[ENG] Premier League 2013/2014 (179 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
You would have thought Aberdeen fans would have a sense of humour.
You would have thought wrong.

Matters relating to the Dons are far to serious to have a sense of humour about. Unless it is something sick that will offend the rest of the world - then it's hilarious.

The older generations have seen enough success to not take kindly to thrashings; folk my age, and a few years either side, have just had to develop a thick skin to be able to withstand humiliation; for whatever reason the folk aged about 19-25 just now are just a generation of complete cunts; but the younger ones starting to appear seem to be a more decent, reasonable bunch.

So altercations in the Dons support will tend to be caused by the older folk or the young cunts.

Also, our support has a tendency to become very polarised over issues. Other supports seem more inclined to unite behind one thing that is either great or to blame for everything. Aberdeen supports keep getting split.

One of the grimmer days I've had watching Aberdeen was an away Scottish Cup tie against Raith Rovers. We drew 1-1 with an undeserved last-minute equaliser and through most of the second half there were fights breaking out in the Aberdeen end. The support was split between those who were happy to see the back of Jimmy Calderwood and those who thought he should still have been manager (largely due to Mark McGhee doing badly when he replaced him, though there were mitigating factors).

Anyway, it resulted in a middle-aged man threatening an elderly woman with physical violence in my general vicinity.

Not a fun day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 179)