Emre Can (12 Viewers)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
According to most pundits I've heard, he has been really good for Dortmund since coming, a crucial member of their squad.

surprised me, cause this season he was despicable every time he played for us
Well it's not like any of our other midfielders actually shine dramatically brighter than him when they play

It's all fucked rather

Jun 7, 2003
Because he's a Dortmund-level player, always was always will be 2nd tier.
But what about Peruzzis Mistake when Lars Ricken made the lob, does it make him 2nd tier Goalkeeper?

That obviously was a joke, Peruzzi was very good. The point is in CL we have only one title more than Dortmund and they have dethroned us from it. We are in the same categorie trophy wise as Benfica and Porto. Even Intermerda has more trophies than us, that is embarrassing. We have to win 2-3 in a row with CR7!!!

I get what you mean, i was never a fan of Emre Can but it is nice to see him playing in Dortmund with the leader mentality. He obviously has learned a lot in Turin.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
But what about Peruzzis Mistake when Lars Ricken made the lob, does it make him 2nd tier Goalkeeper?

That obviously was a joke, Peruzzi was very good. The point is in CL we have only one title more than Dortmund and they have dethroned us from it. We are in the same categorie trophy wise as Benfica and Porto. Even Intermerda has more trophies than us, that is embarrassing. We have to win 2-3 in a row with CR7!!!

I get what you mean, i was never a fan of Emre Can but it is nice to see him playing in Dortmund with the leader mentality. He obviously has learned a lot in Turin.
CL isn't everything ffs.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
CL isn't everything ffs.
Maybe not everything, but it's very important. After pummeling teams in your local league for almost a decade, you need to step up, and we have failed in that respect.

The failure isn't so much the failure to win, but the failure to build on what we had, dismantling, arguably, the most important unit a team aspiring to control and dominate games must have - the midfield.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Maybe not everything, but it's very important. After pummeling teams in your local league for almost a decade, you need to step up, and we have failed in that respect.

The failure isn't so much the failure to win, but the failure to build on what we had, dismantling, arguably, the most important unit a team aspiring to control and dominate games must have - the midfield.
Dude, I'm not gonna dignify Dortmund by arguing why they're 2nd tier and we're 1st. It's insulting to Juve.

Last edited:

Boksic

May 11, 2005
IMHO, Can was a much better player than any of the Jabroni we have now in midfield barring Pjanic and Khedira.

Even Mandzu might have been a better left back than Danilo
Nah he was a flop. The performances and results when he played this season were really poor. He didn't do enough to earn a place ahead of the other mids.

If we played as a 4-2-3-1 he might as worked as a DM but not in our 3 man mid where he either needs to contribute to an attack or be a regista.

Agree on Mandzukic though.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Nah he was a flop. The performances and results when he played this season were really poor. He didn't do enough to earn a place ahead of the other mids.

If we played as a 4-2-3-1 he might as worked as a DM but not in our 3 man mid where he either needs to contribute to an attack or be a regista.

Agree on Mandzukic though.
He played 279 minutes ffs. That's barely 3 games worth of minutes. When exactly was he supposed to earn his place or prove himself?

It's unquestionable he was AT WORST our 3rd best mid. He was inexplicably written off before the season even started.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
He played 279 minutes ffs. That's barely 3 games worth of minutes. When exactly was he supposed to earn his place or prove himself?

It's unquestionable he was AT WORST our 3rd best mid. He was inexplicably written off before the season even started.
I would agree that he was written off early. It was clear that he wasn't a fit for Sarri or his system.

But his performances on the pitch were very poor and hardly gave any reason for Sarri to try him again. Lecce away in particular he was awful. Plus he had hardly commanded a starting position in the entire season before. Compare that with Bentancur, when he got opportunities he earned his place.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
He earned his place last season when he became a regular under Allegri. I'd love to hear a reason why he was inadequate and didn't fit in while Matuidi exists.
Matuidi can play on the left, can press effectively and moves into space. These aren't Can's skillset.

I'd prefer if he wasn't starting for us but that's something Sarri clearly likes. Especially as the alternative was Rabiot who he didn't trust until now. Matuidi and Can are very different players, Sarri obviously prefers what Matuidi brings for his system.

We don't play a system that suits Can. Plus we could sell Can given his age and value.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
He wanted to leave and has considerable transfer value (profit). Matuidi doesn't.
No, it was obvious we needed to sell him once Sarri wrote him off. I'm talking about way before that, he should've started the season as a regular and then sell him if he underperforms. He was decent last season, even great at times and didn't get a chance for anything with Sarri. Excluded from CL, played 3 games in 6 months, ofc he wasn't going to play well.

Matuidi can play on the left, can press effectively and moves into space. These aren't Can's skillset.

I'd prefer if he wasn't starting for us but that's something Sarri clearly likes. Especially as the alternative was Rabiot who he didn't trust until now. Matuidi and Can are very different players, Sarri obviously prefers what Matuidi brings for his system.

We don't play a system that suits Can. Plus we could sell Can given his age and value.
That's bollocks. He did all those things with Allegri last season and easily could've played on the left, wouldn't be his first time. Or move Bentancur there, Can on the right.

He has qualities both Matuidi and Bentancur have and they're both regulars. System fit is a cheap excuse which clearly isn't true. He's playing very successfully in a much more offensive system and league with Favre. Played regularly last season for Allegri who values IQ and movement and tactical intelligence more than anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)