Endless Summer Mercato 2016 (173 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Regarding Sissoko... Is he really as bad as some here say? Just watched a Youtube video and he looks very explosive, great tackling, passes well, has many assists both in terms of passes and crosses, and there are a few goals.

To be honest I've never seen him play apart from at the EURO. And in that tournament, I thought he looked like a very good player.

So, my question: Is he really that bad?

(I do realize that a Youtube vid can make even the most $#@!ty player look great.)

This is the vid I just watched btw:

I don't think he is. His first season at
Newcastle was actually good. Second wasn't that bad whilst last season was worst and most are basing their opinions on that. Oddly I won't be too upset if he comes but only at the right price. That price will drop come last day of the market. He got worse end of last season and in his defense he played all if not almost every game for them. Most of all don't forget despite him playing with poor players he was used on right wing often under benitez and his shooting and crossing was poor. But we're never gonna play him on the right, so taking with a pinch of salt some of his performances we can ignore. Overall his certainly not as bad as people here make out to be. We need a midfielder. Time is running out, if it's sissoko then so be it. His still got qualities which will prove useful but again, only at the right price. We should aim for a loan. :beppe:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I don't think he is. His first season at
Newcastle was actually good. Second wasn't that bad whilst last season was worst and most are basing their opinions on that. Oddly I won't be too upset if he comes but only at the right price. That price will drop come last day of the market. He got worse end of last season and in his defense he played all if not almost every game for them.
I see. Well, he does have some interesting characteristics. Is he error-prone? Misplaced passes, Hernanesque loss of possession in dangerous areas etc.?

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I see. Well, he does have some interesting characteristics. Is he error-prone? Misplaced passes, Hernanesque loss of possession in dangerous areas etc.?
Error prone, yes seen him misplacing passes but then I can't say as I've not seen him as often just match of the day. a bit wreckless, ask Lucas leiva. However it's the environment that makes him a better player as we saw in euros. If the coach puts faith in him he repays. He did it few times at Newcastle when he was handed the captains armband and then Newcastle went on an unbeaten run.

https://www.premierleague.com/players/4549/Moussa-Sissoko/stats

Check out his Prem stats.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Error prone, yes seen him misplacing passes but then I can't say as I've not seen him as often just match of the day. a bit wreckless, ask Lucas leiva. However it's the environment that makes him a better player as we saw in euros. If the coach puts faith in him he repays. He did it few times at Newcastle when he was handed the captains armband and then Newcastle went on an unbeaten run.

https://www.premierleague.com/players/4549/Moussa-Sissoko/stats

Check out his Prem stats.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I'd avoid Moussa. Not a technical enough player for Allegri.
That's partly true but if we want someone different, physique, explosive and we can mold him to track back which he will if he plays in midfield in May go alright. I know that the biggest criticism he used to get was for his shooting, distribution and maradona like runs which ended up nowhere. He just needs to be brought back into a proper central midfielder role with limited resonsibilitys. When your at Newcastle you gotta carry a whole team. Here, he won't need to and hopefully just concentrate on simple passes. Back to basics.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Haven't made up my mind yet :p

I do like some of his attributes, I must admit. And I notice on whoscored it says his pass accuracy was 88 % in most of the games at the EUROs. So perhaps you're right, that he thrives when he's in a better environment and plays alongside better players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 172)