Endless Summer Mercato 2016 (19 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 3, 2014
----------------Higuain---Dybala------------------
----------------------James------------------------
-------Matuidi-------------------Khedira----------
----------------------Pjanic------------------------
Sandro----Chiellini--------Barzagli------Alves---
--------------------Buffon-------------------------

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
James is not happening guys. Don't get your hopes up. Matuidi is a good chance and Cuadrado might be a 50/50. James would cost a bomb and I don't see the management doing this deal particularly as it would require us to change the way we play. I just don't see it happening. It would be nice, but it aint happening.

Jul 13, 2010
James is not happening guys. Don't get your hopes up. Matuidi is a good chance and Cuadrado might be a 50/50. James would cost a bomb and I don't see the management doing this deal particularly as it would require us to change the way we play. I just don't see it happening. It would be nice, but it aint happening.
i think when possibility of godlike player like james arrive, you have to change no matter what

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I did some numbers (on top of transfers already done). If we assume we pick up Matuidi for 28m and sign him on a 4 year contract worth 4.5m net, sign James for 60m on a 5 year contract on same wages as Higuain, don't get Cuadrado on loan, yet sell Hernanes and Zaza + give 8m in gross wage rises collectively to Bonucci and Dybala.........here is the outcome:

In Year 1, our pre-tax earnings will be UP by ~EU60m because of the gains we made on sales from Pogba, Morata, and Zaza etc
In Year 2, our pre-tax earnings will be DOWN by ~EU70m.

Of course, this is assuming FLAT revenue. So in other words, the club would need to be fairly confident that they can increase their revenue by around 18% over the next 2 years to keep the club breaking even.

Is it doable? YES. Is it risky? YES. So I am not sure how they would think about that.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
I did some numbers (on top of transfers already done). If we assume we pick up Matuidi for 28m and sign him on a 4 year contract worth 4.5m net, sign James for 60m on a 5 year contract on same wages as Higuain, don't get Cuadrado on loan, yet sell Hernanes and Zaza + give 8m in gross wage rises collectively to Bonucci and Dybala.........here is the outcome:

In Year 1, our pre-tax earnings will be UP by ~EU60m because of the gains we made on sales from Pogba, Morata, and Zaza etc

Of course, this is assuming FLAT revenue. So in other words, the club would need to be fairly confident that they can increase their revenue by around 18% over the next 2 years to keep the club breaking even.

Is it doable? YES. Is it risky? YES. So I am not sure how they would think about that.
Totally doable if we could get a new sponsor or two.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011

DO IT!!!

JuveID

Allegri and Beppe Mania
Feb 5, 2015

Did you count some players sold and arrive since it's paid over years?

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Did you count some players sold and arrive since it's paid over years?
Counted all the players bought and sold. This is the "accounting" effect and thus ignores cash flows associated with the payment schedule. Would be hard to do as I don't have all of the details on every transfer payment schedule. Just note though that FFP (Financial Fair Play) is derived from accounting profits and not cash flows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)