[ENG] Premier League 2013/2014 (6 Viewers)

Pablo

Jul 9, 2010
LOLZ.

Great to watch. I work in Manchester, and I am feeling very smug, a I said all along this would happen.

The way they play, signings, injuries, attitudes, press conferences, the lot. I predicted every bit of it.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
LOLZ.

Great to watch. I work in Manchester, and I am feeling very smug, a I said all along this would happen.

The way they play, signings, injuries, attitudes, press conferences, the lot. I predicted every bit of it.
Why are you so bitter against Moyes?

Didn't the guy build the foundations of this current Everton team? Did he not contribute greatly to the scouting system and youth development at Everton. I've only read and heard great things about his time at Everton. I'm really surprised at your attitude towards him.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
MU's situation is nothing like Milan's or Inter's, they'll be back very soon. That being said Chelsea are dumb for selling Mata to them.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
so now that Mata seems about ready to sign with United, how do you think they would line up, once they have their full team available?

I've been trying to think of formations that would get the best out of all players, and the best I've come up with so far is:

--------------De Gea--------------------
Rafael-----Jones-----Vidic--------Evra----
----------------Carrick----------------
----------Fellaini--------Fletcher-------
----------------Mata-----------------
--------Rooney---------RVP----------

Your thoughts?

Pablo

Jul 9, 2010
Why are you so bitter against Moyes?

Didn't the guy build the foundations of this current Everton team? Did he not contribute greatly to the scouting system and youth development at Everton. I've only read and heard great things about his time at Everton. I'm really surprised at your attitude towards him.

I wanted Moyes gone from Everton over 2 years ago, because of all what you are seeing now.

The things he said when he left, ruined the relationship he had. He showed us no respect.

The receiption he got on his last Everton home game, should tell you respect we had for him, weather you wanted him gone of not.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
so now that Mata seems about ready to sign with United, how do you think they would line up, once they have their full team available?

I've been trying to think of formations that would get the best out of all players, and the best I've come up with so far is:

Your thoughts?
That is a very good formation, but I strongly doubt they'd use that. First of all English football worship wingers; I can't think of any team other than Chelsea to play a diamond midfield in recent history, and even they didn't use it for that long. Secondly, United especially have been a team reliant on wingers for a while now, they have about 4-5 of them at their squad, what will they do with them if they decide to use a diamond midfield?

Pablo

Jul 9, 2010
People need to remember, that on paper these formations look good. But Moyes is not a natural offensive manager, and after watching his teams for 11 years, I dont think he has the top level ability to impliment these tactics.

A defensive approach / mentality, can only get you so far these days.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Mata's move to Manchester United is unfair, claims Wenger

Jan 23, 2014 11:44:00 AM

The Gunners boss is annoyed that the Spaniard will not be able to play against the Blues this season, but will be free to play against their other title rivals for the Red Devils

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger believes Juan Mata's proposed move from Chelsea to Manchester United is unfair and feels the rules of the transfer window should be adapted.

The Frenchman is annoyed that the two clubs involved in the transfer do not have to play each other again this season, but that United will still meet the Blues' title challengers - Liverpool, Manchester City and the Gunners - with Mata in their ranks.

United have prepared a temporary helipad at Carrington as the Spaniard flies in to complete a £37 million club record transfer on Thursday, but Wenger believes the timing is wrong.

"It opens again a little bit the opportunity of this transfer market because Chelsea had already played twice against Man United so they don't play again," he told reporters.

"They could have sold him last week but it opens at least the opportunity [to question] the dates of this transfer window.

"Some teams have already played twice against one opponent and some others not. I think if you want to respect the fairness for everybody exactly the same, that should not happen.

"I just think you would want that everybody is on the same level. Chelsea do not make the rules but maybe the rules should be a bit more adapted to more fairness."

Wenger, who sold Robin van Persie to Manchester United in 2012, is puzzled by the Mata move.

"I am surprised because Juan Mata is a great player and Chelsea sell a great player to a direct opponent," he continued.

Wenger also backed David Moyes to ride out United's rough patch, after the club were knocked out of the Capital One Cup semi-finals by Sunderland on Thursday.

"You have to survive massive disappointments and keep your belief high in what you do because to win is easy for everybody," he added.

"How to live with defeat, that is what managers are about, and David Moyes is strong enough. For me he deals with the situation very well.

"They go through a difficult moment in their season but they can still come back. They are in a strong position in the Champions League and they just bought a great player, so Man United has still to be considered a threat."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:lol:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

Your thoughts?
I've heard suggestions that they might play Mata on the right of a 4-2-3-1. Boh, I think the formation you posted seems very strong. Utd have too many wingers and have always used them. I don't think they'll play a narrow formation.

That front three is superb. The rest of that team is cack as fuck.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

Your thoughts?
So change system for one player, and play 4-3-1-2, when their weakness is lack of good CMs? And play a formation that doesnt play a single winger, when you have Antonio Valencia, Adnan Januzaj, Ashley Young, Nani (not that he would stay long) and Wilfried Zaha there. Not to mention Kagawa who isnt a winger but who can play there, besides being direct back up for Mata. Thats whole lot of players with expensive contracts, or need playing time to keep flourishing (Januzaj), that would get benched and possibly sold (which would be harder if they play half a season without wingers, and they all see little time, value drops).

IMO its more likely they will play 4-2-3-1 or basically 4-4-1-1 (its the same really), either RVP keeps struggling with injury and Rooney and Mata is upfront, or Rooney who's contract runs out 2015 summer, will be sold (doubt he will re-sign, if he will, has to be soon) and Mata directly takes his spot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)