Draxler: "In August, there were
several discussions, Juventus tried
to reach an agreement with Schalke
on the price tag."

Draxler: "If Juventus reached an
agreement with Schalke, i would
have been playing in Turin now."

Key point here :

Dont take Beppe's statements as a given.He lies too.
Did you just find that out? He's a business man and like all business men he will lie through his teeth.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Julian Draxler reveals he “would’ve been happy to join Juventus and agreed terms, but they didn’t strike a deal with Schalke.”

The creative midfielder had been the number one target for Juve last summer, but eventually joined Wolfsburg for €36m.

“During the year I looked upon Juve with curiosity,” Draxler told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“If in October, considering the results, I thought I’d avoided a potential banana skin with the departures of Andrea Pirlo, Arturo Vidal and Carlos Tevez, I must admit that in hindsight it would’ve been nice to win the Scudetto and Coppa Italia.

“There was a lot of criticism at that stage, including for Paulo Dybala, but the quality of the side emerged in the long run. For example, in my view, Juve deserved to go through in the Champions League against Bayern.

“I would’ve had a lot of fun playing for such a strong team with people like Paul Pogba and Dybala. There is a calmer atmosphere at Wolfsburg and the media pressure is easier to deal with too. That’s why I decided to come here, to grow in a relaxed way.

“It was an honour that Juventus wanted me and tried for so long to get the signature. It is a club I had always followed with interest.

“In August there were several different meetings as they tried to reach an agreement with Schalke on the transfer fee. I had agreed terms with Juventus already, as far as I was concerned it was a done deal, but the two clubs couldn’t agree.

“At the last minute Wolfsburg sold Kevin De Bruyne and contacted me to replace him. This is a big club that won two trophies last season and it gave me the chance to stay in Germany.

“Wolfsburg and Schalke agreed terms immediately, so I decided to accept that second option. If the negotiations with Juventus had been shorter, I would be in Turin today.

“I needed something new and my growth process had stalled, so I told Schalke I wanted to leave and to listen to any offers that arrived. I knew they expected a lot of money, but I was clear in my desire to be sold.”

OP
JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #8,727
    Wolfsburg paid what, €35m for him? It's not really a surprise we tried to negotiate that down. Talking of avoiding banana skins...

Aug 26, 2014
    so he chose wolfsburg because of the lack of pressure. what a pussy.

- - - Updated - - -

we are liked to him, yes. fapworthy if true.
    PSG will love us even more. And another question how are they producing so much quality youth lately?? That should be checked out poach some of their staff too :D

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #8,737
    PSG will love us even more. And another question how are they producing so much quality youth lately?? That should be checked out poach some of their staff too :D
    France have had good kids since the days Clairefontaine was built, plus Paris is a huge city, and PSG are completely unrivaled nationally in terms of attraction. They are probably poaching a lot of the best ones at a younger age. It's not like in Italy where the best kids could sign for a number of big sides.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    Wolfsburg paid what, €35m for him? It's not really a surprise we tried to negotiate that down. Talking of avoiding banana skins...
    Strange player, strange season.

He was excellent in the CL this year in almost every match I watched them play. But very mediocre in Bundesliga, and one of the main under performers that contributed to Wolfsburg dropping all the way from 2nd to 8th this year.

Kind of like Morata. Great in Europe, mediocre in the league.

May 22, 2007
    And knowing us, we will sign mkhitaryan, you will see. He is the easier option I think
    Is this a bad thing? Wasn't he just declared best player in Germany?

Looks like a dynamic player (something Juventus would need) that has a ton of goals and assists and looks to be in the best form of his career.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)