Empoli-Juventus (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
That's good news,but you don't want his injury to re-occur. I say we should leave him on the bench and then maybe he may fully recover for the Champions League game against Dinamo.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
I'm sure Lippi will only go for a fully fit Trez, he will gradually gain match fitness until he's completely ready .. Forza Trez !!

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    if he makes the bench he will most probably play a while today....i don't think lippi will make a slightly injured player travel for nothing....

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
    probable formations from gazzetta.it...

Empoli(4-2-3-1): Berti, Belleri, Cribari, Atzori, Cupi, Grella, Giampieretti, Rocchi, Vannucchi, Di Natale, Saudati

Juventus(4-3-1-2): Buffon, Thuram, Ferrara, Montero, Moretti, Camoranesi, Tacchinardi, Davids, Nedved, Di Vaio, Del Piero.

Subs: Chimenti, Iuliano, Fresi, Baiocco, Tudor, Salas, Trezeguet.

Indisponibili: Zambrota, Pessotto, Conte

Espectro

The Grimreaper
    Jul 12, 2002
    Don't you think that we should rest some players for this game, you know like Di Vaio, Camoranesi, etc... Salas and Zambo could play in this match...

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
    We need to maintain our 100% record and get maximum points against Empoli with minimum effort .. I don't know the availablity of Tudor, Zambrotta, and Trez .. but hopefully we will continue with our good form in the league ..

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
    A draw? :undecide: No, we should win this one .. keep the draws when facing the likes of Inter, Milan, etc. :D Anyway, I saw Empoli's first match against Como .. they looked dangerous at times but we should handle them ...

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
    Juventus have received a huge boost with the news that Igor Tudor could return from injury by taking his place on the bench against Empoli this weekend.

"If the decision was mine, I'd play now," he said. "But the inactivity period was too long and the need is more important than my will. And with a team like this...there's no need to accelerate!"

It just gets better for Juve, :thumb:

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by littleD ] ++

Juventus(4-3-1-2): Buffon, Thuram, Ferrara, Montero, Moretti, Camoranesi, Tacchinardi, Davids, Nedved, Di Vaio, Del Piero.

Subs: Chimenti, Iuliano, Fresi, Baiocco, Tudor, Salas, Trezeguet.

Indisponibili: Zambrota, Pessotto, Conte
    looking at this, our squad ain't as bad as I thought.

With everyone fit:

-------------------Buffon---------------------
    Thuram---Tudor----Montero---Pessotto
    Zambo---------Davids------------Nedved
    ------------------Camo----------------------
    ----------Trez-----------DelPiero-----------

Chimenti, Iuliano, Ferrara, Fresi, Tacchinardi, Baiocco, Conte, Moretti, Salas, Di Vaio, Zenoni, Zalayeta

methinks we just need one more creative attacking midfielder and we have a very good squad, so lets just buy Aimar and win the treble!

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
    Back from Rotterdam early in the afternoon, the blackandwhites went straight back to work at the Comunale stadium for a friendly match against the amateur team of Canavese, from Serie D. Marcello Lippi used at the beginning the players that didn't take part in the Champions League and the ones who remained in Turin to recover from injuries, like Trezeguet and Zambrotta. The team decided by Lippi was: Chimenti, Zenoni, Iuliano, Fresi, Moretti, Baiocco, Tudor, Zambrotta, Zalayeta, Trezeguet and Salas. Warmind-up also is the young Uruguayan player Ruben Olivera, who trained for a while and could be used during the match. General Director Luciano Moggi is attending the match from the border of the pitch.

* The friendly is being played now *

Holden

Aug 3, 2002
    I think it may time to see Salas start the match. As for Empoli, I, like some of you, know next to nothing about them, but I think we should'nt underestimate them just because they're a newly promoted side. There's no point in Lippi making too many changes to the team. I'm expecting a tough game, we all know how teams try harder against Juve.

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
    trezeguet scored 4 goals in freindly :D

At his first match after the injury, David Trezeguet showed immediately to not have lost the “vice” of scoring. In the match played this afternoon at the Comunale Stadium against the amateurs of Canavese (Serie D), the French bomber played for an hour scoring four times. A good test in the wainting of the returning in the group. The match, played by the blackandwhites not used in Rotterdam, ended 6-0. Noteworthy also the performance of Ruben Olivera, arrived yesterday from Uruguay, and on the pitch in the second half. For him there was the joy of a wonderful goal. The sixth goal was scored by the young Tarantino.

TREZEGOAL IS BACK :D :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)