-Nani
    Ugly-Chickpenis​

Nani is inconsistent even though he can be devastating when at his best. Carrick was terrible last season, he's rather lethargic too. I'm not sure about Fletcher he seems to have developed into quite a good player. I'm not sure if Rio is still up for it.

I do rate Valencia highly though. Vidic is obviously a great defender, Rooney and Evra are great players for their position too.

I'd say United's squad is less than Inter Milan, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Chelsea though.

:blah:

What's the thinking behind them being weaker?

They haven't lost any good players (though Giggs and Scholes are a year older).

They've had a year to get used to not having Ronaldo.

And they've signed the Mexican guy, who looks like he could become one Hell of a goal scorer, with the right guidance (which he should get from Fergie and by training with Owen).
    Rooney almost singlehandedly kept United in the title race last season, he was playing above his ability, i don't think he can emulate neither his form nor his goalscoring exploits this season.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Rooney almost singlehandedly kept United in the title race last season, he was playing above his ability, i don't think he can emulate neither his form nor his goalscoring exploits this season.
    If Rooney has a solid season (~20 goals), Man Utd can still do well.

However, they do need other players (Berbatov and Owen) to contribute more.

Like I say, though, I see the Mexican doing well and chipping in with quite a few goals.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    They wont.

Barca/Madrid will win it.
    I don't see why Real are considered bigger favorites than Chelsea.

I think Chelsea may be a bit iffy in central defence without Carvalho.

Terry is inconsistent and needs a mobile partner to cover for him.

Without Carvalho, they don't have a player to do that, unless Ivanovic moves to CB permanently, though they would then miss him at right back.

They may well still win the league, but I wouldn't really fancy them to win the CL.

Why would they be without Carvalho? I agree with your point about Terry needing Carvalho beside him though.

As for the CL, I don't usually like to predict who will win the CL, normally i just think of 2-3 teams that are most likely to win it. For me Chelsea is one of those teams. They have a strong squad, and Ancelotti has a proven track record in the CL, if he gets his tactics right, he may surprise a few people and win the competition. I fully expect them to make it to the latter stages this season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)