Emerson (1 Viewer)

Baggio93

Jan 22, 2004
I think he is the cancer of this team, he plays slow, has no real strengths, and I never get why we need 2 defensive midfielders, play Viera, gjt DP behind the two strikers and play offensive !
Emerson sure had his time, but he is no longer a top player.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I agree, he's been very good and very consistent.

Vieira has also been playing well, so chosing one of them (that is, if the other is set to be shown the exit door) is a difficult decision.

If there's one of the two I think is capable of playing top level football for another 3 years, though, it's Patrick Vieira.

Pair him up with an attacking minded central midfielder and our approach play is going to improve severely.

OP
Baggio93

Baggio93

Jan 22, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4
    hmm, obviously I see another player then, the emerson i see plays every second ball (esp. against arsenal) to an opponent and moves really slow, actually I never saw him sprint, all in all only Zebina is worse, but well, he ain´t a real player in my eyes, what a waste.
    Juve will need to change a lot or next season will be very sad for us.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    Emerson may be slow but he reads the play very well and breaks down the oppositions attacks brilliantly. I believe heh has been better than Vieira this season and they BOTH should not leave the club.

Play them both as DM and have a playmaker. Start playing them as we did with Deschamps and Davids, and then bring in riquelme to play as ZZ did and have Camo or Marchionni as the right winger.

what is killing the team is Nedved/Mutu on the left...we need a playmaker behind the forwards..simple!

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    Adrian said:
    Emerson may be slow but he reads the play very well and breaks down the oppositions attacks brilliantly. I believe heh has been better than Vieira this season and they BOTH should not leave the club.

Play them both as DM and have a playmaker. Start playing them as we did with Deschamps and Davids, and then bring in riquelme to play as ZZ did and have Camo or Marchionni as the right winger.

what is killing the team is Nedved/Mutu on the left...we need a playmaker behind the forwards..simple!
    yeah, I agree with that call.. Emerson has been highly effective throughout the season...he has rarely been in bad positions on pitch. his worse game was against Arsenal in the first leg but I guess you can't be a perfect DM, it was our mistake to have two DMs, worldclass but niether had much pace or acceleration.

We need a play maker that is clear, I doubt Nedved is the problem becuase he was the only one dangerous player during our second leg vs. Arsenal, and u can't blame Mutu for not doing well in unfamiliar role.

OP
    Baggio93

Baggio93

Jan 22, 2004
  • Thread Starter #8
    ya, right on Nedved and Mutu.
    And I think it´s obvious a team like Juve should not play 4 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders. How should we create offense, we leave Trez all alone up front and Ibra is like a foreigner on the team as well, I still think Ibra could help if he was more intregated into our game.
    With all the positives I admit that Emerson knows where to stand, but once he faces a guy like fabregas or anyone faster than a worm, he is helpless.

Il Re

-- 10 --
    Jan 13, 2005
    Baggio93 said:
    hmm, obviously I see another player then, the emerson i see plays every second ball (esp. against arsenal) to an opponent and moves really slow, actually I never saw him sprint, all in all only Zebina is worse, but well, he ain´t a real player in my eyes, what a waste.
    Juve will need to change a lot or next season will be very sad for us.
    i agree completely, i think emerson has looked very slow on many occasions, we have seen the best of him....

Dec 26, 2004
    Adrian said:

what is killing the team is Nedved/Mutu on the left...we need a playmaker behind the forwards..simple
    !

:agree:

OP
    Baggio93

Baggio93

Jan 22, 2004
  • Thread Starter #12
    nah Cannavaro is/was better this season. Also I still say Camo was better, Zambrotta, and of course DelPiero always played well when he came in.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
    Emerson has never had pace, but he doesn't need much since he's never out of position. Emerson is the type of player who brings stability to the midfield. If we would sell him for Riquelme we would end up with a Real Madrid type midfield with only one player doing all the dirty work.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
    Mar 29, 2006
    I aint a fan of him, he hasnt really been tested to the max, the only time he was tested are at times when he faces milans midfield who are fast and sharp and of course in the CL. He has been awful in the champions league everytime I see him he looks slow. If we were to keep him, his only good against players who dont have much quality. Viera showed at the first part of the season of what he can bring, he found it a little hard to see that his aggressive style is not liked in italy, but i think he should settle next season to be a better player for us.. as for emerson he can leave and take his pals zebina and capello with him.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Emerson may be slow. But this player know exactly how to do his Job, he's slow but class. He can kill the opposition team atmosphere....I'm happy with what he's done so far...Though he needs to Improve his shooting and long passes more.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
    Mar 29, 2006
    Azzurri7 said:
    Emerson may be slow. But this player know exactly how to do his Job, he's slow but class. He can kill the opposition team atmosphere....I'm happy with what he's done so far...Though he needs to Improve his shooting and long passes more.
    he kills the atmosphere alrite :D

OP
    Baggio93

Baggio93

Jan 22, 2004
  • Thread Starter #19
    now I really doubt he will develope any more lol, if he can´t play a long pass or shoot at this stage of his career, he might never learn, with all respect

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)