[ENG] Premiership 2009/2010 (6 Viewers)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

What do you expect... it is Modrić afterall. ;)
He didn't score much goals this season but he's been pulling all the strings in that team. Most of the goals he scored were very good though, especially that one where he combined with Charlie and Crunchy. But this was really icing on the cake. All in all a fantastic season, even with over 2 months on the sidelines at the start of season.

Jul 15, 2006
He's shit at shooting in general, the amount of times he baloons the ball to nowhere is just...
Whatever you say Weasley, but the player is still greatness. (I know it's hard for you considering he's a Spud and all) ;)

He didn't score much goals this season but he's been pulling all the strings in that team. Most of the goals he scored were very good though, especially that one where he combined with Charlie and Crunchy. But this was really icing on the cake. All in all a fantastic season, even with over 2 months on the sidelines at the start of season.
Absolutely. One of the things I'm looking forward to next season's Champions League is how Modrić does. It's about time he's made the jump to that level and it'll be nice to see him gaining some more recognition. :tup:

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

He's shit at shooting in general, the amount of times he baloons the ball to nowhere is just...
He's not shit, he's no Lampard but not shit. I know it from his earlier days. But in Tottenham, he was first played too deep, then on the wing and now finally he's in his right position where he is most comfortable. Next year if he continues to play in the same position and injuries spare him, you can expect much more goals from him. You can put money on that.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
He's not shit, he's no Lampard but not shit. I know it from his earlier days. But in Tottenham, he was first played too deep, then on the wing and now finally he's in his right position where he is most comfortable. Next year if he continues to play in the same position and injuries spare him, you can expect much more goals from him. You can put money on that.

Tap ins perhaps or the like. In any case i wasn't commenting on his scoring ability i was commenting on his shooting, especially from outside the box. I rarely see him having a decent go on goal, most of the time he just balloons it.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Tap ins perhaps or the like. In any case i wasn't commenting on his scoring ability i was commenting on his shooting, especially from outside the box. I rarely see him having a decent go on goal, most of the time he just balloons it.

Educate yourself because your verdict is not fair if it's based just on Tottenham performances. He was thrown all around the pitch and it was hard to find continuity in anything, including shooting. The clip is 10 minutes long but the first 5 will be enough, quite a few wonderful strikes from all over the pitch, and not many tap ins. Please watch it.

I'm quite surprised this is coming from you, because even he did score few goals this season he has a very good shot and shoots with both feet.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpTmCahG0ak

Educate yourself because your verdict is not fair if it's based just on Tottenham performances. He was thrown all around the pitch and it was hard to find continuity in anything, including shooting. The clip is 10 minutes long but the first 5 will be enough, quite a few wonderful strikes from all over the pitch, and not many tap ins. Please watch it.

I'm quite surprised this is coming from you, because even he did score few goals this season he has a very good shot and shoots with both feet.
Scoring long range goals in a (no offense) inferior league is not like scoring goals in a league where you have much less time and space to shoot. I could bring you a player that always scores long range shots in the Saudi league, does that mean he'd do the same in a league like the EPL? Of course not.

Naturally i'm basing my opinion on him on his performances at Tottenham, i don't think thats unfair at all, he's been at Tottenham for two years, and from what i've observed, he doesn't have a good long range shot at all. Now i can't prove this or bring videos to support my claim, its just an observation i've made from two years of watching him for Tottenham.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Scoring long range goals in a (no offense) inferior league is not like scoring goals in a league where you have much less time and space to shoot. I could bring you a player that always scores long range shots in the Saudi league, does that mean he'd do the same in a league like the EPL? Of course not.

Naturally i'm basing my opinion on him on his performances at Tottenham, i don't think thats unfair at all, he's been at Tottenham for two years, and from what i've observed, he doesn't have a good long range shot at all. Now i can't prove this or bring videos to support my claim, its just an observation i've made from two years of watching him for Tottenham.
First of it's 1.5 years at Tottenham. :p

And yes, it's not the same but a good volley is a good volley in any leauge. Some of those goals are top notch strikes and would land in the net with much more competent keepers. He's had fantastic goals for the NT as well.

I can understand that is your opinion because in Tottenham he has not scored much or shot that well. But it's not because he can't shoot, he had different instructions on the pitch and he hasn't developed shooting continuity. Even Slaven Bilic has commented on that and said few months ago he needs to shoot more in Tottenham, which was basically a tip for Redknapp.

Let me put it this way, he's not a goalscoring midfielder, he's a playmaker and always looks for a pass before a shot. But to say he can't shoot is just plain wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)