Emre Can (14 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I mean, when you look at the alternatives, who else can you drop? Matuidi and Khedira are basically starters. Khedira looks ahead of Can as a like for like solution. Matuidi is ahead because he offers something no one else does.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
Yeah... that work out great for Spina at the end... :grin:
Well if you remember well, after giving his best he was registered for the second half of CL.

That he ended up leaving in search of first team playing time is a different matter. That he might have ended up in Parma or Atalanta instead of Roma if he had not done that game vs Atletico is another possibility too.

My point is that, if I were Emre Can and a player that seems completely incompatible to the game style of our coach managed to get in front of me and get the call to CL, I would have to work double as hard to get my spot back.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I mean, when you look at the alternatives, who else can you drop? Matuidi and Khedira are basically starters. Khedira looks ahead of Can as a like for like solution. Matuidi is ahead because he offers something no one else does.
chiellini's injury screwed can's chances. i guess rugani was about to be excluded, but now, the club had no choice. 3 cb's are just not enough, and can probably didn't convince sarri as a cb.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Rugani should have been the one excluded, lets not kid ourselves. Even with Giorgio's injury. Bonucci, DL, Demiral, Can and even Danilo and DS can play CB if needed.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
In the end signing him on a free and giving him those wages was a genius move. Planning for the future there. Congrats Fabio! Now looking forward to the mess created by trying to offload him with those wages.
That is the downside of free transfer, we actually pay the transfer fee to the players through their wages
But the upside of this dealings are if the players can contribute and perform worth of their salary, and that will means his value is pretty much high. And that will be great plusvalenza

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)