[ENG] Premiership 2007/2008 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
First , Man u and Arsenal were the real contenders . Arsenal are managing to win games having to afford benching half their main team . Rught now , they look unstoppable and Wenger's long awaited scheme has finally come together ,
I do agree, Arsenal are the class of the league right now. But a few injuries and few bad results then we have a whole new ball game.

Buy on AliExpress.com

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
First , Man u and Arsenal were the real contenders . Arsenal are managing to win games having to afford benching half their main team . Rught now , they look unstoppable and Wenger's long awaited scheme has finally come together ,
Still that doesn't mean that Arsenal have already won the league. There's a long way to go.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Boro in shock Ronaldinho link
Reported bid from Teesside

By Graeme Bailey Last updated: 3rd December 2007

Reports in Catalunya, including their leading daily Sport, claim that despite all the rumours surrounding Ronaldinho and his future, Boro are the only firm bidders so far.

Milan and Chelsea are known admirers and look set to go head-to-head to land the 27-year-old - if and when he is made available by Barca, who continually insist that he is staying at Camp Nou.

Ambitious

Now lowly Boro - who have a firm liking for Brazilians having signed eight over the past decade - have seemingly made what appears to be a cheeky bid for Ronaldinho as reports state their offer is as low as 15million euros (£10million).

Boro, whose support has continued to dwindle this term, would love to have a repeat of the Juninho era, which although was destined to failure, saw sell-outs at The Riverside on a weekly basis - interest which the club has not been able to rekindle.

However, even though Boro's bid has been acknowledged - it seems doomed to failure as even if Barca accepted, Ronaldinho is highly unlikely to sacrifice his Barcelona career for a team which now has only memories of European football rather than ambitions of it.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I think It'll end up between Liverpool and Arsenal till last day. They're both performing well.

But I hope Arsenal will clinch It since I can't stand Crouch.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
If Arsenal go far in the Champions League I doubt they'll win the league. This is because I believe they have the least squad depth of the big 4.

A big test for Arsenal will come with the African Nations Cup as Toure is a key player and Adebayor has also done well. This will also affect Chelsea, but Man Utd won't have this problem.

I thought before the start of the season Man Utd would win the league and I'll stick with that, though Arsenal are looking brilliant just now. How far the sides go in the CL will be key.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I dont know understand where all the doubts are coming from. Is it because they are a young team? Its December and they still havenot lost in the league and have played manchester United and Liverpool consecutively.

They have gone to Villa, a decent side, okay not top draw, but have played them off the park for 45 minutes scoring 2 goals and should have been more if not for elaboration.

Who cares about how good or otherwise Almunia is? He is decent and that is enough for a side that dominates not a team that plays on the counter attack relying on defence and goal keeper.

The beat Villa without Fabregas, Van Persie and Hleb (30 mins)

They also have a game in hand are still 5 points ahead of Chelsea and Liverpool.

Wenger has won the premiership before on numerous occasions so he knows what he is doing but ppl wanna harp on the negatives.

Man United went to Bolton without Scholes, Ronaldo and Rooney and lost Arsenal went to a far better side without players just as influential and they won.

When Man united won at Villa, they did so with the goal keeper sent off and Villa did put them under pressure as well, its not like you are not gonna expect Villa to pressurise you at some point at Villa park and they did beat Mourinho's Chelsea 2-0, lets not forget that.

Call Adebayor what you like but the mofo works hard, he is not a Trez or Owen that offer nothing but goals, he works for his team. Not too long ago Drogba was being ridiculed look at him now (hands up any centre forward in the world better than the Drog).

People can wait all they want for the bubble to burst cos i got the feeling that it wont as they have showed tremendous character, coming from behind to beat fulham in first game, coming from behind twice to draw with man united, liverpool and coming from behind to beat Villa.

This is a side that should worry its rivals and delight its fans as they are here to stay as far as I can see
Speaking of the Villa game...Cesc was out for that one...and when Hleb went off injured..our midfield lost the plot, started miss placing passes everywhere...and became disorganized..it was an utter mess..I doubt we can win games with both those players out..and they are bound to get injured some time.

And most importantly i want to see how this team reacts to losing their first premiership match...we all remember what happened when our unbeaten run was ended by man utd..the team went on a steady decline for two years...i'm not saying thats whats going to happen to this team..but i doubt they'll handle it well...i still have last season in mind..and i fear that after a defeat this young team might crumble...and go back to their old selves again..i do hope i am wrong though.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
I do agree, Arsenal are the class of the league right now. But a few injuries and few bad results then we have a whole new ball game.
i am in total agreement with aaron on this, when injuries kick in and also when they african nations cup starts then arsenal may struggle( though chelsea may fare worse) arsenal are playing with a freedom thats comes from winning games, a defeat or two and the young lads confidence may start to waver. then we will get a true idea of their title ambitions.

i would love to be wrong and i am already considering putting a bet on them to win it next year

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
If Arsenal go far in the Champions League I doubt they'll win the league. This is because I believe they have the least squad depth of the big 4.

A big test for Arsenal will come with the African Nations Cup as Toure is a key player and Adebayor has also done well. This will also affect Chelsea, but Man Utd won't have this problem.

I thought before the start of the season Man Utd would win the league and I'll stick with that, though Arsenal are looking brilliant just now. How far the sides go in the CL will be key.
Togo didnt qualify for the African cup.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
exactly...dont know how we'll cope without Kolo...if Gallas keeps his form up, doesnt get injured..Wenger recalls Djourou from loan then imo we will cope very well...everything will be fine as long as Senderos stays as far away from the first team as he can

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Speaking of the Villa game...Cesc was out for that one...and when Hleb went off injured..our midfield lost the plot, started miss placing passes everywhere...and became disorganized..it was an utter mess..I doubt we can win games with both those players out..and they are bound to get injured some time.

And most importantly i want to see how this team reacts to losing their first premiership match...we all remember what happened when our unbeaten run was ended by man utd..the team went on a steady decline for two years...i'm not saying thats whats going to happen to this team..but i doubt they'll handle it well...i still have last season in mind..and i fear that after a defeat this young team might crumble...and go back to their old selves again..i do hope i am wrong though.
They went on a steady decline because they had prima donnas like Ashley Cole, Wenger, Reyes, henry, Pires, Vieira that started feeling sorry for themselves and felt it was an injustice as they felt Rio Ferdinand should have been sent off and Rooney they felt dived.

Thats different they were going for perfect 50 but were stopped at of all places Old Trafford and they took their eye of the ball.

Decline was because most of the best players were coming to the inevitable decline in their careers so the level dropped and the younger guys were not prepared.

These guys are ready now and yes without Fabregas or/and Hleb you lose some of your fluidity but take Gerrard and Torres out of Liverpool, take Ronaldo and Rooney out of Man United , we all saw how even the special one was handicapped without Drogba and Lampard.

They lost to Sevilla and still went to Villa and won even when they were 1 goal down.

As for in january, i think its imperative that Gilberto Silva is not sold so he could play at centre back because like you I think Senderos is a calamity waiting to happen.

They have passed every test that has been put in front of them with flying colours and as for Cl, I dont think its their priority and they are just enjoying the moment, wherever it takes then they would go.

They may not have the biggest squad but they are the freshest in age and most are kids that would enjoy playing many games anyways, its not like Milan's back 4 that older than the entire Arsenal squad:D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
They went on a steady decline because they had prima donnas like Ashley Cole, Wenger, Reyes, henry, Pires, Vieira that started feeling sorry for themselves and felt it was an injustice as they felt Rio Ferdinand should have been sent off and Rooney they felt dived.

Thats different they were going for perfect 50 but were stopped at of all places Old Trafford and they took their eye of the ball.

Decline was because most of the best players were coming to the inevitable decline in their careers so the level dropped and the younger guys were not prepared.

These guys are ready now and yes without Fabregas or/and Hleb you lose some of your fluidity but take Gerrard and Torres out of Liverpool, take Ronaldo and Rooney out of Man United , we all saw how even the special one was handicapped without Drogba and Lampard.

They lost to Sevilla and still went to Villa and won even when they were 1 goal down.

As for in january, i think its imperative that Gilberto Silva is not sold so he could play at centre back because like you I think Senderos is a calamity waiting to happen.

They have passed every test that has been put in front of them with flying colours and as for Cl, I dont think its their priority and they are just enjoying the moment, wherever it takes then they would go.

Difference is Hleb is more prone to injury than those players you mentioned..except maybe Rooney. He does always annoyingly pick a knock here and there rather often.

Gilberto himself is a disaster at CB..look at the game against PSV and Reading last season for evidence..he looks nervous and out of positon there, not to mention he suffers more lapses of concentration in one match than Rio Ferdinand does in a whole season..so i personally dont trust Gilberto there...we have an option to recall Djourou whom i personally rate..we should do that, as he is a better option than both Gilberto and Senderos IMHO.

They may not have the biggest squad but they are the freshest in age and most are kids that would enjoy playing many games anyways, its not like Milan's back 4 that older than the entire Arsenal squad:D
:howler:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I hope Crouch will sign for us :D I really appreciate him and I think he should be first team regular at Liverpool.
I like Veronin and Kuyt better. But Crouch is good too. This is where having too many forwards sucks. Not everyone can play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)