[ENG] Premier League 2013/2014 (126 Viewers)

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Nah.We just love to overrate our team cos we're breaking records in the league.
imo we're doing good but we're not as good as its made out to be.
On a European level we're inferior to many teams.Personally i'll be really happy and content if we can atleast pass the grps.
Like Jay said, let's see Liverpool play this all action, quick and intense game every 3 days. It won't last. They've also taken this league a bit by surprise this season.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Nah.We just love to overrate our team cos we're breaking records in the league.
imo we're doing good but we're not as good as its made out to be.
On a European level we're inferior to many teams.Personally i'll be really happy and content if we can atleast pass the grps.
Well, don't include me, i don't overrate us. I know where we are. People like to take that match against a weakened Chelsea too serious. We can't do much damage in Europe playing like we do. Atlético might resemble Italian Football a little but there's 2 big differences, they have a goal machine up front and they have a strong counter attack force.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Like Jay said, let's see Liverpool play this all action, quick and intense game every 3 days. It won't last. They've also taken this league a bit by surprise this season.
True.But they're still one of the teams i'd like to avoid.
Their attacking pace is just incredible.Even better than Bvb imo

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
That's pretty obvious, but to be in the position we're in you have to actually win. So we've done that. It's difficult to say Liverpool are a surprise when there are 5 games left and we've done this to most teams. At this point in the season, teams know what's coming. They just don't know how it's coming. And that goes down to Rogers.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
That's pretty obvious, but to be in the position we're in you have to actually win. So we've done that. It's difficult to say Liverpool are a surprise when there are 5 games left and we've done this to most teams. At this point in the season, teams know what's coming. They just don't know how it's coming. And that goes down to Rogers.
Scoring in the first half (usually early) for 24-25 games in a row is always useful when you are playing a very quick counter attacking game. I like the variation Liverpool have with their attackers, Suarez is obviously class and makes every attacker around him better, but this kind of tempo in round 30+ is not seen for teams in several competitions. It's just relentless. Even Gerrard looks like a supreme athlete, and his physical condition has declined a lot since his best days.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Their biggest problem is their bench, they don't have much quality there. So yeah it'll hurt them a lot. I remember last season they were just as offensive-minded and efficient up front, the problem was their defense. They seem to have fixed that problem though.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Scoring in the first half (usually early) for 24-25 games in a row is always useful when you are playing a very quick counter attacking game. I like the variation Liverpool have with their attackers, Suarez is obviously class and makes every attacker around him better, but this kind of tempo in round 30+ is not seen for teams in several competitions. It's just relentless. Even Gerrard looks like a supreme athlete, and his physical condition has declined a lot since his best days.
Oh I don't disagree about the tempo. I just disagree that at this point in the season, anything that Liverpool does is surprising.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Their biggest problem is their bench, they don't have much quality there. So yeah it'll hurt them a lot. I remember last season they were just as offensive-minded and efficient up front, the problem was their defense. They seem to have fixed that problem though.
The midfield helps a lot with the defensive work, it's a swarm defense that they play, which is fine if your players have the fitness levels to do it. Like I said, we did that in the first season, all over teams. In the Premier League obviously you will find more athletes and quick players, so Liverpool's is an even more extreme example of that.

For instance Glen Johnson is a crap defender, I know that as I've watched him for years for Liverpool and England, but you don't often see him exposed anymore. He's an athlete, and Liverpool have a good mix of ability with their athleticism.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
The midfield helps a lot with the defensive work, it's a swarm defense that they play, which is fine if your players have the fitness levels to do it. Like I said, we did that in the first season, all over teams. In the Premier League obviously you will find more athletes and quick players, so Liverpool's is an even more extreme example of that.

For instance Glen Johnson is a crap defender, I know that as I've watched him for years for Liverpool and England, but you don't often see him exposed anymore. He's an athlete, and Liverpool have a good mix of ability with their athleticism.
:tup: Agreed. You pretty much defined Football today, a lot of bad players out there who are actually good athletes and use that to their advantage.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Crimson,they'll have money to spend next season,atleast some 50m pounds if u believe english papers so they'll be able to fix that issue next season.

Also if england had a better coach, i would've tipped them to rape italy.sterling,sturridge,ox,rooney.Thats some fine attacking talent.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
if anything it shows that 1st team is most important not the strength of bench. if you want good results against the big teams in big nights 1st team is essential, bench is luxury. Liverpool have a strong 1st team, who have been fit for the better part of the season which is why they are able to beat the top teams. a weaker 1st team but a stronger bench won't have made it less likely to beat to big clubs in decisive matches.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 126)