[ENG] Premier League 2013/2014 (187 Viewers)

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
I just wondered how else you would know who was more hated in England? Maybe I misread the initial question and The Cusp meant 'most hated English team'. In England when people think of Manchester they think Man City, but I know from experience there are also United fans there.
Already? :lol::touched:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
almost every football club changed its logo... i dont say its a good thing but everyone does it...
Dude I know that but they removed 'football club' from theirs :D That's a deliberate move to create a brand. Doesn't lessen them as a club, but really they could remove 'Manchester' from the logo and relocate to Hertfordshire with a new stadium, it would have no impact on them.

- - - Updated - - -

That was the case before City had any money. It's a bit like the whole Torino and Juve thing. Probably just as false, but we are talking about perception.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
My family supports Liverpool, so they're my team in the PL & they were the club that originally got me interested in football. So I know quite a few Liverpool fans, both from having been there & ones I've met elsewhere/the internet. There are some that fit the definition of delusional, but a lot are just optimistic, which isn't a bad trait at all. I suppose there's a fine line though.

Liverpool are historically a big club, there is no doubt that one day the club will win titles again. Football goes in cycles, you can already see it happening with Liverpool getting a lot of positive results, while United is becoming a midtable team. So for fans to be optimistic about the future is a good thing.

Where it gets annoying is when they start to feel entitled & become arrogant. Those people aren't necessarily the majority, but they are quite vocal. But like I said earlier, every club has these types of fans.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Do you live in England?
I just wondered how else you would know who was more hated in England? Maybe I misread the initial question and The Cusp meant 'most hated English team'. In England when people think of Manchester they think Man City, but I know from experience there are also United fans there.
I'm still wondering how you would know that. Have you conducted or had access to a study on a representative sample of the English people of who their most hated team was?

Otherwise I can't see why you're in a better position to judge.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Who is more hated in England ? Yanited or Pool ?
Utd due to their success these last couple of decades obviously. But as for Liverpool fans most of you all here are probably too young or wasn't even born to even know what it was like when they dominated football. And trust me it's worse than Utd in my eye. Way worse. I understand winning brings arrogance amongst some fans but Liverpool, uh uh!!

May their run continue I say. "You'll never win again" YNWA

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I'm still wondering how you would know that. Have you conducted or had access to a study on a representative sample of the English people of who their most hated team was?

Otherwise I can't see why you're in a better position to judge.
not only is it the most hated team, it's the most hated company

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/899726/manchester-united-most-hated-in-uk---survey?cc=3888

- - - Updated - - -

Well, yes...having lived here for ~28 years has given me some insight.
fuck your insight, burnley is the most hated team because i said so

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Utd due to their success these last couple of decades obviously. But as for Liverpool fans most of you all here are probably too young or wasn't even born to even know what it was like when they dominated football. And trust me it's worse than Utd in my eye. Way worse. I understand winning brings arrogance amongst some fans but Liverpool, uh uh!!

May their run continue I say. "You'll never win again" YNWA
:tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 187)