[ENG] Premier League 2013/2014 (123 Viewers)

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
The last 10 minutes both teams have opened up and played more attack-minded. Van Persie and Cazorla had huge chances, which have been saved by wonder-saves from De Gea and Sczcesny respectively.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
So guys is Ozil still a WC player like all of u suggest he is? He has bottled every big game this season what a waste of 50 million euro. He is worth half of that tbh how any of u guys think he is world class because he played with Madrid in La Liga with Ronaldo is just laughable. He is a big game bottler just because he can make a team win 5-0 against norwich instead of 3-0 does not make him great.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
So guys is Ozil still a WC player like all of u suggest he is? He has bottled every big game this season what a waste of 50 million euro. He is worth half of that tbh how any of u guys think he is world class because he played with Madrid in La Liga with Ronaldo is just laughable. He is a big game bottler just because he can make a team win 5-0 against norwich instead of 3-0 does not make him great.
:lol:
I want some of whatever you're on.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I'll tell you something, he started out well with Arsenal, but he's been shit for the past 2 months to be honest, he's been an absolute liability and indeed he has bottled it in the big games, but to call into question the fact that he's a world class player just reeks of knee jerk reactionism, he was world class for three years at Real Madrid, a slow start at Arsenal does not erase that, lets not be revisionists here.

I rate him very highly, and because of that I am hoping that he comes out stronger next season, many players do not do too well in their first seasons at a new league, but then start ripping shit up when they adapt, I fully expect Ozil to be world class for us next season.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
I'll tell you something, he started out well with Arsenal, but he's been shit for the past 2 months to be honest, he's been an absolute liability and indeed he has bottled it in the big games, but to call into question the fact that he's a world class player just reeks of knee jerk reactionism, he was world class for three years at Real Madrid, a slow start at Arsenal does not erase that, lets not be revisionists here.

I rate him very highly, and because of that I am hoping that he comes out stronger next season, many players do not do too well in their first seasons at a new league, but then start ripping shit up when they adapt, I fully expect Ozil to be world class for us next season.
He couldn't even last 90 minutes at Madrid. Dont u think if he was so good why did Madrid offer him around Europe? Wouldn't they want to keep their best players? He was replaced for a reason and it's because he was not world class. Good player but nothing more imo.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
He couldn't even last 90 minutes at Madrid. Dont u think if he was so good why did Madrid offer him around Europe? Wouldn't they want to keep their best players? He was replaced for a reason and it's because he was not world class. Good player but nothing more imo.
He does have stamina problems, but Mourinho rated him, he was flabbergasted at Ancelotti's decision(it was his decision solely) to sell him, so were prominent players such as Ronaldo, Arbeloa, Benzema and others, the former especially was notoriously unhappy about Ozil's sale. At the end of the day, different managers have different views, and Ancelotti was one of the few who did not rate Ozil that highly.

Plus did you not watch Ozil at Real, the guy was amazing, he was their main creative outlet, and he raked a high number of assists every season(I believe the highest in Europe in the past 3 years), you just cannot erase that overnight because he isn't performing for Arsenal.

You can go on all day about how he's been disappointing at arsenal, and i would agree with you completely, because at the business end of the season, he has gone missing and is hurting us a lot. But that is not grounds for revisionism, because he was without any doubt world class for Real, and I doubt you were so sceptical of him in the past few years.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
He does have stamina problems, but Mourinho rated him, he was flabbergasted at Ancelotti's decision(it was his decision solely) to sell him, so were prominent players such as Ronaldo, Arbeloa, Benzema and others, the former especially was notoriously unhappy about Ozil's sale. At the end of the day, different managers have different views, and Ancelotti was one of the few who did not rate Ozil that highly.

Plus did you not watch Ozil at Real, the guy was amazing, he was their main creative outlet, and he raked a high number of assists every season(I believe the highest in Europe in the past 3 years), you just cannot erase that overnight because he isn't performing for Arsenal.

You can go on all day about how he's been disappointing at arsenal, and i would agree with you completely, because at the business end of the season, he has gone missing and is hurting us a lot. But that is not grounds for revisionism, because he was without any doubt world class for Real, and I doubt you were so sceptical of him in the past few years.
World class in a 2 team monopoly league does not make u world class against the best teams in the world. I have been far more impressed with Ramsey than Ozil tbh. Performing against Levante and Grenada is a lot easier than doing it against the top 6 in the EPL. If Ozil's team is not outplaying the opposition team u hardly see him play. That is not a world class player i am sorry.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
World class in a 2 team monopoly league does not make u world class against the best teams in the world. I have been far more impressed with Ramsey than Ozil tbh. Performing against Levante and Grenada is a lot easier than doing it against the top 6 in the EPL. If Ozil's team is not outplaying the opposition team u hardly see him play. That is not a world class player i am sorry.
The thing is, when he's on top form, he's one of the main reasons his team outplays the opposition, and to be honest he didn't have this big game complex at Real Madrid, the guy was very good in Real's games against Barcelona, and in the CL against teams like United, Bayern and Milan.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
The thing is, when he's on top form, he's one of the main reasons his team outplays the opposition, and to be honest he didn't have this big game complex at Real Madrid, the guy was very good in Real's games against Barcelona, and in the CL against teams like United, Bayern and Milan.
Again u are talking about Madrid, we are talking about him at Arsenal. He has simply performed badly against the tougher teams so far this season. He should be helping his team when they are not playing well but he just doesn't. He doesn't drop deeper to start the play when his team has to defend and he doesn't tackle or track runs. He is simply a passenger in those big matches. When Arsenal are on top of teams like Fulham and Stoke he will add a lot of creativity to the team as the opposition is pushed further back and Arsenal are dominating midfield.

He is not effective against the top teams when Arsenal dont have it all their own way. He is not a player u want in your team when u are playing a very difficult game where your team will come under some heavy pressure. I really think Bayern will end the game after 1 leg again like last season. Ozil wont be effective against Bayern just watch. Him losing possession twice against Liverpool led to 2 of their goals last week. Sure Arsenal as a team were very poor but if he is a world class player surely he should be doing more than just walking around watching the game pass him by?

Vialli_92 has to be the dumbest motherfucker on this forum.
Explain to me how i am "the dumbest motherfucker on this forum" please. If thats all u can say without backing it up thats not really saying much is it? I bet u are one those stats guys who only judges players on stats and ignores how they played for the whole game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 123)