Emre Can (7 Viewers)

Jul 2, 2006
Manchester United, Arsenal and Tottenham are interested in signing Germany midfielder Emre Can, 26, from Juventus. (Metro) 27/1/2020

WHAT DO THESE 3 CLUBS SEE THAT I, a MILLION JUVENTUS FANS WORLDWIDE AND ANYBODY IN A SANE MIND CANNOT?
he is kind of player that needs continuity to perform. he never became a regular here and looked worse than he actually is. matuidi and khedira were the ones that should be not be here in first place.

Buy on AliExpress.com

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
he is kind of player that needs continuity to perform. he never became a regular here and looked worse than he actually is. matuidi and khedira were the ones that should be not be here in first place.
half legged khedira is twice the player emre can ever will be though.

all emre has got is a strong physique and what comes with it, otherwise he's bang average or even worse. his passing is atrocious, his decision making is bernardeschi level, he's slow, not at all creative, can't score regularly, can't dribble, and even his positioning is questionable. he's in his prime years, yet he managed to play only one single outstanding match in this jersey. i agree with those who criticized beppe for sami's extension, khedira's 6m salary at his age is like a huge unnecessary retirement bonus, but emre can never for a second looked to serve his 5m salary either.

the matuidi hate is getting out of hand. he's been a rock solid starter for both allegri and sarri, and matuidi is the last one to blame for the situation. i'd be happy slap beppster and paratici with a frozen fish for the midfield situation, but not the players themselves. they just accepted a contract that nobody with a functioning brain would refuse. the club should do better, plain and simple.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
half legged khedira is twice the player emre can ever will be though.

all emre has got is a strong physique and what comes with it, otherwise he's bang average or even worse. his passing is atrocious, his decision making is bernardeschi level, he's slow, not at all creative, can't score regularly, can't dribble, and even his positioning is questionable. he's in his prime years, yet he managed to play only one single outstanding match in this jersey. i agree with those who criticized beppe for sami's extension, khedira's 6m salary at his age is like a huge unnecessary retirement bonus, but emre can never for a second looked to serve his 5m salary either.

the matuidi hate is getting out of hand. he's been a rock solid starter for both allegri and sarri, and matuidi is the last one to blame for the situation. i'd be happy slap beppster and paratici with a frozen fish for the midfield situation, but not the players themselves. they just accepted a contract that nobody with a functioning brain would refuse. the club should do better, plain and simple.
and that was as a right-back practically lol

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I agree with most of the post except for that Matuidi being a 'rock solid starter' part especially this season where it is clearly evident that it is far from the truth. Even in our turbulent seasons, I've seen Sissoko control a ball and make a pass miles better than what I see from Matuidi these days.

He at this stage is a pseudo footballer who is more qualified to be a long distance runner than being anywhere near a football pitch.

It does seem like being a 'nice guy' and running 20 Kms a game like a headless chicken is enough for some to justify his constant shit performances.

Either that or people are being contrarian for the sake of it.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I agree with most of the post except for that Matuidi being a 'rock solid starter' part especially this season where it is clearly evident that it is far from the truth. Even in our turbulent seasons, I've seen Sissoko control a ball and make a pass miles better than what I see from Matuidi these days.
it's not ball control that makes you a starter, it's the playtime that you get from your coach. matuidi is our player with the 5th most playtime in the league, only bonbon, cr, pjanic and sandy spent more time on the pitch than him. he started 16 of 21 matches, and only sat out two games. the situation might change during the season, but at this point, it's not a matter of opinion to call him a rock solid starter, it's a fact. and i'm not debating here whether he should or shouldn't start, it's too obvious that juventus should have better players in their best lineup than 32 year old matuidi.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
it's not ball control that makes you a starter, it's the playtime that you get from your coach. matuidi is our player with the 5th most playtime in the league, only bonbon, cr, pjanic and sandy spent more time on the pitch than him. he started 16 of 21 matches, and only sat out two games. the situation might change during the season, but at this point, it's not a matter of opinion to call him a rock solid starter, it's a fact. and i'm not debating here whether he should or shouldn't start, it's too obvious that juventus should have better players in their best lineup than 32 year old matuidi.
So ? That once again doesn't justify his bad performances which has been the norm throughout the season. Heck Bernardeschi has had more starts than both Rabiot and Ramsey when he's clearly been one of the worst players on the team this season. It is such a non argument to me.

But I agree, you can say a player like Matuidi has become a victim as a result of poor recruitment from the club. It would have been acceptable had we been in 7th place or trying to claw our way through the top of the league, not when you're aiming to win in Europe.

I hope Sarri is not stubborn to see that Matuidi is simply not good enough to be a consistent starter anymore.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Manchester United, Arsenal and Tottenham are interested in signing Germany midfielder Emre Can, 26, from Juventus. (Metro) 27/1/2020

WHAT DO THESE 3 CLUBS SEE THAT I, a MILLION JUVENTUS FANS WORLDWIDE AND ANYBODY IN A SANE MIND CANNOT?
You know what does teams have in common?
They're in pretty shit form right now and need reinforcements to reach cl next year.
It's more of a taking what's available kinda of deal.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
am i the only who feels that Can could still be a very good footballer (and a great deal for 25mil) even if he failed to succeed here?

dont get me wrong im not at all saying we shouldnt sell him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)