Emre Can (20 Viewers)

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Rugani should have been the one excluded, lets not kid ourselves. Even with Giorgio's injury. Bonucci, DL, Demiral, Can and even Danilo and DS can play CB if needed.
Yeah, just like DeSciglio needed to play at center back in 1/4 finals vs Atalanta with Rugani as a partner and both did awesome job in letting only 3 goals past Woj.

Lets not kid ourselves, your suggestion is to register only three center backs for the first 6 games in CL and hope all of them stay fit, otherwise IF NEEDED we can always play:

1.Emre fucking Can as a center back (position he has never played except in his final season at Bayern Academy BEFORE he joined Bayern`s SECOND TEAM and his first season at Liverpool during the time their coach was Brendan fucking Rogers, since Klopp he`s always played in midfield);

2.DeSciglio (who was awesome against Duvan Zapata last time he played CB) and

3.Danilo (who has never played as a center back, he`s played as a midfielder in his early days and after that - versatile fullback, both on left or right side).

Awesome!

Also, to be clear - both Rugani and Emre Can have no place in Juventus roster and both of them should have been sold this summer, they are not good enough to be a back up for this Juventus side. However, since both of them are still here and with one CB injured for the better part of the season and with 1 player left to register it is the most logical thing to register Rugani as the 4th CB than Emre Can as the 7th midfielder and start the CL with only 3 center backs in the squad.

Apr 29, 2006
This shit is almost unbelievable. Not so very professional by Juventus and the management. I am sure there were monetary reasons too for us not to accept PSG's offer, but its all on us. Even if we had to take a loss we should have sold/loaned him.

Sarri warned everyone about it. It's getting obvious our management didn't even have a plan which players are to be sold. I am all for freebies and Can, Rabiot and Ramsey are top players - but only if we can REGISTER them.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
Yeah, just like DeSciglio needed to play at center back in 1/4 finals vs Atalanta with Rugani as a partner and both did awesome job in letting only 3 goals past Woj.

Lets not kid ourselves, your suggestion is to register only three center backs for the first 6 games in CL and hope all of them stay fit, otherwise IF NEEDED we can always play:

1.Emre fucking Can as a center back (position he has never played except in his final season at Bayern Academy BEFORE he joined Bayern`s SECOND TEAM and his first season at Liverpool during the time their coach was Brendan fucking Rogers, since Klopp he`s always played in midfield);

2.DeSciglio (who was awesome against Duvan Zapata last time he played CB) and

3.Danilo (who has never played as a center back, he`s played as a midfielder in his early days and after that - versatile fullback, both on left or right side).

Awesome!

Also, to be clear - both Rugani and Emre Can have no place in Juventus roster and both of them should have been sold this summer, they are not good enough to be a back up for this Juventus side. However, since both of them are still here and with one CB injured for the better part of the season and with 1 player left to register it is the most logical thing to register Rugani as the 4th CB than Emre Can as the 7th midfielder and start the CL with only 3 center backs in the squad.
You are wrong about Danilo. He sometimes played as a CB in Guardiola's 3-5-2

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Emre Can on Sarri: "Our conversation only lasted a minute & I wasn’t given a reason.. It makes me angry & upset - I’ll draw my own conclusions & talk to the club after returning from international duty.."

- - - Updated - - -

Emre Can: "The coach was not sincere with me.. If I had known before, I would no longer have played at Juventus. I will now draw my conclusions & talk to the company & my agent."

- - - Updated - - -

Emre Can: "I was promised something else by the club last week... PSG came in for me, but I decided to stay at Juventus.. The condition was that I’d be in the Champions League squad list.."

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Poorly handled and seems like a losses opportunity sale.

If I was asked 4 weeks ago to name a player who wouldn't make the CL list based on excessive numbers in the squad his name wouod not have come up.

I don't think he is a world class must starter type but am I missing something here? I think he is a really good midfielder...unless I have juve goggles on?

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Poorly handled and seems like a losses opportunity sale.

If I was asked 4 weeks ago to name a player who wouldn't make the CL list based on excessive numbers in the squad his name wouod not have come up.

I don't think he is a world class must starter type but am I missing something here? I think he is a really good midfielder...unless I have juve goggles on?
Matuidi is the better midfielder for his pressing ability

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Matuidi is the better midfielder for his pressing ability
Matuidi had a good game against napoli and maybe he will find form under Sarri.

Still has be fucked why he was delisted when told he would be in the squad. We had an offer on the table. Makes no fucking sense.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
I actually like Can, I hope he gets to play regularly up until January. Next Summer we'll be looking for a Matuidi replacement, somebody like Can in fact.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)