Emre Can - CM/DM - Liverpool (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Apparently, Allegri can make everyone better, even if they aren't good enough :sigh:

I guess it's a coping mechanism for some, helping them accept the trash our board sometimes bring in.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
I don't rate him as low as some people here do, I believe he has potential to be a good midfielder, very dynamic and aggressive. He wouldn't solve our problems right from the bat but I'd rather get him than Matuidi.

N'Zonzi and Matic would also be underwhelming signings but they're much older than Emre who has a higher ceiling. Unless we manage to get someone like Fabinho (which we won't because of his passport), I think he's the best midfielder we've been linked to.

We should have got Tolisso.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Great player, would be happy to have him on our team.

However, I doubt we can lure a starter from an EPL club to Turin.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I must admit that I literally don't know the guy, never saw him play but he looks decent on youtube :p

He's quite young but still experienced it seems.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Apparently, Allegri can make everyone better, even if they aren't good enough :sigh:

I guess it's a coping mechanism for some, helping them accept the trash our board sometimes bring in.
We got to the CL final twice in 3 years while winning 3 doubles in a row, because our board only brings in trash :baus:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Wrong! I didn't say only trash, but there have been some incredibly underwhelming signings :D
Here is a radicalised idea : Teams need backup players in case the starter, first sub and versatile sub all get rekt by some reason.

Name any "trash" we signed the past years that failed in the role we had for the player in mind

- - - Updated - - -

I will judge how good he is based on how hot his WAG is.
Before or after she shaved

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Here is a radicalised idea : Teams need backup players in case the starter, first sub and versatile sub all get rekt by some reason.

Name any "trash" we signed the past years that failed in the role we had for the player in mind
Rincon and Sturaro haven't really set the world alight. I consider them excess to requirements and not good enough; the same applies to Lemina, but only because he's played out of position and doesn't get enough opportunities. He's wasting away here. We disposed of some of the garbage in the form of Peluso, Motta, and Martinez, and I'm grateful for that. However, in this mercato, we have thus far been operating without a plan, and our acquisitions have been incredibly underwhelming.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Rincon and Sturaro haven't really set the world alight. I consider them excess to requirements and not good enough; the same applies to Lemina, but only because he's played out of position and doesn't get enough opportunities. He's wasting away here. We disposed of some of the garbage in the form of Peluso, Motta, and Martinez, and I'm grateful for that. However, in this mercato, we have thus far been operating without a plan, and our acquisitions have been incredibly underwhelming.
Offcourse we operate with a plan. We have marked a couple of positions and we look at the options. We cant purchase all the n°1 candidates,because of finances and the EU rule.
So we look and weigh in.

We have signed 1 of 2/3 forwards allready. A high quality winger that is a world class potential.
We signed the backup GK
We are looking at the CM and RB

And both Sturaro and Rincon were signed as rotational players. When did someone ever expect them to set the world on fire ?

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
Young, aggressive, good pass, can play deep..

Seems like a decent choice for the profile we need. Not exciting but decent. And with his contract expiring, we might get him on a discount.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
liverpool shouldn't be our benchmark. we should rate each of our signing asking the following question: "would this guy be good enough for real, bayern or barcelona?" if the answer is 'maybe', we should pass.

i can't see either of de sciglio, bernardeschi, garay, matuidi and can at a top european club. sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)