[ENG] Premiership 2009/2010 (13 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
First of it's 1.5 years at Tottenham. :p

And yes, it's not the same but a good volley is a good volley in any leauge. Some of those goals are top notch strikes and would land in the net with much more competent keepers. He's had fantastic goals for the NT as well.

I can understand that is your opinion because in Tottenham he has not scored much or shot that well. But it's not because he can't shoot, he had different instructions on the pitch and he hasn't developed shooting continuity. Even Slaven Bilic has commented on that and said few months ago he needs to shoot more in Tottenham, which was basically a tip for Redknapp.

Let me put it this way, he's not a goalscoring midfielder, he's a playmaker and always looks for a pass before a shot. But to say he can't shoot is just plain wrong.
That could be it. But then you have players like Kranjcar, even though he hasn't been at Tottenham for long, you see that he has the ability to shoot from outside the box. I'm not sure if he's scored any long range goals for Tottenham, but he has demonstrated the ability.

Oh and how has it been 1.5 years? Didn't they buy him the summer before last? :confused:

Buy on AliExpress.com

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

That could be it. But then you have players like Kranjcar, even though he hasn't been at Tottenham for long, you see that he has the ability to shoot from outside the box. I'm not sure if he's scored any long range goals for Tottenham, but he has demonstrated the ability.

Oh and how has it been 1.5 years? Didn't they buy him the summer before last? :confused:
Kranjcar is much different player and has better long range shooting, both from play and free kicks. He's also been in the EPL for a while and also worked with Redknapp for a long time. But trust me, next year, you'll see a even better Modric and you'll change your mind about his shooting.

Yes, you're right, nevermind, I mixed something. Didn't drink me coffee this morning.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Kranjcar is much different player and has better long range shooting, both from play and free kicks. He's also been in the EPL for a while and also worked with Redknapp for a long time. But trust me, next year, you'll see a even better Modric and you'll change your mind about his shooting.

Yes, you're right, nevermind, I mixed something. Didn't drink me coffee this morning.
Naturally :p

Not looking forward to this better Modric you're talking about btw, he's already really good as he is. :disagree:

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Naturally :p

Not looking forward to this better Modric you're talking about btw, he's already really good as he is. :disagree:
I'm looking forward to seeing him in Man Utd hopefully. ;)

But I heard Tottenham extended his contract to 2015 so I doubt he'll be going this season. Still curious to see how they'll hold up next year and will they manage CL.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I'm looking forward to seeing him in Man Utd hopefully. ;)

But I heard Tottenham extended his contract to 2015 so I doubt he'll be going this season. Still curious to see how they'll hold up next year and will they manage CL.
With Tottenham in the CL i doubt they'd let him go to United or let him go anywhere for that matter. I guess better at the Spuds than at United.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

With Tottenham in the CL i doubt they'd let him go to United or let him go anywhere for that matter. I guess better at the Spuds than at United.
Though to be honest, I have this gut feeling Spurs will crash out in CL qualifiers. Pressure will get to them. I hope I'm wrong and Harry prepares them properly.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Very possible, ala Everton in 2005
Yeah but this Tottenham team is much more stronger and competent. However, they have a much tougher draw than Everton back then, as the new CL qualifications are much tougher for the 4th placed teams now. (which I think is a good thing, but not in this case :p )

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Stick me on your ignore list, if you find my posts so repetitive.
Never found the point of that function. And you're not worth it :p

In other news:

FOOTIE fan Kirk Bradley was red-faced yesterday after his Man City "champions" tattoo backfired.

Kirk, 26, was confident his team would be crowned kings of Europe next year.

So last summer he had the tattoo "Manchester City 2011 Champions League Winners" put on his arm.

But on Wednesday his heroes lost 1-0 to Tottenham and missed out on fourth place in the Premier League which means they won't even be in the Champions League.

Kirk isn't giving up though - and may have the tattoo date altered to 2017.

The record shop worker, of Great Barr, Birmingham, said: "I've had a fair bit of stick for it already.

"I don't regret it and can see the funny side. I'm getting stick from United fans."

Kirk was cajoled into having the tattoo as he and pals discussed their teams' prospects.

Tattooist John Logan said: "Kirk has got to be one of the most optimistic fans going."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)