[ENG] Premiership 2008/2009 (165 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2006
that's the difference between people who aren't afraid to try something, even if they fail, and ultimately succeed. and those who immediately get rid of the ball at the smallest hint of pressure

is ronaldo gonna feel stupid for screwing up that move when he's holding up the Golden Ball in december? I don't think so
To be honest, I couldn't agree with you anymore. I've been humbled, you're right.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Thats just pure bias, Berbatov doesnt hold a candle to Ibrahimovic.
Bias? Nope, Berba is better from what I have seen, maybe I have seen Ibra less often (I have seen him in big matches and he's a choker), you might change your mind this weekend or at the end of the season.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Bias? Nope, Berba is better from what I have seen, maybe I have seen Ibra less often (I have seen him in big matches and he's a choker), you might change your mind this weekend or at the end of the season.
C.ronaldo is a chocker but that doesn't make him not better than berbatov. Obviously crisitano is better...

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Thats just pure bias, Berbatov doesnt hold a candle to Ibrahimovic.
Now this is pure bias Fred. Ibra is a better player than Berbatov I concur but you are exaggerating by saying that Berba doesn't hold a candle to him. He may not keep level with Ibra at showing up or talent but he is a more complete player if you ask me.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
:disagree: It's just the commentators and a few fans and a few players, the rest is al right, you know. Why do you think it's that bad?
No, it's ALL of the commentators and ALL of the fans...they have no clue what is going in other European leagues, and think that players in the EPL are the be-all and end-all...the clubs are losing their soul and are turning into fantasy playgrounds for bored billionaires who believe that success in the business arena will automatically translate into success on the football pitch

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Now this is pure bias Fred. Ibra is a better player than Berbatov I concur but you are exaggerating by saying that Berba doesn't hold a candle to him. He may not keep level with Ibra at showing up or talent but he is a more complete player if you ask me.
why would i be biased? i have nothing against or for any of the two players..

well it might have been an exaggeration, but we're talking about one of the best strikers in the world who almost singlehandedly won Inter the Serie A last season. What the heck has Berbatov ever done other than a couple of decent seasons with the spuds??

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008

well it might have been an exaggeration, but we're talking about one of the best strikers in the world who almost singlehandedly won Inter the Serie A last season. What the heck has Berbatov ever done other than a couple of decent seasons with the spuds??
:agree: agree with fred here even though berba is one of my fav players in EPL and i absalutely hate Ibra even back then when he was our player. IMO berbatov is a better finisher but overall (talent wise and everything else) Ibra is the better player....

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004

Why would you be biased? It simply because Ibra is one of your favorite players while Berba is playing for a team you hate too much. Should I add more? :D

But seriously, I beg to differ with the bold part. Inter overall was a strong team last season, from defense to attack. Still they couldn't win the Scudetto without the blatant amount of helps they received from the refs. And you answer me, why the hell would ManU pay 30.7 million pounds (+ send a player on loan) to Spurs for a player who ONLY has had a couple of DECENT seasons?!

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Why would you be biased? It simply because Ibra is one of your favorite players while Berba is playing for a team you hate too much. Should I add more? :D

But seriously, I beg to differ with the bold part. Inter overall was a strong team last season, from defense to attack. Still they couldn't win the Scudetto without the blatant amount of helps they received from the refs. And you answer me, why the hell would ManU pay 30.7 million pounds (+ send a player on loan) to Spurs for a player who ONLY has had a couple of DECENT seasons?!
As for the bolded part......Berba also used to play for another team he hates.
It's similar to someone successfully playing for both Inter and Milan. We certainly won't like him.

As for the topic... i still rate Zlatan a little higher, but the difference is far from being as big as some think. Both are top quality forwards, both have similar style, both can be a joy to watch and both have the quality to single-handedly win matches.

Have in mind that last year Zlatan was playing together with hard workers and he was perhaps the only technical player in Inter's team. The whole team worked for him.
I'm speculating but in that Inter i believe Berbatov would've also been the star of the team.
In Tottenham Berba couldn't single-handedly bring trophies to the team because the rest were far from champion quality. In Manchester he can't be the single star because there are many other extremely talented players. Put Zlatan in ManU's attack and he also won't be as important to the team as he is to Inter.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Ален;1796846 said:
It's similar to someone successfully playing for both Inter and Milan. We certainly won't like him.

As for the topic... i still rate Zlatan a little higher, but the difference is far from being as big as some think. Both are top quality forwards, both have similar style, both can be a joy to watch and both have the quality to single-handedly win matches.

Have in mind that last year Zlatan was playing together with hard workers and he was perhaps the only technical player in Inter's team. The whole team worked for him.
I'm speculating but in that Inter i believe Berbatov would've also been the star of the team.
In Tottenham Berba couldn't single-handedly bring trophies to the team because the rest were far from champion quality. In Manchester he can't be the single star because there are many other extremely talented players. Put Zlatan in ManU's attack and he also won't be as important to the team as he is to Inter.
I was joking with Fred there though. I couldn't agree more with your post Alen. Zlatan is definitely a better player than Berba but the gap is not that big (unlike what Fred thinks).

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Ален;1796846 said:

I still dont hate him and i have nothing against him, in fact i rate him higher than our forwards, i think he's better than both Van Persie and Adebayor, so i think i can safely say i have no sort of bias in regard to Berbatov.

They were definitely a strong team, no doubt about that, but more times than one they werent able to win a game or create anything till Zlatan produces a moment of magic to win them the game. And i'd go as far as saying that the same applies to this years Inter team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 165)