[ENG] Premiership 2007/2008 (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Wow it seems Manchester United is the only club he has not played for as he has donned the reds of Arsenal and Liverpool, the blues of Man city and now Chelsea.

Good buy, only time will tell as Anelka strikes me as a player that thrives on his own and not interested in partnerships.

Chelsea do not exactly have a support striker to constantly feed him like Bergkamp did and I just dont see him playing second fiddle to Drogba so its very likely Drogba would leave in the summer

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Drogba will definitely leave, they bought Anelka apparently for this purpose. But they might do some wonders now in the second half of the season. I tip them for the Champions League.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Drogba will definitely leave, they bought Anelka apparently for this purpose. But they might do some wonders now in the second half of the season. I tip them for the Champions League.
I would give them a chance in Cl if Lampard does not come back as Ballack has to be allowed to boss the midfield for them to happen.

I was impressed beyond belief by their display against Everton as they totally outplayed Everton and to be fair their football has improved mainly because Drogba is not there for them to just lump the ball forward to and let him do the rest.

Barcelona look good for CL if Rijkaard does not stand in their way as they have all the tools to win it possibly more than anybody else.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I thought Anelka was cup tied because he played for Bolton in the Uefa Cup?

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Well to be fair he has been decidedly average this season, was better last season. I dont what has happened to him but he has been awful in all the games I have seen him play this season.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
By the way, I don't rate Denilson at Arsenal. Never have. To be frank, 19 yrd old or not, he's one of the most average players i've ever seen play for Arsenal.

Like Denco said he was better last season..but i agree that this season he has looked extremely average...I wont write him off completely though..He's no Cesc but he has potential to be a very good player for us..even though this seasons performances say otherwise.

He will be available for the CL.
So he hasn't played for Bolton in the uefa cup?? or am i missing something here?

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
different cup competition, you cannot be cup-tied unless you appear in said competition for another team. this is almost certainly the main attraction for chelsea as they can bolster their strike force in europe as wellas the premiership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)