[ENG] Premiership 2007/2008 (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
What a game..the last ten minutes were absolutely breathtaking..the game has to be watched again when the hearts not beating at 100bpm in order to look at it objectively..but here goes anyway.

We were inconsistent in the game and we didnt create enough chances when we were down with one goal...Liverpool battled well in midfield and they deserve credit for that..i expected Fabregas to be marked out of the game,and thats exactly what happened..Mascherrano is one of the best and most composed tacklers in the world..the guy is immense and if there ever is a new Makelele..its definitely Masch..Carragher had a great game too..he ate Adebayor for breakfast..MOM for me...Torres was poor,but it was obvious he wasnt fit enough for the game..Kuyt ran like a man possessed..but without much end product.Voronin was invisible..Gerrard scored a goal,made a few crucial tackles and had a few dangerous runs..but by his high standards he should have done better.Reina was faultless..there was nothing he could do about Fabregas's goal.

Almunia proved what a terrible keeper he is..And Flamini showed Wenger exactly why G.Silva should be ahead of him..Hleb was our best player in this game..he provided a lot of creativity and created space for his teammates by dragging two liverpool players everytime he got the ball..Rosicky was invisible..And Fabregas was marked out of the game..he still managed to score the equaliser..and kudos to him for that.Adebayor was shit..the worst player in the game..did absolutely nothing and was in Carraghers pocket all day long..Flamini was just ok..but i hold him responsible for Liverpools goal..Sagna did well and so did Clichy.Toure was a lion in defence..absolutely amazing..Gallas wasnt bad either..Walcott and Bentdner came in and didnt do a thing.

Overall i'm happy with the point but it wasnt a convincing performance..Its never easy to get a point from Anfield..I think we could have won though..had Fabregas
buried that chance of his:disagree:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
What a game..the last ten minutes were absolutely breathtaking..the game has to be watched again when the hearts not beating at 100bpm in order to look at it objectively..but here goes anyway.

We were inconsistent in the game and we didnt create enough chances when we were down with one goal...Liverpool battled well in midfield and they deserve credit for that..i expected Fabregas to be marked out of the game,and thats exactly what happened..Mascherrano is one of the best and most composed tacklers in the world..the guy is immense and if there ever is a new Makelele..its definitely Masch..Carragher had a great game too..he ate Adebayor for breakfast..MOM for me...Torres was poor,but it was obvious he wasnt fit enough for the game..Kuyt ran like a man possessed..but without much end product.Voronin was invisible..Gerrard scored a goal,made a few crucial tackles and had a few dangerous runs..but by his high standards he should have done better.Reina was faultless..there was nothing he could do about Fabregas's goal.

Almunia proved what a terrible keeper he is..And Flamini showed Wenger exactly why G.Silva should be ahead of him..Hleb was our best player in this game..he provided a lot of creativity and created space for his teammates by dragging two liverpool players everytime he got the ball..Rosicky was invisible..And Fabregas was marked out of the game..he still managed to score the equaliser..and kudos to him for that.Adebayor was shit..the worst player in the game..did absolutely nothing and was in Carraghers pocket all day long..Flamini was just ok..but i hold him responsible for Liverpools goal..Sagna did well and so did Clichy.Toure was a lion in defence..absolutely amazing..Gallas wasnt bad either..Walcott and Bentdner came in and didnt do a thing.

Overall i'm happy with the point but it wasnt a convincing performance..Its never easy to get a point from Anfield..I think we could have won though..had Fabregas
buried that chance of his:disagree:
I think if we play Babel in place of Veronin and Torres can get fit, that line up could be very lethal. It's obvious that we have more to do as far as form than Arsenal. Props to your guys Fred for getting the point. I have to say I actually like you guys putting on Bentdner but I'm not so sure about the Walcott sub, what's your opinion on those two?

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
I think if we play Babel in place of Veronin and Torres can get fit, that line up could be very lethal. It's obvious that we have more to do as far as form than Arsenal. Props to your guys Fred for getting the point.
Good points Enron, & great to hear a Liverpool fan honestly view his own team.

:tup:

Gunner

Oct 27, 2007
I think if we play Babel in place of Veronin and Torres can get fit, that line up could be very lethal. It's obvious that we have more to do as far as form than Arsenal. Props to your guys Fred for getting the point. I have to say I actually like you guys putting on Bentdner but I'm not so sure about the Walcott sub, what's your opinion on those two?
I think it was a smart move from Wenger to throw on Walcott and Bendtner.
We desperately needed to apply more pressure in front of goal, and Bendtner is the only one except Adebayor who can match Hyypia and Carraghers physique.
As for Walcott, he has shown that he can come onto the pitch and change a game on his own. And seeing as neither Rosicky or Adebayor was playing at their best, taking off at least Rosicky was a logical move.
I think he threw on Gilberto to bolster our defence, as Flamini was beginning to give Crouch too much space.
I really enjoyed the game, it was tough, but the quality of the play was outstanding.
Only thing I can complain about is Mascherano's Materazzi-style tackle on Sagna.
He really deserved a red card for that one.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I think it was a smart move from Wenger to throw on Walcott and Bendtner.
We desperately needed to apply more pressure in front of goal, and Bendtner is the only one except Adebayor who can match Hyypia and Carraghers physique.
As for Walcott, he has shown that he can come onto the pitch and change a game on his own. And seeing as neither Rosicky or Adebayor was playing at their best, taking off at least Rosicky was a logical move.
I think he threw on Gilberto to bolster our defence, as Flamini was beginning to give Crouch too much space.
I really enjoyed the game, it was tough, but the quality of the play was outstanding.
Only thing I can complain about is Mascherano's Materazzi-style tackle on Sagna.
He really deserved a red card for that one.
I like Bendtner a lot. I think he has a big future. Im still kind of skeptical on Walcott.

As for Masch's tackle, I can't comment on that. I only was able to listen to the match so I didn't see the tackle. Hopefully Masch doesn't make a that a regular thing. We need him on the field and suspensions don't help at all.

Gunner

Oct 27, 2007
Sceptical about Walcott?
Well he has shapened up alot in the last few weeks, scoring two against Slavia etc.

The Mascherano tackle was very, very dirty.
He lounged at Sagna, legs outstreched and knots heading straight for Sagna's ankles. Luckily enough, Sagna managed to partly feint it, but if that tackle had hit home properly, Sagna would have been out until at the very least January.

Still, credit to you guys for a good match, the atmosphere at Anfield was truly electric.
And youv'e got one hell of a captain in Gerrard...the guy oozes fighting spirit.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
As for Masch's tackle, I can't comment on that. I only was able to listen to the match so I didn't see the tackle. Hopefully Masch doesn't make a that a regular thing. We need him on the field and suspensions don't help at all.
Just saw it.

Not a good tackle, jumped into it a bit. it was worthy of the booking he got, nothing more.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
It was a good game, in second half Arsenal was way batter but Liverpool was way more concrete, I mean what the hell is with Arsenal they need to make at least 20 passes before someone shoots towards goal. It was really funny to watch how Arsenal players are passing in Liverpool's box :D However the draw is maybe the fairest result of the game, even it could go either way.

P.S. Fabregas missing sitter was incredible (I saw it in the goal), and Bendter (I think it was him) also missed almost same sitter as Fabregas after Fabregas hit the post. At the training tommorow Arsenal players will train volleys :D

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Sceptical about Walcott?
Well he has shapened up alot in the last few weeks, scoring two against Slavia etc.

The Mascherano tackle was very, very dirty.
He lounged at Sagna, legs outstreched and knots heading straight for Sagna's ankles. Luckily enough, Sagna managed to partly feint it, but if that tackle had hit home properly, Sagna would have been out until at the very least January.

Still, credit to you guys for a good match, the atmosphere at Anfield was truly electric.
And youv'e got one hell of a captain in Gerrard...the guy oozes fighting spirit.
I like him too. Fabregas is good to have as well.

Sep 19, 2006
It is really a joy to watch Arsnal.
Fabregas is the best player in the world this season so far(I mean in the last 2 months),Pure class.
I cant get how Wenger is gettin his players to play every match with the same pace,spirit & beauty,this guy is simply a Master.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I too think walcott isnt ready for big games like the Liverpool one..lets not forget he's only 18..and not everybody is as mature as Fabregas at that age..I was very sceptical about him too..but he kind of changed my mind this season..everytime he comes in,he adds more width,more directness to our game..So i'm begining to think the kid has a future at Arsenal.Most Arsenal fans i know overrate him though..calling him the next big thing and all..He's good but not that good,at least in my eyes.

As for Bentdner,i cant say i've seen enough opf him to make a fair judgement..He hasnt got a lot of playing time this season..He impressed me in the Newcastle game in the Carling cup though..But to be honest i dont like his attitude,shooting his mouth too much in the press for my liking..the talking should be done in the pitch not outside it..Bitching to the press isnt going to get you more first team chances,and he should know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)