Endless Summer Mercato 2016 (43 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
I dare you to show me the exact quote from a reliable source on the first line.

Maybe there was no contact from manchester for Pogba at the time. Just like I'm sure man utd haven't made contact for Dybala but they might next summer

- - - Updated - - -

he misleads or are you mislead? he never said that first quote word for word
marotta has being lying a lot this mercato.I don’t know what to believe anymore.
http://www.skysports.com/football/n...elease-clause-says-president-giuseppe-marotta
man utd and every team can make offer for our players. i feel like people need this reconfirmation everyday.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
James would mean 4-3-1-2 without a doubt. An old favourite formation of Allegri.

Matuidi - Pjanic - Marchisio - Khedira - Asamoah all rotating and competing. With possibly Pjaca or Pjanic also covering for James, plus a lot of 3-5-2 shenanigans in the league.
Actually it could also be a 3-4-1-2 formation which means one of the midfielders will be in a more advanced position - Roma played that formation when they won the scudetto with Capello

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
marotta has being lying a lot this mercato.I don’t know what to believe anymore.
http://www.skysports.com/football/n...elease-clause-says-president-giuseppe-marotta
man utd and every team can make offer for our players. i feel like people need this reconfirmation everyday.
No mention of Pjanic though.

Any ways the fact is we are no way getting both James and Matuidi, James was always an unrealistic target, he doesn't want to leave for one and I don't think the club are prepared to sell him unless they claw back a good portion of what they paid for him which we won't meet

Jun 6, 2015
Actually it could also be a 3-4-1-2 formation which means one of the midfielders will be in a more advanced position - Roma played that formation when they won the scudetto with Capello
No matter what formation we have played in recent years we have always used one deep lying mid, I don't see that changing this season. 3-5-2 and 4-3-something will be our main formations might see the hybrid 4-4-2 at times if Cuadrado comes.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
No mention of Pjanic though.

Any ways the fact is we are no way getting both James and Matuidi, James was always an unrealistic target, he doesn't want to leave for one and I don't think the club are prepared to sell him unless they claw back a good portion of what they paid for him which we won't meet
we got 70m from Pogba and 15m from Pereyra plus 25m more if we sell Zaza.(or more 10m from hernanes)
70+15+25=110
or
70+15+10=95
we surly can.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
My line of thinking is this

James MUST play

Pjanic MUST play

Dani Alves and Alex Sandro are our two most offensively gifted full backs too. So that would leave a 3-5-2/3-4-1-2 of epic unbalanced proportions. That would be horrible stuff.

Of course you could argue that we could swap some of these players out for more defensive ones to accommodate James, but then the likes of Pjanic would be running for the exit door. Not happening.

We will certainly not play a 3-4-1-2 with our personnel for long periods of time. If we do, we're fucked.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Finance wise, I don't see why it's not possible for say 60M though.

When Zaza is gone and Matuidi comes in, we're more or less breaking even are we not? So we haven't even touched our own Summer budget.

I'm sceptical though. Seems too good to be true.

Jul 13, 2010
My line of thinking is this

James MUST play

Pjanic MUST play

Dani Alves and Alex Sandro are our two most offensively gifted full backs too. So that would leave a 3-5-2/3-4-1-2 of epic unbalanced proportions. That would be horrible stuff.

Of course you could argue that we could swap some of these players out for more defensive ones to accommodate James, but then the likes of Pjanic would be running for the exit door. Not happening.

We will certainly not play a 3-4-1-2 with our personnel for long periods of time. If we do, we're $#@!ed.
yeah if you are going with two strikers and AM, you cant go with 3 at the back. its the 4312 or nothing. 3412 is insane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)