Endless Summer Mercato 2016 (22 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanTheMan5

Aug 1, 2014
James+Kroos+Morata deal+maybe a bit of cash for Pogba. At least one of the mids from Madrid and Morata and cash. If we sold Pogba for straight cash, teams would be able to gouge us afterwards or at least know we are sitting on a mound of cash.

May 22, 2007
Give me one all rounder player who is better than Pogba?

Hamsik - Sure he is a great player but I dont think this is where our management are aiming..
To be honest with you, I think Marchisio has been more valuable to Juventus than Pogba over the last couple of seasons.

Extending that to the entire world, there are a few names that are obviously up there. A certain someone that left Juve last summer for example. Pogba is still maturing into the finished article, maybe somewhere soon he'll be at that high level.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
James+Kroos+Morata deal+maybe a bit of cash for Pogba. At least one of the mids from Madrid and Morata and cash. If we sold Pogba for straight cash, teams would be able to gouge us afterwards or at least know we are sitting on a mound of cash.
And to avoid it you keep your deals a secret and have a replacement already lined up before you sell. Beppe surely knows that, which is what really surprised me about the Vidal sale.

- - - Updated - - -

What's the problem? He was great in his first stint here.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
And to avoid it you keep your deals a secret and have a replacement already lined up before you sell. Beppe surely knows that, which is what really surprised me about the Vidal sale.

- - - Updated - - -

Bit inconsistent. Was disappointed he couldnt bench Poulsen in his first stint but i am happy to see him as the player he has become today.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Bit inconsistent. Was disappointed he couldnt bench Poulsen in his first stint but i am happy to see him as the player he has become today.
To be fair to him the entire team was inconsistent at the time. We had our ageing stars who were retiring one by one plus an erratic transfer strategy - managers included.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
To be fair to him the entire team was inconsistent at the time. We had our ageing stars who were retiring one by one plus an erratic transfer strategy - managers included.
I personally think he could've done more. Poulsen underperforming, Sissoko getting suspended every alternate every game and Tiago being Tiago. He really dint take his chances here even though he showed glimpses of his brilliance. I for one would be delighted to welcome him back. It seems like yesterday that i saw him dazzling with the primavera with Giovinco and the likes.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
I personally think he could've done more. Poulsen underperforming, Sissoko getting suspended every alternate every game and Tiago being Tiago. He really dint take his chances here even though he showed glimpses of his brilliance. I for one would be delighted to welcome him back. It seems like yesterday that i saw him dazzling with the primavera with Giovinco and the likes.
Interesting you mention Giovinco there. For me the real difference was a lack of patience. Luka wanted the big leagues and he wanted them NOW (meaning back then). Giovinco on the other hand was happy to bide his time at Empoli (alongside Claudio of course) because he loved the club so much. I guess Modric's Italian grandfather didn't instill enough of the grinta in him as a child. A pity.

Although one could argue that Modric has been proven right by Cronios once again - the only evidence required is a simple comparison of their two careers.

Not sure how I feel about him coming back after he's given his best years to Madrid and the EPL after all we did for him. Fabregas was never the same at Barca after Arsenal, for example.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Interesting you mention Giovinco there. For me the real difference was a lack of patience. Luka wanted the big leagues and he wanted them NOW (meaning back then). Giovinco on the other hand was happy to bide his time at Empoli (alongside Claudio of course) because he loved the club so much. I guess Modric's Italian grandfather didn't instill enough of the grinta in him as a child. A pity.

Although one could argue that Modric has been proven right by Cronios once again - the only evidence required is a simple comparison of their two careers.

Not sure how I feel about him coming back after he's given his best years to Madrid and the EPL after all we did for him. Fabregas was never the same at Barca after Arsenal, for example.
Not just Cronios but i remember Hustini vehemently defending him wanting him to start when majority of the forum wanted a Poulsen-Sissoko pivot. Probably one of the few things Hustini has got it right.

I dont know if he'd be the second coming of Fabregas though. Luka keeps mentioning in interviews how indebted he feels towards Juve and wants to give us something back. I think motivation level is still high in him plus he's an eclectic player so that should be help our cause too.

Mar 3, 2014
James or bust if Pogba is sold. I would also make sure we got Modric back.

How would everyone feel about James, Modric, and Cash?

- - - Updated - - -

I meant "back" as in "in return" not returning to his former team.

If I actually thought Modric played for us, I should be exiled.

That being said, I do think that Modric could adequately replace Pogba in the near term, especially if we use the remaining proceeds to boost the other areas of the squad.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I meant "back" as in "in return" not returning to his former team.

If I actually thought Modric played for us, I should be exiled.

That being said, I do think that Modric could adequately replace Pogba in the near term, especially if we use the remaining proceeds to boost the other areas of the squad.

nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)