[ENG] Premiership 2007/2008 (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
tonite only showed man utd's inability to realise that they arn't getting the results they should be because they have nobody upfront able to hold up the ball, and since they can only play ground balls, it suits the opponents well as they can defend those in numbers all day long, and with no height upfront for man utd, their aeriel threat is none existant

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Geovanni scored a fluke against United, ball deflected on Vidic. Little Schmeichel is playing for City, looking pretty solid but had some blunders as well. Bojinov got injured early on and replaced by Mpenza. Man Utd are not looking that impressive but offered more in the game.

Our Corluka is playing for City as well on right back, looking pretty good but seems to be under the influence of such a big game, lacks the confidence he usually has.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
They're completely dominant but they haven't really been able to open up City. Nani has been wasteful.

And there he goes. Replaced by Chris Eagles.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Corluka's been given a yellow pur pulling on a shirt and now Ferdinand throws him on the ground basically with a wrestling move and recieves nothing. That said Corluka was lucky not to get a yellow for reacting on that foul.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Things just aren't going United's way.
They're completely dominant but they haven't really been able to open up City. Nani has been wasteful.

And there he goes. Replaced by Chris Eagles.
Nani wasted ManU's best chance, but IMO, I think Ferguson was an idiot for subbing him first. Nani was perhaps the one player giving the club their best ball movement near goal. ManU proved my point by a lackluster set of possessions that continued from there. Some poor substitution choices by Ferguson, and I believe they cost them at least one point. Serves him right.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
I didnt see the match, nor I ever felt the urge to do so (Come on its Liverpool and Chelski, would you want to see any of those two teams never mind putting together in the same game), but Liverpool fan should be the last one to complain about "luck" not going there way. Remember Del Piero's header? Garcia's goal? Gerrard's dive? Chelski will probably need next 10 more penalties against Liverpool, if they want to be compensated for the loss of value of such dubious decision.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Who knows but no matter if it went in or not, that was a silly decision.

Indeed it was a bad decision but fortunately it had no bearing for the outcome of the game, since it wouldn't have been a goal anyway. Believe me I have watched countless reruns of that play and I can not be more certain. We were pisspoor in both legs and can only blame ourselves for going out. We had the squad to knock out Pool easily but Capello and the players failed to make the most of the oppertunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)