Emre Can (35 Viewers)

Jun 6, 2015
Qualities of a complete midfielder? Emre Can? He's a good-ish mid, but vastly overrated by some on here for some reason.
Absolutely. He's strong, has decent enough technique, can shoot well and run with the ball. I'm not saying that at this moment he is anything but a good-ish mid, but he does have the right qualities to become a complete mid imo (good defensively and going forward). I do think he is mentally lost at the moment so maybe Juve is too much for him, but we'll see.

I'm not overrating him at all, I think he is comfortably our fifth choice mid at the moment when everyone is fit.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Allegri said he put him in a position that was a mistake

I'm still happy to give him time
Hes had injuries and health issues while he is still adapting
Who knows, maybe he is not cut for Juve. He said before he arrived here that his orefered position was regista, but yesterday he was lost. Still i would like to give him one more season to see what he can do.

But like i have said many times, and i think this is no secret for anyone, our midfield is unbalanced. The marotta way of "freebies" in the midfield is not cutting it anymore and we REALLY need to spend big bucks (carefully) and bring top tier players like Dybala and ronaldo but on the midfield. The Pogba Pirlo And Vidal (not a freebie) businesses were top notch but you cant hit the jackpot like that again so easily. We will have to spend now.

At the very least 2 B2B players who could enable us to play a 3 man midfield like it should be done, or a 2 man midfield when needed.

I think enough is enough.

We have a legend like CR7 among us, and time is ticking for him. We should pounce next year.

Mookieb10

Apr 5, 2018
I’m willing to give Emre Can more time. He makes some glarring errors, but I think he can be a very good player. We’ve just got to figure out how to utilize him. How did he perform at CB when he’s been deployed?

May 26, 2016
I’m willing to give Emre Can more time. He makes some glarring errors, but I think he can be a very good player. We’ve just got to figure out how to utilize him. How did he perform at CB when he’s been deployed?
Lol, he is not a functioning CB and never will be. This is not FIFA

- - - Updated - - -

needs time to adapt
TIme? dude, this is not a 14 year old boy we are talking about here. How much time is it that your asking for here?

Last edited:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Lol, he is not a functioning CB and never will be. This is not FIFA

- - - Updated - - -

TIme? dude, this is not a 14 year old boy we are talking about here. How much time is it that your asking for here?
Nobody said anything about his age. Dude is coming from a very different league, diff team, coach into being under a very tactically demanding setup and coach. Does Allegri ever just throw players (maybe Ronaldo but otherwise) into the starting eleven? Do some people just seem to forget this over and over again and overreact each time? remember when we signed an over the hill Caceres mid season, could it be because he is familiar and our management sees the value in that in a mid season signing?

No, can't be that i'm sure you are right. He isn't 14 so he must be useless. We wasted that 16mil we had to pay to lure him away numerous other interested top clubs on a useless player. Klopp was wrong to use him as a starter in a season they made it the CL final. Liverpool management must've been dumb too as they tried hard to keep him. Allegri? dumb. Paratici? dumb. Marotta? dumb.

You saw him have a bad game against Lazio and he isn't 14 so what other option is there? None.

And some said he'd complete our midfield. More like complete disaster
I'm glad that I can "sad" your posts now.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
He played decent as a cb in a back three for a time and then he was found out. Positioning wasn't there for a guy used to playing further up the pitch, after a few matches opponents figured it out.

May 26, 2016
Nobody said anything about his age. Dude is coming from a very different league, diff team, coach into being under a very tactically demanding setup and coach. Does Allegri ever just throw players (maybe Ronaldo but otherwise) into the starting eleven? Do some people just seem to forget this over and over again and overreact each time? remember when we signed an over the hill Caceres mid season, could it be because he is familiar and our management sees the value in that in a mid season signing?

No, can't be that i'm sure you are right. He isn't 14 so he must be useless. We wasted that 16mil we had to pay to lure him away numerous other interested top clubs on a useless player. Klopp was wrong to use him as a starter in a season they made it the CL final. Liverpool management must've been dumb too as they tried hard to keep him. Allegri? dumb. Paratici? dumb. Marotta? dumb.

You saw him have a bad game against Lazio and he isn't 14 so what other option is there? None.

I'm glad that I can "sad" your posts now.

lol you are straw-manning my argument to a ridiculous degree here. Im simply pointing out that he needs to perform and that we cant afford to give him too much "time".

We need players that can handle that pressure and adapt fast. If you arrive at a club like Juventus as an established player in the European elite you are expected to perform. Its the same for every player at that level. its not rocket science. And you know what? its fair

I understand that some people take more time than others, but this is not an 18 year old Moise Kean we are talking about here.

Even Allegri went out to defend his performance and save his ass which i actually thought was very noble of him. Hopefully Can wakes up.

The fact is that he needs to up his game, and very fast so. Please stop finding all this cuck excuses for him and be honest of what you actually observe.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
lol you are straw-manning my argument to a ridiculous degree here. Im simply pointing out that he needs to perform and that we cant afford to give him too much "time".

We need players that can handle that pressure and adapt fast. If you arrive at a club like Juventus as an established player in the European elite you are expected to perform. Its the same for every player at that level. its not rocket science. And you know what? its fair

I understand that some people take more time than others, but this is not an 18 year old Moise Kean we are talking about here.

Even Allegri went out to defend his performance and save his ass which i actually thought was very noble of him. Hopefully Can wakes up.

The fact is that he needs to up his game, and very fast so. Please stop finding all this cuck excuses for him and be honest of what you actually observe.
Bolded

And this worries me a little.... because allegri had to defend him because of how crappy he was. I mean, Emre says his prefered position is regista. Now what we do with him?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)