Emre Can - CM/DM - Liverpool (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
Expected a lot more from him. Watched a lot of Liverpool games last season and he was mediocre at best.

I hope Grujic will bench him there.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Yeah except we lost half of our starting back 4 and Milan and Liverpools bench does in fact not have gold on it.

Please don't compare the likes of MDS to Pirlo and Tevez. Morata was talented enough Madrid forced a buy back on us too.

I was all for keeping our starting XI in tact and buying a winger and a midfielder. But our defence has just taken a MASSIVE hit and we've yet to do anything about it because we're reluctant to meet anybodies asking price.

I get optimism, but $#@! me this Summer has been dog$#@! and almost everybody can see it. You can be optimistic about how it will end but for the love of god don't put a positive spin on selling Bonucci to our rivals for a pittance, losing Alves for free because of a hissy fit and replacing them with so far nobody, and MDS.
The upgrade we made from Cuadrado to D. costa is far beyond the loss we'll make by going from Bonucci to Benatia/Rugani and even MDS is a superior player in the defensive end when compared to D. Alves. The burden of attack is lifted with other additions. It's hard to see but we're definitely growing here if we add Bernardeschi.

And as far as Emre Can goes; I can't imagine Real fans were excited when they signed Casemiro; yet he fits in perfectly.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
The upgrade we made from Cuadrado to D. costa is far beyond the loss we'll make by going from Bonucci to Benatia/Rugani and even MDS is a superior player in the defensive end when compared to D. Alves. The burden of attack is lifted with other additions. It's hard to see but we're definitely growing here if we add Bernardeschi.

And as far as Emre Can goes; I can't imagine Real fans were excited when they signed Casemiro; yet he fits in perfectly.
no way, just no way. Cuadrado, who was an important starter for us, a similar level team to Bayern, is now hugely inferior to Costa, who was a complete bench player for them? I agree with people saying that Costa might offer something different upfront and will make us more dangerous, but he's not a huge upgrade on Cuadrado, I personally don't think he's an upgrade at all, just a younger guy with lots of ability and a bright future.

MDS a superior defender to D.Alves? exactly when and against who has he proved this? D.Alves completely destroyed Neymar over two legs with Barca, Milan hasn't been near top level opposition like that for years

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
This thread is a thorn in my side.

Hope there are soon reasons that we can close it and never have to speak out his name again.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
The overwhelmingly bias mindset here hurts.

Making comparisons that really ought not to be made, and now we're saying losing our best and only injury free CB to Milan is no biggie, because some Milan bench player can defend better than Alves, the same Alves that shut down Neymar twice. MDS hasn't been able to do that to Serie A 'wingers' ffs :lol: I'm sure he'll come good here, but these comparisons are insane

And FYI no you can't compare MDS to Barzagli, Barzagli obviously exceeded expectations and was an amazing piece of business but the idea he was some shit player is unfounded. He helped Wolfsburg win a league title in the biggest 1 team league after current Serie A ffs.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
The overwhelmingly bias mindset here hurts.

Making comparisons that really ought not to be made, and now we're saying losing our best and only injury free CB to Milan is no biggie, because some Milan bench player can defend better than Alves, the same Alves that shut down Neymar twice. MDS hasn't been able to do that to Serie A 'wingers' ffs :lol: I'm sure he'll come good here, but these comparisons are insane

And FYI no you can't compare MDS to Barzagli, Barzagli obviously exceeded expectations and was an amazing piece of business but the idea he was some shit player is unfounded. He helped Wolfsburg win a league title in the biggest 1 team league after current Serie A ffs.
:tup: :beer: +Rep

People seriously overrate every turd nugget we are linked with or buy. It's fucking repulsive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)