Endless Summer Mercato 2016 (34 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
How realistic is the Sanchez move? I dont see it happening. I wouldnt mind it, and with his current form, he might be slightly discounted, but I think he will stay at Arsenal.

In an ideal world we would bring back Zlatan. We bring him back and its a guaranteed 2 more league titles and he will help us get to at least the semi finals of the CL. Will it happen? Not likely. I would die a happy man getting the chance to see him play here again after only being teased with his presence before watching him own the Serie A with both Milan clubs.

Sometimes I feel like this club is the equivalent of the Green Bay Packers. We have our own version of Ted Thompson as our GM. We dont try and get the big free agents or big trade (transfer) targets. We settle. Im sick of settling. I wanna switch to Direct TV. I want Zlatan + some. I want to be in the same conversation as Barca, Bayern and Real.

@acmilan

:rofl:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
He'll yeah!!

Aurier+Pastore 45mins :donedeal::tuttosport::tuttosport::donedeal:

Sneak in cavani if possible then beppe has proven himself as God of all gm's, presidents and anything football related.
No thank you!
Pastore is the most overrated Argentinian since Ortega!
Aurier - Dont know, heard he has some personality issues!
Cavani - Sign him!

This would be ideal to me.

1. Leicester
2. Tottenham
3. West Ham
4. Arsenal

Best season ever in the EPL.
The funniest part is that Ranieri is probably the biggest loser ever stepped foot in the game! He even took control of us and didnt quite make it
Every place he got a chance he failed!
Now he got Leicester not exactly a championship material on paper and before the start of the season people would have claimed they are relegation battlers yet minus and minus became plus! Against all odds and with his toughest team to achieve this he does it with Leicester!

P.S - What about Ganz and Lapadula - are they strongly linked or is it unlikely we will get any of them?

Last thing - Guidetti the swede from Celta Vigo - Anyone heard about him? I heard about him just now, heard he is being called Zlatan 2.0... I must say his youtube videos didnt impress me much but if you know him and he is indeed 2.0 then we need to consider him

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
No thank you!
Pastore is the most overrated Argentinian since Ortega!
Aurier - Dont know, heard he has some personality issues!
Cavani - Sign him!

The funniest part is that Ranieri is probably the biggest loser ever stepped foot in the game! He even took control of us and didnt quite make it
Every place he got a chance he failed!
Now he got Leicester not exactly a championship material on paper and before the start of the season people would have claimed they are relegation battlers yet minus and minus became plus! Against all odds and with his toughest team to achieve this he does it with Leicester!

P.S - What about Ganz and Lapadula - are they strongly linked or is it unlikely we will get any of them?

Last thing - Guidetti the swede from Celta Vigo - Anyone heard about him? I heard about him just now, heard he is being called Zlatan 2.0... I must say his youtube videos didnt impress me much but if you know him and he is indeed 2.0 then we need to consider him
He took the team one season after Calciopoli. Thats not a serious chance at a title. He also got to coach Roma and was a couple of matches away from beating Mourinho's treble winning inter to the title.

I wouldn't say he failed at winning, he never got to coach a team that were clearly superior to rivals and failed to win. He usually coached underdogs and got close to winning and then regressed before getting the sack. What he is doing now is more impressive than what any coach has ever done in recent history. Taking a side that should be fighting for relegation into the top 4 in England if not winning the whole damn thing. I really hope he wins it.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
70m + Morata for Ronaldo would you do it? Ignore the wages lol
This is quite ridiculous as we can have 0 for Ibrahimovic (ignoring wages)
Ronaldo is someone we can build a team around as he is not 34
Its quite a dilemma as Ronaldo is a fantastic player the 2nd best in the world but there is also a downside as I`m not sure Dybala and Ronaldo would compliment each other! I see the signing of Ronaldo overshadows Dybala development so the real question is Do you believe Dybala will stay here for long and Do you believe Dybala will be a mega superstar (I mean a real superstar not just a leading scorer or a good player for us - for example Higuain is not a superstar in that kind of level - Tevez was!)
To tell you the truth I dont think he will but I also know its a crime to keep him if you get someone like Ronaldo in the team!

Zlatan is a different kind of player so I think they could work together!
The best Dybala can have is a player who is a goalscorer and is a fast and technical player. Cavani might not possess the technicality of Ibra but he does fits the bill (so does Benzema but I dont think anyone would want this douche here)

- - - Updated - - -

He took the team one season after Calciopoli. Thats not a serious chance at a title. He also got to coach Roma and was a couple of matches away from beating Mourinho's treble winning inter to the title.

I wouldn't say he failed at winning, he never got to coach a team that were clearly superior to rivals and failed to win. He usually coached underdogs and got close to winning and then regressed before getting the sack. What he is doing now is more impressive than what any coach has ever done in recent history. Taking a side that should be fighting for relegation into the top 4 in England if not winning the whole damn thing. I really hope he wins it.
I dont know - The way he is going through isnt a bad one but results are what that count!
If you look at his resume - He never won a championship so this Leicester season is also changing his tag from a loser to a winner!
As for what you said - Yes I agree his Leicester season is amazing although I`m not sure if no one ever done it before (Kaiserslautern)

Jun 6, 2015
This is quite ridiculous as we can have 0 for Ibrahimovic (ignoring wages)
Ronaldo is someone we can build a team around as he is not 34
Its quite a dilemma as Ronaldo is a fantastic player the 2nd best in the world but there is also a downside as I`m not sure Dybala and Ronaldo would compliment each other! I see the signing of Ronaldo overshadows Dybala development so the real question is Do you believe Dybala will stay here for long and Do you believe Dybala will be a mega superstar (I mean a real superstar not just a leading scorer or a good player for us - for example Higuain is not a superstar in that kind of level - Tevez was!)
To tell you the truth I dont think he will but I also know its a crime to keep him if you get someone like Ronaldo in the team!

Zlatan is a different kind of player so I think they could work together!
The best Dybala can have is a player who is a goalscorer and is a fast and technical player. Cavani might not possess the technicality of Ibra but he does fits the bill (so does Benzema but I dont think anyone would want this douche here)

- - - Updated - - -

I dont know - The way he is going through isnt a bad one but results are what that count!
If you look at his resume - He never won a championship so this Leicester season is also changing his tag from a loser to a winner!
As for what you said - Yes I agree his Leicester season is amazing although I`m not sure if no one ever done it before (Kaiserslautern)
You just described Ronaldo there. Hypothetically Ronaldo-Dybala would be one heck of a partnership.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I'd take him to play with Pogba as he seems like a good prospect. I think there were some links last season already with him.
Thats what we should be doing.

Invest in a talent now and get him to play with the likes of Pogba so that in appropriate time is ready to take over when Pogba leaves eventually.
When i mean take over,i'm not suggesting he has to do all that Pogba does but just become an important midfield presence so it makes our job of sustaining the quality in that area a lot more easier.
And that talent doesnt necessarily have to be Andre Gomes.It could be anybody for that matter.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
You just described Ronaldo there. Hypothetically Ronaldo-Dybala would be one heck of a partnership.
I know but Ronaldo`s personality on the field is something that would contradict their partnership instead of complimenting it!
Ronaldo`s type of game would lean the play on him and make Dybala`s use as support striker not as good as Dybala and Cavani for instance!
Zlatan could coexist with Dybala because Zlatan might take plays on him but the thing that he isnt a fast player would mean that all the things we would need a runner for would be on Dybala and not Ibra
You could argue with a 4-3-3 formation but then again its a risk as it could really work as it does with Barca or fail big time!

As for Pogba - I dont think he will leave! and if he does we would probably get few players to strengthen our team rather than buy a same type of player and play the same!
Remember when we sold Zidane - We bought Nedved who played LM (at least at the start) Thuram and Buffon - we didnt go for Aimar or some kind of AM playmaker - We changed the way we play from center to the wings!

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
I know but Ronaldo`s personality on the field is something that would contradict their partnership instead of complimenting it!
Ronaldo`s type of game would lean the play on him and make Dybala`s use as support striker not as good as Dybala and Cavani for instance!
Zlatan could coexist with Dybala because Zlatan might take plays on him but the thing that he isnt a fast player would mean that all the things we would need a runner for would be on Dybala and not Ibra
You could argue with a 4-3-3 formation but then again its a risk as it could really work as it does with Barca or fail big time!

As for Pogba - I dont think he will leave! and if he does we would probably get few players to strengthen our team rather than buy a same type of player and play the same!
Remember when we sold Zidane - We bought Nedved who played LM (at least at the start) Thuram and Buffon - we didnt go for Aimar or some kind of AM playmaker - We changed the way we play from center to the wings!
The thing is back then we were among the top 4 when in terms of financial strength, and Serie A was still a top destination. The players we signed were from within the league. And players price are not inflated as well.

Now compare that to the current situation, we sell Pogba for 100m, players are so inflated that a youngster would cost a min 40 mil. Then we got to compete with the more clubs who are financially bigger, and the league is no longer attractive for some, like how Marotta failed in his attempt to bring Gundogan, citing the player prefers to join a different league.

So it's not exactly as easy as back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)