Emre Can (26 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
true depending on role. hes a solid (and slightly overpaid) physical alternative to Pjanic

- - - Updated - - -

the clues are all there
Honestly, all Pjanic has done this year is pass sideways either because he's unwilling or because there are no options from our attackers. But at this point what are we really losing if Can plays there instead, I ask myself.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Honestly, all Pjanic has done this year is pass sideways either because he's unwilling or because there are no options from our attackers. But at this point what are we really losing if Can plays there instead, I ask myself.
calma though. this just Chievo. Pjanic is still our most important mid in them big games

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
We losing the pass he made to Ronaldo last game to decide the game.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Other than his 3 goals and 3 assists. ;)

Last edited:

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
We losing the pass he made to Ronaldo last game to decide the game.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Yes but Ronaldo doesn't always play in the middle and we don't see movement like that available for Pjanic. Like how I said, it's either because he's choosing more sideways passes or the options are just not there.

And I've always been the one to say the passer needs an option to aim for. There's no way anyone can say Mario gets in better positions than CR7 so I tend to believe Pjanic's options are limited. But either way, the options to go from whoever is playing DM straight to the #9 are not presenting themselves.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
we are just too static in attack, despite creating so many chances, so someone like Pjanic wont have much to do unless he moves in between the lines and tries to create in the final 3rd, leaving one of the other 2 mids behind. hope Max tries that more

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Very nice finish. One of his better displays for us so far this season. A better defensive display from him too, overall due to his physicality and lack of speed, he suits a DM role much more.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I like Can. I think he is still fitting into the new league and team but the abilities and traits are there to be real solid DM in 2 or 3 man midfield.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
we are just too static in attack, despite creating so many chances, so someone like Pjanic wont have much to do unless he moves in between the lines and tries to create in the final 3rd, leaving one of the other 2 mids behind. hope Max tries that more
Absolutely he should and leave Can back

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
I always kind of hated how we put him straight into regista.

I wonder how this midfield would work:

Matuidi-Can-Pjanic

At least worth trying surely.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

Matuidi-Can-Pjanic

Yeh, I see Can’s role long-term in that position. Doesn’t need to have Pirlo’s passing range or anything, just needs to defend well, pick the right passes to the other two midfielders who have better ability than him higher up the pitch.

Didn’t he leave Liverpool because Klopp saw him more as a B2B and he wants to play DM?

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
Yeh, I see Can’s role long-term in that position. Doesn’t need to have Pirlo’s passing range or anything, just needs to defend well, pick the right passes to the other two midfielders who have better ability than him higher up the pitch.

Didn’t he leave Liverpool because Klopp saw him more as a B2B and he wants to play DM?
Ya there were always strong rumours that he didn't want to play B2B. And imagine how much worse it is under Klopp with all the counter-pressing and short area acceleration you need.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

Matuidi-Can-Pjanic

in the big games when teams leave us space behind and press us up front, hes been mostly fantastic there though. but there is no reason why he should come forward after we advance the ball to Costa/Dybala/Berna/Ronaldo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)