[ENG] Premiership 2007/2008 (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Awsome skills? Every other kid on my backyard can do that and probably 95% of professional footballers aswell. But why whould they do it in game? Embarassing stuff from Ronaldo. You can tell that he is from the gutter. I would have pulled a on his kneecaps.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Ronaldo's probably the best player in the world right now,and i feel like stuffing a zillion pins in my eyes after this..but he's also very annoying,and someone who's very easily hated.He's very gifted yes,but what he does isnt showmanship.Its annoying.There are very few people other than Man utd fans who appreciate such showmanship.Stepovers can get very annoying after a while(Anyone remember Denilson?),and Ronaldo does a bit too much of them.Way more than required.

There is nothing wrong with showmanship.Ronaldinho does it,Messi does it,Totti does it...but they arent half as annoying as Ronaldo.Ronaldo overdoes it.They dont.Its hard to argue against Ronaldo's skill as he's got a bundle of them,but its very easy to argue against his annoying showmanship.
I'm not doubting his abilities, hell, the thing he did in the Arsenal game was actually pretty intelligent because he stole some time. I can understand his arrogance, lack of sportsmanship, etc., it's what actually makes him the player he is, kind of like Ibrahimovic.

My main problem with him is the fact he's actually in love with himself. I've never seen a player so amazed with himself. It's really, really, nauseating.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Plus he plays for Man Utd..a club which is the both the most famous,and the most hated club in the word simultaneously.A good player at Man Utd will be built up as a world beater by those marketing loving cunts.Plus he's playing in the EPL..which ads to the media frenzy.Im sure that had he been at some other club right now,we wouldnt have hated him so much.And maybe he wouldnt have been the arrogant prick that he is now.The only consolation for us that he isnt an English player.God..that would have made football fans around the world commit suicide.

Éver

Mar 1, 2008
Fair enough, all seem jealous and that, but you wouldnt be saying all this if he was in your team.

Esteban - thanks for that nonsense.

Fred - Arsenal have got their fair share of wankers so its fine.

Loads of footballers are arrogant cunts, hating them ftl.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Jealousy?

Surely you jest.Yes id love him at Juventus,but jealousy is the last thing in the world that makes me or anyone else for that matter,hate Ronaldo.Kaka is having a poor reason,but a Kaka inform is Ronaldo's daddy.Yet no one hates Kaka.He's respected for the player that he is,Ronaldo isnt.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Plus he plays for Man Utd..a club which is the both the most famous,and the most hated club in the word simultaneously.A good player at Man Utd will be built up as a world beater by those marketing loving cunts.Plus he's playing in the EPL..which ads to the media frenzy.Im sure that had he been at some other club right now,we wouldnt have hated him so much.And maybe he wouldnt have been the arrogant prick that he is now.The only consolation for us that he isnt an English player.God..that would have made football fans around the world commit suicide.
fourfourtwo magazine just had an issue counting down the greatest foreigners to play in britain and they came to the conclusion that Cantona was the greatest. far be it for me to doubt this, i mean eric was a superb player and he had a massive impact on the likes of becks,scholes,etc but surely schmeichel had a bigger impact at manure in his longer time there. surely thierry henry did more for arsenal in his time there while being the best player in the world and surely bergkamps time at arsenal brought more rewards. but simply put, cantona was a manure player, so he must have been better than anyone else:sick:

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
do not get me wrong i thought cantona was superb but he stayed a few seasons, kicked a fan and fucked off. henry was THE best player in the world for quite a few years and carried himself with great dignity during his stay in london

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Henry has to be the best forignerer to play in EPL,hands down.I remember reading an article on this last summer,when Henry was on the verge of moving to Barcelona.I dont remember which paper it was,but it was written by Jamie Redknap.He put Henry on one,followed by Zola i think.

Cantona is a part of EPL folkore because of his antics.Great player,but definatley not better than the likes of Henry,Viera,Zola or Bergkamp.You expect Arsenal to have quite a few players in the 'greatest forigners to ever play in the EPL' as their team was built on them,but Cantona...please.Next thing we know,Ronaldo will be called better than Maradona.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Fair enough, all seem jealous and that, but you wouldnt be saying all this if he was in your team.

Loads of footballers are arrogant cunts, hating them ftl.
Na man you're confusing jealousy with distaste. I admit that he is an incredible player but there are many players that are incredible and not so arrogant. There are many players that I don't like but that doesn't come because they are not on the juve roster.

Éver

Mar 1, 2008
Cantona being the best foreigner ever in the EPL not really that shocking is it. Im prob biased like. Guess you've been watching EPL all your life then eh.

Ronaldo isnt better than Maradroga...but if he keeps this level of performance up for even more years to come then who knows.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
fourfourtwo magazine just had an issue counting down the greatest foreigners to play in britain and they came to the conclusion that Cantona was the greatest. far be it for me to doubt this, i mean eric was a superb player and he had a massive impact on the likes of becks,scholes,etc but surely schmeichel had a bigger impact at manure in his longer time there. surely thierry henry did more for arsenal in his time there while being the best player in the world and surely bergkamps time at arsenal brought more rewards. but simply put, cantona was a manure player, so he must have been better than anyone else:sick:
i was speaking to a friend of mine who is a manu fan about cantona. The point he brought up about his idolization by the english is because simply he brought them something they didn't have. The skills. Now this guy has been watching epl for a while, and tbh i didnt see much of the EPL before cantona but he brings up a good point.
That style of play that contains flair coupled with massive skills wasn't to cantona's level at least, and he took it to that extra step.

IMO he is not the greatest foreigner at all,even though hes a great player. But he played a total of 172 games in the league in about 6 years for both leeds and manu, i dont think thats enough also his antics off the field don't do him any good either.

about ronaldo, well he is arrogant and just like vlatko what i hate about him is his love to himself. But he is the best in the world right now. However i dont if it was brought up or not but did you notice how he choked again in another big game ? ala a certain Ibra ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)