Emre Can (36 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
:agree:

Can he DM in 4-3-3? had a poor showing against Lazio but i still think he can do it.
I think he's below average there. Over the course of an entire season, I wouldn't want him there. For a game once in a while, fine.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I think he's below average there. Over the course of an entire season, I wouldn't want him there. For a game once in a while, fine.
what is the issue you see? He just lacks the timing to dictate game?

I guess i would like him there as I am fond of his strength and tackling.

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
what is the issue you see? He just lacks the timing to dictate game?
Too many touches on the ball. Head is down a lot. One touch passing is not great. If he gets pressed, he could be in a lot of trouble. Everything is a bit too slow.

For example, even though Bentancur is still a prospect, he plays with his head up. When the ball is coming to him, he does not have to stare at the ball, instead he looks for options while the ball is coming at him.

The gold standard is Pirlo. He would look behind him when the ball was rolling to him.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
For example, even though Bentancur is still a prospect, he plays with his head up. When the ball is coming to him, he does not have to stare at the ball, instead he looks for options while the ball is coming at him.

Bent plays it too safe. He is too afraid to try and get the ball forward. At least with Can, he isn't afraid to make a gutsy run forward with the ball to try and create something. Max noted that weakness about Bent too, "needs to take more risks in attack".

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
Bent plays it too safe. He is too afraid to try and get the ball forward. At least with Can, he isn't afraid to make a gutsy run forward with the ball to try and create something. Max noted that weakness about Bent too, "needs to take more risks in attack".
Ya but Bentancur was playing B2B all year. In that context, I agree he plays it too safe. That's just his limitation though as a B2B. Not quite good enough to take those risks. As a DM it's fine to play it safe.

Can is better as a B2B. Neither is ideal IMO.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
can he play Sarriball or too slow?
Do the B2B mids need to be quick for Sarriball? Just quick-minded, I thought - as in quick to pass (and that's a serious question... is speed part of Sarri's formula?). From recollection, Allegri had a problem with him for that very reason last season. Held onto the ball too long, was a slow decision maker. But he definitely has technique and a decent football brain.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Do the B2B mids need to be quick for Sarriball? Just quick-minded, I thought - as in quick to pass (and that's a serious question... is speed part of Sarri's formula?). From recollection, Allegri had a problem with him for that very reason last season. Held onto the ball too long, was a slow decision maker. But he definitely has technique and a decent football brain.
Well, Jorginho definitely isn't a demon of pace.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
obviously i was referring to slow to pass.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)