[ENG] Premiership 2008/2009 (146 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Fuck, even fucking Bolton has that kind of cash..
And my team sit on their hands. This is the summer "where we make even" with the rest of the top four. :melayyanandmessi:

If I here one more rumor about us trading away our best young players for the like of Stewart "I can't run" Downing or James "Overrated" Milner I'm seriously going to go crazy. If we insist on buying English, we need to get Bentley or Barry and fire Rick "The Idiot" Parry yesterday.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I still just don't understand what's going on here with Pool. They're trading away Xabi and then bringing in Barry? Are these rumors about Downing and Milner true? Those players are not going to add anything. You keep looking at those players and you're not addressing the left-back issue and perhaps just a left-winger if Benitez can get "Dick Cup" to play right wing like he did for Holland recently.

If it was me, and we were strapped for cash, I guess the only thing one could do is set a record fee for Gerrard. 35 million Pounds at least. Just like Juve did with Zidane.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I still just don't understand what's going on here with Pool. They're trading away Xabi and then bringing in Barry? Are these rumors about Downing and Milner true? Those players are not going to add anything. You keep looking at those players and you're not addressing the left-back issue and perhaps just a left-winger if Benitez can get "Dick Cup" to play right wing like he did for Holland recently.

If it was me, and we were strapped for cash, I guess the only thing one could do is set a record fee for Gerrard. 35 million Pounds at least. Just like Juve did with Zidane.
Yeah but Zidane wasn't from Turin. If we sold Gerrard the fans would sack Anfield, the offices, and burn Rick Parry's house to the ground. Maybe it's not such a bad idea after all.

As for the transfers, Rafa said we weren't going to do anything major until the window actually opens. I've got no problem with using Babel and Kuyt on the wings, so long as we add some depth that isn't Jermaine Pennant. People are saying that these rumors are a smoke screen for some big signing. But who knows? This summer has been atrocious for us so far, especially with the signing the Yids have made already.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
I'm very behind on the goings on in the EPL this summer. A friend of mine started talking to be earlier about all the transfers and clubs with new manahers and I was like "what? oh really. He's gone where?"

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yeah but Zidane wasn't from Turin. If we sold Gerrard the fans would sack Anfield, the offices, and burn Rick Parry's house to the ground. Maybe it's not such a bad idea after all.

As for the transfers, Rafa said we weren't going to do anything major until the window actually opens. I've got no problem with using Babel and Kuyt on the wings, so long as we add some depth that isn't Jermaine Pennant. People are saying that these rumors are a smoke screen for some big signing. But who knows? This summer has been atrocious for us so far, especially with the signing the Yids have made already.
I don't know how they ended up getting Modric. Very strange. When I look at Pool, I definitely see them having a use for Modric to play next to Mascherano. Now that would be class.

Then play Kuyt - Torres - Babel up top, or another player for Kuyt, and you have a pretty sick squad.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Sky Sports News understands Manchester City have agreed a £19million deal with CSKA Moscow for striker Jo.

The Brazilian has been a long-term target of City, but he looks set to become new manager Mark Hughes' first signing for a club record fee.

Jo was a member of the Brazil squad which played England in the first game at the new Wembley in June 2007.

However, Jo - who is also thought to be a target of Valencia - made his international debut against Turkey later that year.

Firepower

The 21-year-old has scored 30 goals in 53 appearances for CSKA Moscow and Hughes would welcome that firepower as City chase a place in the top six of the Premier League next season.

There have been previous fears that a possible third-party ownership of Jo, who is advised by Kia Joorabchian, would prevent the deal following new rulings by the Premier League.

But a spokesman for Joorabchian recently said that there is nothing complicated in the proposed transfer and there is no issue of third-party ownership.

Jo is expected to agree a four-year deal, but the move will be subject to a medical and personal terms.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Sky Sports News understands Manchester City have agreed a £19million deal with CSKA Moscow for striker Jo.

The Brazilian has been a long-term target of City, but he looks set to become new manager Mark Hughes' first signing for a club record fee.
I think thats BS rumor. The guy is not worth 19 mil thats like 24 mil euros!! Man city won't pay that much and the guy is not worth that money........

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

Very true, Barry had a good season thats about it, selling Alonso to fund a move for Barry is really a strange move.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Its not "bs", do you know how rich Thaksin Shinawatra is?
I know that he's rich but i don't think that they'll pay 24 million euros for the guy. He's not worth that money plus if they're gonna pay such a sum then they bitter buy ronaldinho who's a WC player and we'll give them lot of publicity (exactly what they need and want ).......

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Adebayor: I'll play like Henry if i'm paid like Henry

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=755661

You ingrateful fuck, you were nothing before Arsenal. i remember him with Monaco in the Ligue, i personally never rated him, imo last season was a one off, and for the service he got, scoring 24 goals doesnt mean he's world class.

I hope we get a good sum for him, we dont need ungrateful arrogant asses like him anyway...I cant wait to see how he'll choke with Milan or Barca..

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
He's delusional if he thinks he's fit to lace Henrys fuckin boots, what a cunt! I'm so angry right now i feel like punching something.

Ironically before the season started and before he developed an Ego, he said he was ready to play for free for Arsenal...fuckin hypocrite:disagree:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 146)