Emre Can (11 Viewers)

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
He can play regista against Chievos, but I don't want him as last man in front of defense when Barcelona presses us high. In those games he'll have all the space in the world as b2b and be able to carry the ball forward like he did with that chance to Ronaldo.

Buy on AliExpress.com

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Ya there were always strong rumours that he didn't want to play B2B. And imagine how much worse it is under Klopp with all the counter-pressing and short area acceleration you need.
Wasn't it a typical British tabloid piece, or were there other sources saying the same?

Going from last season's Pool to superior Juve seemed simple enough (that was before Pool reached CL final). That piece looked like a typical British megalomaniac, poorly-written tripe.

Jan 22, 2016
2 months qgo i said here he is better than this Pjanic in the DM role but i got laughed at.

He brings stability and protection to the team and let our attackers do their things.

He should start more games and let Pjanic stays out for some games to catch his breath or form.

I really like this 4231 with Matuidi and Can in the double pivot.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Wasn't it a typical British tabloid piece, or were there other sources saying the same?

Going from last season's Pool to superior Juve seemed simple enough (that was before Pool reached CL final). That piece looked like a typical British megalomaniac, poorly-written tripe.
I don't think it was ever presented in a derogatory way. It was seen more as a professional disagreement, not as an indictment on Can's character. I would say most of the British pieces on Can were pretty complimentary, lauding him for how professional he was while seeing out his contract.

Obviously it's hard to believe anything you read nowadays.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
2 months qgo i said here he is better than this Pjanic in the DM role but i got laughed at.

He brings stability and protection to the team and let our attackers do their things.

He should start more games and let Pjanic stays out for some games to catch his breath or form.

I really like this 4231 with Matuidi and Can in the double pivot.
youre still getting laughed at

:lol:

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I don't think it was ever presented in a derogatory way. It was seen more as a professional disagreement, not as an indictment on Can's character. I would say most of the British pieces on Can were pretty complimentary, lauding him for how professional he was while seeing out his contract.
Yes but all of those have nothing to do with typical British megalomaniacal guesswork. Not in that case anyway.

Was it more than one source?

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Yes but all of those have nothing to do with typical British megalomaniacal guesswork. Not in that case anyway.

Was it more than one source?
Just quickly googling, there's a metro.co.uk piece which references a disagreement with Klopp about his preferred position. Then in subsequent articles, one from FootballItalia, it's usually just mentioned in passing how "now Can will be able to play his preferred position at Juventus". So it's taken as fact by the time our rumours started intensifying. But like I said, that could be complete conjecture. Logically, it does make sense to me that he would prefer deeper play as he was a CB and I think he played holding mid for the national team.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I always kind of hated how we put him straight into regista.

I wonder how this midfield would work:

Matuidi-Can-Pjanic

At least worth trying surely.
Have to agree with you. I was so happy we bought an offensive mid, creator and assister. Instead we made him aregista....

Nope. His game is suffering.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Oct 23, 2011
Can played against Guardiola’s City and did well from what I remember
Sure, he will do fine in one match. He might even do fine over an extended period of time, but I don't think he can constantly deliver in that role. From what I've seen of him in his limited time here is that he is not agile enough to move away from his opponent or open play to the other side. Because of his lack of agility, he often ends up playing the ball back to where it came from, whereas he in that role should be able to dictate play and get the ball out of the crowded area and switch play. Even Allegri said today in his press conference that he has to move the ball much quicker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)