Emre Can - CM/DM - Liverpool (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
He'll probably stay in a rotation role and help Can integrate.

Our Squad will change a lot next season

Alex Sandro is gone next season, Dybala will stay as Barca bought Coutinho

Spinazzola will return, Caldara not sure if he'll return, Rugani will maybe leave. Asamoah likely to leave too.

We need to splash out on fullbacks and a top CB imo.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012

Spinazzola will return, Caldara not sure if he'll return, Rugani will maybe leave. Asamoah likely to leave too.

I would keep Asa having in mind his current form at least to be a rotation player and especially if we don't buy any LB other than bringing Spinazola back.Rugani can leave for a serious amount.I would take Caldara back.

Apr 19, 2007

No reason to buy a backup LB to replace ASA. No we he is better than Asa for the same price range.

John Terry

Jun 25, 2017
You don’t get Emre Can on a Bosman...Better than Danny Drinkwater for €40m tho.

And our management rarely gets free transfers wrong.
He still gets on the payroll, and cuts space & time for other prospects to play. For me, Drinkwater is much more complete player than Can but thats not that important.

Not that i disagree, but that Sounds like the chelsea midfield minus Fabregas :p
Yeah kinda, but Chelsea have wings that can recieve the ball deep in the midfield(Hazard/Pedro) so they are okay. :D

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
It is different at that aspect. But try to give an example of a Bosman transfer we actually sold. While remembering Llorente was 29 or maybe just 30 but since then he has actually been sold for a few millions while we let him go on a free. It's probably more of a promise to convince them to come here.

Coman was a great Bosman-sale but we made him the player he is. He was a nobody beforehand. Can't think of many more.
Uhhh... Coman had 16 appearances for this club, including 11 as a substitute -- and 6 of those sub appearances came after the 80th minute. He did almost nothing with our club. Juventus didn't create Coman's value, he was a very much-hyped youngster before he arrived. His value was created in France.

I think he wants a release clause. So you guys could get paid.
Would be quite surprising if management goes for that. Beppe and Co. are not down with official buyout clauses (he's stated as much in the past).

Would set a precedent I don't think they're interested in setting, and I don't think Can is the calibre of player they would consider breaking that policy for.

We'll see what happens, sounds really close.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Uhhh... Coman had 16 appearances for this club, including 11 as a substitute -- and 6 of those sub appearances came after the 80th minute. He did almost nothing with our club. Juventus didn't create Coman's value, he was a very much-hyped youngster before he arrived. His value was created in France.

Would be quite surprising if management goes for that. Beppe and Co. are not down with official buyout clauses (he's stated as much in the past).

Would set a precedent I don't think they're interested in setting, and I don't think Can is the calibre of player they would consider breaking that policy for.

We'll see what happens, sounds really close.
He had 3 appearances at PSG's first team... Yes, he was hyped up but not at all to the point where Bayern would want to pay a hefty sum for him. Juve definitely moulded him, training with the first team is not te be neglected either.

Agreed on the buyout clause. We're obviously against it and a gentlemen agreement is probably the closest thing to it, we'll agree to.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
He had 3 appearances at PSG's first team... Yes, he was hyped up but not at all to the point where Bayern would want to pay a hefty sum for him. Juve definitely moulded him, training with the first team is not te be neglected either.

Agreed on the buyout clause. We're obviously against it and a gentlemen agreement is probably the closest thing to it, we'll agree to.
Don't get me wrong, being at Juve for a year and training with the 1st team didn't hurt. But IMO, Bayern's deal was more about the potential he had demonstrated all the way through his development, and his obvious physical attributes. Fairly strong and fast from a young age, debuted for PSG at 16, and was a promising player in the France youth setup.

The deal with the Germans was a 2 year loan, with option to buy. Bayern paid 7 Million to develop him for two years, it was a fairly low-risk move for them, given his potential, and their financial standing.

Gave them the opportunity to really get to know the player and his habits before shelling out a more significant fee. By that time, the additional 22M or whatever was pretty easy to say yes to, given the market, his performances with the senior team, his age and obvious potential. Taken a bit of a step backwards, but still just 21 years old.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Cant wait to see him in our midfield, proper Khedira replacement in starting eleven. With Matuidi, Pjanic and Can we will have everything we need in midfield and still having Marchisio, Khedira and Bentancour on the bench is great depth. Actually not depth but great possbilities of rotation, which is probably something we are aiming for. This will let us do what we are already doing in attack - whoever hits form is starting.

Also regarding his wages, how much was Llorente earning when he came here? I think it was 4.5 and it was few years ago. Its no suprise this guy would earn 5m. Talking about earning more than Pjanic - this guy should get a pay raise he is vital for us and should earn money like Higuain and Dybala.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Cant wait to see him in our midfield, proper Khedira replacement in starting eleven. With Matuidi, Pjanic and Can we will have everything we need in midfield and still having Marchisio, Khedira and Bentancour on the bench is great depth. Actually not depth but great possbilities of rotation, which is probably something we are aiming for. This will let us do what we are already doing in attack - whoever hits form is starting.

Also regarding his wages, how much was Llorente earning when he came here? I think it was 4.5 and it was few years ago. Its no suprise this guy would earn 5m. Talking about earning more than Pjanic - this guy should get a pay raise he is vital for us and should earn money like Higuain and Dybala.
I'm not a fan of Khedira staying, if Bentancur develops nicely and Marchisio doesn't get an injury relapse I'd rather give that spot to a youngster like Mandragora or anyone Beppe feels like a promising signing

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
I'm not a fan of Khedira staying, if Bentancur develops nicely and Marchisio doesn't get an injury relapse I'd rather give that spot to a youngster like Mandragora or anyone Beppe feels like a promising signing
Yeah, me too, but we all know it wont happen.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Juventus to send an email to Liverpool over Emre Can
08 January at 21:12

Juve are getting closer to Emre Can as the Liverpool player is set to join Allegri's team as a free-agent (from next season on). The player's entourage has been talking with Juve for weeks now as the Bianconeri offered the German international a 5 year deal worth 25 million euros. According to Gazzetta dello Sport (via IlBianconero), it will be very hard for Juve to convince Liverpool to let him leave right away but Marotta will send the Reds an email to let them know of the negotiations between Juve and Emre Can. :lol::lol::lol: The midfielder does not want to renew his deal with the Reds as Juve are very close to locking him up for next season. Will Liverpool change their mind and try to get something for him right away? This remains to be seen but in any case, he will be joining the Bianconeri. Emre Can appeared in 24 games for Klopp's side on the season as he scored 2 goals and added 3 assists on the season.

Jeeeesus f*ckin Christ, being a "reporter" in a sports site must be one of the easiest jobs on earth...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)