Emre Can (6 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Emre Can: Always wanted Juve
By Football Italia staff

Emre Can believes his transfer to Juventus was fate as his agent had been in contact with the Bianconeri for 'many years’.

Can was finally unveiled as a Juve player on Monday, and the former Liverpool midfielder hinted he had turned down the likes of Bayern Munich and Real Madrid to join the Old Lady, who share his 'mentality’ of winning trophies.

“My first impressions of the club? I knew it was a huge club before, you can see it through the headquarters and facilities,” he began.

“It’s my first day, everything is good and I’m really happy to be here. I had contact with Sami:touched:, he told me before the club was big and I’m very happy to be here.

“My first manager when I started playing football, he was Italian and I’m still in contact with him.

“He’s a huge Juve fan and when I was 6-7-8, he told me that one day I’d play for Juve. Now I’m here, it’s a very cool story and he’s very happy that I’m here.

“As for players [when I was growing up], there was Nedved, Del Piero and a lot of [other] good players.

“I don’t think the World Cup will be a problem for the players. Juve have good players and it won’t affect us next season. After the World Cup, they’ll be rested and fresh again.

“Ronaldo? I think for every player, it would be great to play with a big player like Cristiano Ronaldo.

“Honestly I don’t know if there were contacts between the club and the player, I’m focused on my stuff, but obviously if he comes it would be great.

“Why I chose Juve? The club had good contact with my agent for many years :)beppe:), I know what a huge club this is, the mentality, they just want to win titles and that’s my mentality too. I came here to win titles.

“My first target is Serie A and then the Champions League. I know they haven’t won it for 22-23 years, and of course our aim has to be the Champions League.

“That’s why I’m here, I want to help the team and altogether we can do it because we have a great team, but our main focus is Serie A.

“I’ve talked to the manager but not yet about tactics, although I think it’ll happen in the next few days or weeks.

“My favourite role? I can play in a lot of positions but I feel at home in midfield, although the manager decides. I just want to help the team, if I play defence, striker, goalkeeper or midfield. One of my biggest idols was Zinedine Zidane, he played here too…

“Bayern and Madrid? I had a lot of offers from very good teams but I decided to come to Juve because the project is very big, they have very big aims and I want to be part of the project.

“Problems with Klopp? I’ve heard that for the first time… I had very good relationship with Klopp, he wished me all the best

“I know how Juve play, I watched a lot of their games last season, the players welcomed me very well and asked me about my holidays and injury.” :scared:

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Emre Can's first coach Toni Magliarisi: "I still have goosebumps, if I think about it, my eyes fill with tears. In the evening he then wrote to me: 'If I am here it is also your success, the dream has come true'. https://t.co/8ClKba3eaH

Magliarisi: "Emre is still the same child, very polite and shy, who stayed with me: I know that he will never change. In his family life and in the field, he has learned respect."

Magliarisi: "....he was raised in the Juventus myth, with Del Piero as a reference. I told him: 'Look at him, you have to kick like him'. In my house he has always seen a shrine dedicated to the old Lady: for those like me, Juve represents the Italian sentiment." https://t.co/V0OzDFpjW0

Magliarisi: "I like to think that, almost unconsciously, I transmitted this attraction to him." https://t.co/jrIxOtsyGf

Magliarisi: "I am an immigrant like his father and his mother from Turkey: I know what it means to grow in another country, to be looked at with different eyes, having to earn the hardship and work of appreciation of the nation that welcomed you."

Magliarisi: "His parents are humble and honest, they worked late into the evening. I took Emre back home and I would have to leave him alone, outside the front door. I didnt like it, so I took him to my house at weekends and he stayed with me."

Magliarisi: "He always knew that if he went to Juventus, I would have been the happiest man on Earth, but I told him him that he had to make the best choice for his career....so never go to Inter....." :lol: :lol: LEGEND https://t.co/2KPRSvdszM

Magliarisi: "Last year I told him that he was not ready for Juventus, now he is 110% ready: it will be devastating. Meanwhile, I begin to give him lessons in Italian: he will learn quickly because he has a great memory, as well as a big heart." https://t.co/MbPeh7VyWn

Magliarisi: "Once while I was taking him home as a kid, he saw a cabriolet in front of us & said 'Look how nice that car is, when I can afford it I will buy it for you'. It was just talk. 18 years later Emre shows up at my house with a bunch of keys and says 'Promise kept." https://t.co/wyamVVxdQP

Magliarisi: "He had just given me a cabriolet. He knows I dont need it, I want his love and not the money, but it was his way of saying thank you. But another gift would make me happy ... The Champions league! Give it to me soon because I can not wait any longer..." https://t.co/qMEXnV2b2V

Great interview.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Emre Can: Always wanted Juve
By Football Italia staff

Emre Can believes his transfer to Juventus was fate as his agent had been in contact with the Bianconeri for 'many years’.

Can was finally unveiled as a Juve player on Monday, and the former Liverpool midfielder hinted he had turned down the likes of Bayern Munich and Real Madrid to join the Old Lady, who share his 'mentality’ of winning trophies.

“My first impressions of the club? I knew it was a huge club before, you can see it through the headquarters and facilities,” he began.

“It’s my first day, everything is good and I’m really happy to be here. I had contact with Sami:touched:, he told me before the club was big and I’m very happy to be here.

“My first manager when I started playing football, he was Italian and I’m still in contact with him.

“He’s a huge Juve fan and when I was 6-7-8, he told me that one day I’d play for Juve. Now I’m here, it’s a very cool story and he’s very happy that I’m here.

“As for players [when I was growing up], there was Nedved, Del Piero and a lot of [other] good players.

“I don’t think the World Cup will be a problem for the players. Juve have good players and it won’t affect us next season. After the World Cup, they’ll be rested and fresh again.

“Ronaldo? I think for every player, it would be great to play with a big player like Cristiano Ronaldo.

“Honestly I don’t know if there were contacts between the club and the player, I’m focused on my stuff, but obviously if he comes it would be great.

“Why I chose Juve? The club had good contact with my agent for many years :)beppe:), I know what a huge club this is, the mentality, they just want to win titles and that’s my mentality too. I came here to win titles.

“My first target is Serie A and then the Champions League. I know they haven’t won it for 22-23 years, and of course our aim has to be the Champions League.

“That’s why I’m here, I want to help the team and altogether we can do it because we have a great team, but our main focus is Serie A.

“I’ve talked to the manager but not yet about tactics, although I think it’ll happen in the next few days or weeks.

“My favourite role? I can play in a lot of positions but I feel at home in midfield, although the manager decides. I just want to help the team, if I play defence, striker, goalkeeper or midfield. One of my biggest idols was Zinedine Zidane, he played here too…

“Bayern and Madrid? I had a lot of offers from very good teams but I decided to come to Juve because the project is very big, they have very big aims and I want to be part of the project.

“Problems with Klopp? I’ve heard that for the first time… I had very good relationship with Klopp, he wished me all the best

“I know how Juve play, I watched a lot of their games last season, the players welcomed me very well and asked me about my holidays and injury.” :scared:
ffs Sami, why you bringing your mediocre countrymen over

- - - Updated - - -

so there was this "Exclusive interview with Emre Can" video on the Juventus youtube channel, but its not there anymore :shifty:

anyone knows more about this?

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
ffs Sami, why you bringing your mediocre countrymen over

- - - Updated - - -

so there was this "Exclusive interview with Emre Can" video on the Juventus youtube channel, but its not there anymore :shifty:

anyone knows more about this?
More info to be posted on 23.07.2018 at 23:00hrs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)